Xiouslaidyn(OD)

Greetings from an Atlantic Canadian

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd throw in a greeting to this well established clan of yours. Thanks for having me. I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada. I live on an Island called Cape Breton. Yes, I know, a cape is not an island, right? To be honest, no one that lives here is really sure about that one, either, but I assure you it IS an island, connected to the mainland by a long causeway. I've played games since I was 4, and I got my first computer when I was 11 or 12. It had 4 megs of ram and a processor that was around 100 mhz. DA POWAH.

My first online gaming experience was a MUD called Redemption, and from there I upgraded to a game called The Realm. It was the first true MMO I ever played, with hundreds of players logged on to the server at any given time. Years later I played my first 3d MMO, which had WAY more people on the server at any given time. Everquest. I played it for about a year and at some point when I was quite a high level and with lots of stuff in my inventory, I died and lost everything. I can't remember exactly how it happened, but I was unable to recover the stuff from the corpse (maybe someone had taken it? not sure, memory foggy) Anyway, it was many months of hard work down the drain, so I f**king quit that game. Then came Asheron's Call. This was the first MMO that I played with an irl friend, and also my first true pvp gaming experience. Played on the server Darktide, which was the only pvp server.

For over two years my friend and I played the crap out of that game, which had no level cap that anyone was aware of (it was later determined to be 128 but eventually the devs removed the cap altogether) It had a system where when you died, you lost money and several of your most valuable items, whether you had them equipped or they were in your inventory. Made the game quite thrilling, overall. AC had me hooked on pvp, and I never went back to strictly pve. I have played tons of MMOs since and they had to have pvp or I wasn't interested. WoW for a very short period, Dark Age of Camelot, Star wars galaxies and SWKotoR, Rift, Archeage, Path of Exile, TERA, Blade and Soul, just to name a few of the top of my head.

And now, Black Desert. This game has me hooked and it's costin me money. The only game I've played that was more expensive was Archeage, which was over the top p2w, like insanely so. I'm not complaining though, I've always been willing to shell out dough for things that I enjoyed. And I enjoy Black Desert very, very much. Ya'll might have a different opinion than me, but in my humble opinion, it's the greatest MMO I've ever played, and I have played multiple dozens.

Anywho, enough prattering on about games and back to playing them. I'll do my best to make a significant contribution to the clan in BDO!

Edited by Xiouslaidyn(OD)

Hi and welcome to the Clan!  You're right, in that it is a friendly, gaming group.  I haven't been able to get Black Desert work on my old computer, but it looks fun.  I am strictly D2 at the moment.  If you ever find yourself on D2, just give me a whisper on Purplez(OD).  I'd be happy to help.

• Like 1

I strictly SAID NO capers .... I told you all they are not the same as Me a mainlander god damn it theres gonna be oland cans everywhere now

• Like 1

Welcome to the community Xio! We look forward to gaming with you as well! We're all here to have fun and game together, so please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have~

Welcome to OD 

happy New Year also 🙂 

Edited by Sassy

Welcome to the forum, Xiou.

I'm glad to see you took an interest in the forum and community enough to introduce yourself. There's a lot about OD I don't tell in-game recruits right away to avoid overwhelming them, but our main gaming community is pretty elaborate and participating can be quite the enlightening experience. We go to great lengths to provide the kind of gaming environment people might enjoy.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 2:01 PM, TypeReaL(OD) said:

I strictly SAID NO capers .... I told you all they are not the same as Me a mainlander god damn it theres gonna be oland cans everywhere now

How did you know I drink Oland beers?!?!?! Crafty mainlander swine! Probably drinkin fancy stuff like Alexander Keith's, ain'tcha b'y?!

On 1/2/2019 at 6:59 AM, Terra said:

Welcome to the forum, Xiou.

I'm glad to see you took an interest in the forum and community enough to introduce yourself. There's a lot about OD I don't tell in-game recruits right away to avoid overwhelming them, but our main gaming community is pretty elaborate and participating can be quite the enlightening experience. We go to great lengths to provide the kind of gaming environment people might enjoy.

Thanks Terra. Yeah I took a good look at the page, this is a big clan spread over quite a number of games!

1 hour ago, Xiouslaidyn(OD) said:

How did you know I drink Oland beers?!?!?! Crafty mainlander swine! Probably drinkin fancy stuff like Alexander Keith's, ain'tcha b'y?!

Schooner to get yah there sooner when I used to drink 😄

• Laugh 1