Sign in to follow this  
kuvall(OD)

OD's Video Game??

hey guys im new to the clan and forums im just looking for some opinions i was on jsp a week ago and i noticed the ladder slasher i have played before but its been sometime anyways

i was playing it and i started thinking you know what Clan OD should have its own video game HTML Style and not all of you no this but i build mobile apps and games for fun and decided to

confront the community for there opinions on the matter i have started a build and completed a minor Demo its called OD Minions i play diablo 2 and wanted to stick firmly to the genre

also i thought maybe it should be something like ladder slasher but like always i took it way to far 😛 i created a dungeon style rpg with fully functional multiplayer servers, party grouping, questing,

player vs player, and trading im building a crappy freewebs web page to host it on then ill post the link but before i continue building this game for the clan i would like to know everyone's opinions on it

if its a bad idea ill drop the entire project if somebody can find a use for it i will continue i thought maybe are competitive members could use it as some type of tournament all feedback positive or negative is recommended thanks

until i finish the website i have attached a zip of the demo you do not need to download anything after the zip it runs off its own standalone client just unzip it and run the icon with the axe choose your

graphic settings select server & play username and password can be whatever but recommended you use something that can identify you special characters and spaces are not allowed in name creation

you do not need to register an email

once you have selected server & play on the bottom right you sill see a create button press that pick your character name and select the class then on the right hand side again you will see play to get it to light up click on the character you just made and enjoy always click login first after putting in your details if it says disconnected then click server & play disconnected means there is no active server server & play button creates a server that other uses will join when they click login almost like how diablo games work

Note everything in the demo is subject to change if it gets the approval ill be taking recommendations on what to change and what to add / remove

ODM.zip

for those who want to test it please type name like this NameOD type a password then click login i am hosting a server atm

• Like 1

From what I've heard, OD apparently did have games that were going to be integrated, but they were eventually scrapped. 

well thats a big bummer hopefully i dont have to scrap mine there is about 300 dollars of assets in it so far but if so all well im going to post a link members are saying they dont have permission to download it

link is here if your having trouble downloading

https://ufile.io/9gc0d

just so everyone knows the multiplayer is not working right now i made a mistake and forgot to add the scene to the networking hud manager ill fix it tomorrow with a new link

That's quite the interesting project. I can't think of many people that would put in the time and effort to put something like this together, I'm pretty keen on seeing how far you take it.

Amazing effort Kuvall!  Since my computer skills are limited, it's always fun to see how creative others can be in that area.  Looking forward to trying it out!

well im glad people are taking it so well because last night i made like 2 more levels

so i want to use some of the members as npc's if i could get permissions from everyone would be greatly appreciated as this is a clan od game it only makes sense to use different members of the clan as the guides/merchants/navigators

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kuvall(OD) said:

so i want to use some of the members as npc's if i could get permissions from everyone would be greatly appreciated as this is a clan od game it only makes sense to use different members of the clan as the guides/merchants/navigators

Thanks for the invite, I'd be honored.  🙂

guys im going to setup a drop box for not only downloading the independent client for the game as i will soon be running in atavism doing a 4k build this will make the game look more like skyrim with world of warcraft futures meaning making it html is now out of the question i pretty much passed the 1gb file size limit anyways cant make a great game with limitations but

the drop box can be used for more then just the game download i could use some voices for the npcs so if you want some custom sound on your npc record your self saying basic phrases like

"how may i help you"

"could you use any assistance"

"leave me the fuck alone" ( idk be creative ) once the drop box is live you will be able to get on the site with the link i provide and upload your voices

also i would appreciate any feed back as well as recommendations this is a clan project i could use all the ideas you can throw at me i will list the systems already created

Systems:

summoning

skill customizable * this means the sky's the limits

attack customizable * this means the sky's the limits

mounting system

inventory

questing

guild's

group's

instances

traveling including- teleporting - mounts

please give me some ideas on some builds you would like to see so far we have warrior/archer those are subject to change as i start using higher poly mesh 3d models

already included in the game with od in mind

Pops(OD) - merchant, quester, teleport to dungeon

Purplez(OD) -merchant, quester, teleport to town

Sassy(OD) - customized sword with shop and custom logo

i will be continuing to add material if you choose to have something special like a piece of gear, shrine or anything you can think of please let me know and i will make it happen

you can make me the crazy npc in the game the one that makes a simple task sound like going up mt fucking doom but in reality i just want unicorns or daffodil daydream

I am an audio engineer and if you need any sounds/music/fx lmk!!!!

14 hours ago, TR3D(OD) said:

I am an audio engineer and if you need any sounds/music/fx lmk!!!!

Wow TRD!  See all the skills of our Clan members!  Maybe you could fix my mic so I don't sound like an alien on TS LMAO jking!

• Laugh 1