Sign in to follow this  
Terra

On the Use of Clubs

Forum Clubs

As most of you have probably noticed by now our Forum now features the use of Clubs, accessed from the Clubs button at the top of the forum. I'll go over briefly here what we decided on are acceptable reasons to create and use Clubs.

What you can create a Club for

Clubs can be created for the following things

1. You can create a Club for non-Squad games that people seem to be interested in, such as the Chess club or a Rocket League club

2. Squads have the option of being made as a club instead of a sub-board on the forum, it is up to the Squad founders to decide where they would like it. When a Squad becomes a Division its Club board will be converted into its own forum board on the forum

3. Divisions can choose to allow the creation of Clubs for whatever they feel will be useful for their Division. This can include using a Club as a private locker for leaders, for organizing PvP groups, or anything else the Division feels will be useful.

When a Club is created, it will remain hidden to everyone but the creator until an Administrator approves it. During this time the creator can begin customizing their Club with themes and other limited options while they wait. A club's creation will be denied if there is nothing to indicate members would be interested in it, or if the Club does not have the consent of the Division Leaders (if it is a Division-related Club)

How to create a Club

To create a Club simply select the Club button at the top of the forum and then select the "Start a Club" button on the upper right side. (Locations may vary slightly depending on Forum Theme being used)

Club1.jpg

Club2.jpg

When creating a Club you have the option of changing its accessibility between 4 options.

Public

Anyone can see the Club topics and post in them, even if they aren't part of the Club

Open

All Members can see the Club topics but only members who join the Club can post in them. Can join the Club freely without the need for approval.

Closed

All Members can see the Club topics but only members who are in the Club can post in them. Members must be invited by the Club leader to join the Club.

Private

The Club and all its topics are hidden from any members who are not part of the Club. Members must be invited by the Club leader to join the Club.

The Benefits of a Club

Clubs come with a few benefits that the use of regular boards do not provide. Club Leaders have a greater degree of control over their Clubs, having all of the Moderator powers that a Moderator of a regular board would have, but also being able to select their own Moderators and create their own boards. Using hidden Private Clubs instead of private Boards allows leaders to add and remove access to the board easily, without the need to set or remember passwords.

There are forum mods out there that can enhance Club control to greater extents as well, and if Clubs see a lot of use on our forum then we may look into future upgrades.

If you wish to check out and experiment with a Club then feel free to use the tutorial Club I created: Terra's Drinking Lounge!

I love clubs because I can go clubbing and Mommy won't yell at me for it. 

Woo Hoo I can finally teach cannabis growing to the masses ! invite only tho !

@Terra if we leave a club and then decide to return can we rejoin ?? 

1 hour ago, Sassy said:

@Terra if we leave a club and then decide to return can we rejoin ?? 

You should be able to yes. As a General you should be able to join/leave clubs at will regardless of public/private status. (you may need to manage the club to invite yourself but you can rejoin a private club)

• Like 1

Non-General members can join and leave a club at will if its open, if its invite only and they leave then they have to be re-invited.

• Like 1