Morgoth(OD)

How to speak to other players?

I'm interested in being able to speak to other clan members.  Could someone explain to me what I need to do in easy to follow steps? lol. I have a pair of Ausdom M06 headphones (w/ mic) do you think they'll work?

Download teamspeak, use your OD account as your display name, then connect to the server ts3.overdosed.net. 

I found this tutorial helpful for me when I first joined the clan last December having never used a chat program either.

I figured out how to get my microphone to work.  I actually had a MIC port to plug the 3.5 mm jack into.  However, when I tested it with "voice recorder," I could barely hear myself. Also, sound does not play through my headphones but through the Logitech speakers plugged into my computer.  So, not sure what to do.  Here is what my headphones look like

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/GscAAOSw1S9WgNGv/s-l300.jpg

I was looking at gaming headphones with mic on ebay and saw some plugged in with USB and others had 2 connection points like this:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ZMIAAOSwRDpb2HEx/s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Morgoth(OD)

Have you tried removing the speakers, restarting the PC, running teamspeak in admin with the headphones plugged in. Last set I had, there was atrocious issues like that as different apps would pull sound or use the card. Are you sure your settings in the volume control panel are correct as well. like being set not to default but to the headphones for outbound.

Never tried connecting my headset with usb even if they came with it. I'm using an Y splitter (that also came with my headset). Don't know if USB can replace Y splitter but you do need an Y splitter to separate the audio and voice.

You can also try by going into TS3 settings and assign the device in their.  Go to Tools -- options -- playback. In playback device pick your headset. Then go to capture and also select your capture device. And as it been explained early make sure you run TS3 in windows mode. 

What you can also do is test it in a different program and see if it does the same thing or no.

On the back of my computer there is a pink and a green port.  When I plug the headphones in the green port, I get sound but the microphone on my headphones doesn't work (When going to voice recorder it says connect a microphone).  So when I plug in the pink port the mic works and I can record myself (You can barely hear me though).  But for me to hear myself back I have to unplug the headphone and put it in the green port.  The mic on my headphones is built in them, so I guess I need a mic that comes out over my mouth for me to be heard clearly?

(Just saw Jiraiya's comment about the Y splitter)

Edited by Morgoth(OD)

39 minutes ago, Morgoth(OD) said:

On the back of my computer there is a pink and a green port.  When I plug the headphones in the green port, I get sound but the microphone on my headphones doesn't work (When going to voice recorder it says connect a microphone).  So when I plug in the pink port the mic works and I can record myself (You can barely hear me though).  But for me to hear myself back I have to unplug the headphone and put it in the green port.  The mic on my headphones is built in them, so I guess I need a mic that comes out over my mouth for me to be heard clearly?

(Just saw Jiraiya's comment about the Y splitter)

Yeah seems like you need an Y splitter. You can get an Y splitter in stores like walmart, bestbuy. You don't need to buy an entire new headset.

Thanks Jiraiya!

Looks like you guys got this pretty much licked... If you still have questions or issues, please feel free to either post here again or send me a PM...

Once you have your mic / headphone connection figured out, you may need to go into the teamspeak settings to manually select the correct mic input ( tools>settings>capture device). Running teamspeak "as Admin" is pretty much a must while running a game with teamspeak because most games these days like to "hog" the audio devices on your PC.

I need to familiarize myself with teamspeak. When I get my mic, maybe someone can help me with it :-). I was surprised to see so many channels (?) when I clicked on D2

Nice.