GCT(OD)

1,000% EXP boost days and times

November 23rd ~ November 25th for the following allotted times:

23:00 ~ 2:00 UTC / 15:00 ~ 18:00 PST

04:00 ~ 07:00 UTC / 20:00 ~ 23:00 PST

*EXP boost will NOT be active on Olvia servers or PVP servers

• Like 1

So the real question then becomes "Where can we possibly grind at?"

Because during each of those 3 hours the event is on, the entire world is going to go to hell.

@Triny(OD) think you'll be around for some of that? We might need to hire on some muscle to protect us from the amount of people who will most certainly fight to the death for grinding spots.

• Like 1

i will indeed be around probably grinding too but on an alt, so i can park my main nearby then switch over and be reached via ts/discord/ingame.  I will never turn down pvp ^.^

Think we'll probably want you in our TS channel during those times, just to make it easier to communicate.

So, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at:

3pm - 6pm Pacific / 5pm - 8pm Central

and

8pm - 11pm Pacific / 10pm - 1am Central

Thinkin maybe our best bet is to form multiple parties and grind in the same areas. We'll need a bigger area to support our groups but then we'll be able to help defend each other and Triny can help protect all groups. Valencia grind spots probably still won't be an option for us, but maybe we can contest areas like Mansha's Forest, Helm's Post, or maybe even Pirates would be viable during this?

39 minutes ago, Terra said:

Think we'll probably want you in our TS channel during those times, just to make it easier to communicate.

and

Thinkin maybe our best bet is to form multiple parties and grind in the same areas. We'll need a bigger area to support our groups but then we'll be able to help defend each other and Triny can help protect all groups. Valencia grind spots probably still won't be an option for us, but maybe we can contest areas like Mansha's Forest, Helm's Post, or maybe even Pirates would be viable during this?

Most people will avoid Nagas because of the debuff but thats upto you guys, im not sure what kind of gear score you guys have.

I think places like Helms, sausans, iron mine, etc. will be saturated with many different guilds... But many of the desert grinding spots will draw higher level players because of the marnie stones and extra xp they give... For our higher geared members, I'd suggest maybe the less often traveled cadry's, but honestly, in the past week, I haven't seen a single other person in the Soldier's grave area during the evenings I've been grinding there... It may be our best bet, with skill points for higher, and combat xp for lower geared members of our guild... Thoughts?

Been talking about it with Triny, she's gonna see if some of her guild members will be up for helping out. If so then they're gonna grind and guard the entrance area to Nagas from players coming in and let us grind on the mobs inside. Since Nagas is a much more enclosed grinding area its easier to defend.

If we can do it then this event may turn into a good opportunity to catapult a lot of our members into the 60's and make us a bit more competitive as a guild.

• Like 1

Oh, damn. I just realized this is going to overlap the time of our first Guild Meeting. Well maybe we can hold a brief meeting after the 3-hour period on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Terra said:

and

Umm... I may be mistaken here, but isn't CST equivalent of UTC - 6? 

https://savvytime.com/converter/utc-to-cst

That would mean that 16:00 UTC is equivalent of 10:00 CST, or 10:00 AM CST, and 04:00 UTC means 22:00 CST, or 10:00 PM CST of the night before, no?

This would mean that the Division meeting will NOT interfere.... 😉

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

I think GCT copied the wrong UTC times for the first 3-hour set. The exact times as stated in the BDO Events page are as follows

EXP-Boost.jpg

I'll adjust his post to match the proper UTC times.

Oh, you're absolutely right. How convenient.

• Like 1

@Triny(OD)

What's the word on your friends for tomorrow? We should aim to secure the Naga Temple early, at minimum at least an hour before the EXP boost starts, so that we are only fighting people who are peeking in at it rather than any groups or guilds who have already gathered up at it.

The bulk of our members will probably be on more for the evening one than the afternoon, but we can use the afternoon to test the waters, so to speak.

For OD I'll be creating and leading the first party. If/when we need a second party @CompFreak(OD) I'll have you create and lead it. And if we need a third party @GCT(OD) will create and lead it. Both of you can be part of existing parties until it becomes clear that we need to make a new party due to the number of people, and then you can break off and create the new party as needed. That make sense?

• Like 1