Purplez(OD)

Thankful Times Contest, Clan Wide!

This time of year, we start to think about all the things we are thankful for in our lives.  This is a clan wide contest available to anyone.  To enter you must write at least a paragraph about something that you are thankful for in your life.  You can tell a little story or you can write a poem.  Just convey your message of thanks.  You can only enter once.

Prize:  200 JSP forum gold

Contest will run through Sunday, November 25, 2018 when I will announce the winner.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Purplez(OD) said:

This time of year, we start to think about all the things we are thankful for in our lives.  This is a clan wide contest available to anyone.  To enter you must write at least a paragraph about something that you are thankful for in your life.  You can tell a little story or you can write a poem.  Just convey your message of thanks.  You can only enter once.

Prize:  200 JSP forum gold

Contest will run through Sunday, November 25, 2018 when I will announce the winner.

Are there prizes outside of JSP for everyone else who does not play diablo2 (I have never seen another division other than yall use JSP, so curious how this will work clanwide outside of D2).

It is a time to be thankful. For starters, I was born on Thanksgiving day back in 1987. That means I’ll be 31 on Sunday 🙁. As far as giving thanks, I’m thankful my dad decided to join the Air Force and his first assignment was over in England where he met my mother. Thanks to that, I get to enjoy some of the finest British cooking every thanksgiving day, and she has passed some pretty amazing recipes over to me. I’m thankful to have a great group of friends and a very loving wife who puts up me with me through thick and thin, as I know it isn’t always easy. I’m thankful I’m gunna pass Skribbzz on the ladder here shortly 🤣🤣. Thankful to be in a position to help people in this clan and thankful to have a community that kicks ass in game that has been going nearly 20 years strong now. I’m thankful to be in good health like a little 🎅  🧝‍♂️. I’m also thankful I’m alive and well to post in this topic. Let’s hear it from you all. Keep cool and stay classy y’all. Happy holidays

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

Are there prizes outside of JSP for everyone else who does not play diablo2 (I have never seen another division other than yall use JSP, so curious how this will work clanwide outside of D2).

JSP has alot of different games besides D2, however, if there is an item I can purchase on your current game, and you win, I'd consider that prize 🙂

RuneScape
Led by: Junior Moderator
RS Trading, Old School RS Trading, Clan Discussion Topics: 732,357
» Where Can I Farm
By Agathodaemon 1 minute ago
World of Warcraft
Trading - US Servers, Trading - Europe Servers Topics: 249,688
» Tokens/ Gold/ Pets/ Mounts
By Sgtpeppers 13 minutes ago
Path of Exile Softcore Trading, Hardcore Trading, Softcore Delve Trading, Hardcore Delve Trading, Race Event Trading, Xbox - PoE Trading, Strategy & Guides Topics: 781,395
» Wts Clean Legacy Kaom's Heart.
By Lamperouge 8 minutes ago
Guild Wars 1 & 2
GW2 Trading, GW Trading Topics: 76,399
» Wts Arms 50fg/ea
By CorbennDallass 9 minutes ago
League of Legends
  Topics: 210,901
» Just Coming Back After Years Of Not Playing
By ferf

9 minutes ago
Starcraft I & II
  Topics: 36,873
» Starcraft Broodwar Anyone Wanna
By GOSUJOHN

25 minutes ago
Dota 2
Led by: Trade Moderator
  Topics: 57,585
» 7.20 Out
By candybones 8 minutes ago
Steam   Topics: 8,364
» Harddrivekiller's Cad, Us, & Eu Game Shop
By Harddrivekiller

7 minutes ago
Xbox Consoles
  Topics: 36,008
» Need Clout
By xJLN

1 hour ago
Sony Game Systems   Topics: 18,762
» Platinum Club
By Vikesfansince2018 3 hours ago
Call of Duty Series
  Topics: 44,930
» 10's/customs
By tommyd323

7 hours ago
Counter-Strike   Topics: 64,663
» Selling Full Inventory Only
By napsterz0r

19 minutes ago
Other Games Age of Conan, Aion, ArcheAge, Atlantica Online, Black Desert, Blade & Soul, Borderlands Series, Cabal Online, Conquer Online, Dekaron, DOFUS, Dragon Nest, Dungeon Defenders, Dungeon Fighter Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Elder Scrolls Series, Eve Online, Everquest Series, FlyFF, Fortnite, Gunbound, H1Z1, Habbo, Hearthstone, Halo Series, Heroes of Newerth, Heroes of the Storm, Infestation: The New Z, Knight Online, Last Chaos, Lord of the Rings Online, Magic: The Gathering, Maplestory 1 & 2, Marvel Heroes, Minecraft, Neopets, Neverwinter, Overwatch, Pendoria, Perfect World, Pokemon, PUBG, Ragnarok Online, Rappelz, Realm of the Mad God, Relics of Avabur, Requiem, Rift, Rocket League, Runes of Magic, Silkroad Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Team Fortress 2, Tera, Tibia, Torchlight 1 & 2, Vindictus, Warframe, Wildstar, Nintendo, Warcraft 3, Gears of War Series, Battlefield Series, Final Fantasy Series, Role Playing Game - General, MMORPG - General, Mobile Games - General
Edited by Purplez(OD)

Im just thankful I woke up today like every day stay blessed 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Not sure why But i suppose i am in the feels this morning... I am thankful for being alive and waking up each morning my life these past few years have been a battle. My grandmother is still currently in the hospital battling Leukemia she gets blood everyday hence she can't leave. I on the other hand...can leave. I thank each and everyday I am alive. And i thank my family for being there for me with my struggles. And all the issues that i have with my health. I know its hard..but my small family sticks by my side. And i'm grateful each and everyday for being alive and being able to make new memories. I never thought i would be alive. I believed a death sentence was handled to me. And i'm grateful to still be alive and able to game when i can still work. and just be here for my friends and family. Life is short..so live life everyday like its your last. Cherish those that are close to you. Never say goodbye!! See you!! Because i will see you all later..:) Stay blessed. 

Edited by Goten(OD)
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Sassy said:

Im just thankful I woke up today like every day stay blessed 

God bless ya Sassy

• Like 1

I am thankful for my second wife , our little dog, our health and our faith that assures us we will see all that has faded once more.

I am thankful for the stock market climb. (I have Spiders <not eight legged> )

I am thankful for the Trump tax cuts (I love money and almost wasted some recently).

I am thankful for the senate approval of Justice Neil Gorsech and Justice Brett Kavanaugh. In the era of " any accusation equals guilt" , "no due process"  and "guilty until proven innocent" I am heartened to see the principals of due process, accusation does not equal guilt and innocent until proven guilty still means something somewhere in 2018. The debate for their confirmation was open , transparent, observable and not debated in secret. (at least for now, check back in a year, the snowflakes are coming together in a storm).

The only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Edited by GhostDog(OD)
  • Laugh 1

17 months of Well I guess Being Off the drugs and alcohol I cant say I dont miss a big dirty old line from time to time but Now I have control over said addictions and Know when my limit is and my limit is not drinking, Stick to the drugs and im fine cant safely drink but my fuck can I do drugs like a rockstar and still work like a man the next day ( i dont advocate this for anyone but hell its worked for me )

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/21/2018 at 12:47 AM, Next(OD) said:

God bless ya Sassy

Back at ya my fello half Brit 💙💙

On 11/21/2018 at 10:32 AM, TypeReaL(OD) said:

17 months of Well I guess Being Off the drugs and alcohol I cant say I dont miss a big dirty old line from time to time but Now I have control over said addictions and Know when my limit is and my limit is not drinking, Stick to the drugs and im fine cant safely drink but my fuck can I do drugs like a rockstar and still work like a man the next day ( i dont advocate this for anyone but hell its worked for me )

Thank you all who participated.  You are all winners in my book.  Typereal's post really touched me though.  I've quite a few members in my family and friends who struggle with the same issues.  I say bravo to you TypeReal!  Keep it up.  Sending the 200 fg now.

I shall spend it frivolously 😄

• Laugh 1

im thankful for the few good friends i do have..im thankful still having my mom around..shes been fighting canser for 2 years now..she beat it once and it came back again..shes a fighter and is doing really good.just to still have her around each day i wake up is thanks enough

p.s i was goin this weekend n still wanted to join

Edited by bsmokin420(OD)

5 hours ago, bsmokin420(OD) said:

im thankful for the few good friends i do have..im thankful still having my mom around..shes been fighting canser for 2 years now..she beat it once and it came back again..shes a fighter and is doing really good.just to still have her around each day i wake up is thanks enough

That is something to be very, very thankful for, cancer is such a horrible disease.  Give your mom a big hug from me and tell her to keep fighting.  I wish I still could hug my husband so don't miss any opportunity to hug your loved ones!

6 hours ago, bsmokin420(OD) said:

My first wife died from cancer, four weeks in the hospital in 2001. The doctors lied to me and paid a huge price for their lies (personally, financially and criminally). One of the doctors died while awaiting sentencing , after my attorney tore them to shreds <several were made to regret their lies> (it is always better to not lie, if they had told me there was little or no hope I could have adjusted attitudes, finances, etc., instead she died in fear and pain. )  The price they paid in no way mitigates my loss. Hopefully karma will find them.

Make sure your mother has gotten more than one opinion, my opinion of most doctors is poor, it is rare to find doctors that have the original notion of being a healer instead of a profitable profession. The greed and condescension of the profession is almost total.

I am so glad you appreciate the time you have with your mother, I wish I knew at the time how little I had left with Sarah, but was lied to (I was stupid when younger and did not have your wisdom to appreciate what I had. ). I wish you had entered this contest earlier, you would have won in my opinion (biased as it is.). I congratulate you on your wisdom and perception, most do not realize a good until it is gone and it burns even more when it is unjustly taken from them.  You appreciate all your loved one does for you, make sure you tell her this. Every day. I hope you have much time to do so, but seriously, there is never enough time to do all we wish to do. Cancer is one of the reasons I cannot beleive in a good Christian g*d. if g*d is the parent, why do this to your children ?

I recommend "Why Bad Things Happen To Good People." The book helped me accept that there is no justice, only events. I hope you are one of the lucky ones, I was not.

My prayers and good wishes for you and your mother (and all effected by this scourge), medical technology has improved since 2001 and I look forward to reading that you mother is cancer free soon.

Edited by GhostDog(OD)
  • Like 2