Trysts(OD)

HUGE Paycuts At Blizzard & Founder GOES OFF On Hostile Takeover!

It appears there's a lot more going on behind the scenes at Blizzard/Activision than we fans may be aware of, and kind of shines a bit of light on recent debacles such as the Diablo Immortal announcement. 3 of 5 top level Blizzard executives have been shown the door after massive pay cuts to lower level blizzard employees. Appears this merger has infected Blizzard from within and we're now seeing the implosion begin to rear it's head. Here's a clip I found online with a bit more info about this exodus of Blizzard founders and top executives in lieu of corporate greed and shareholders.. Could we be witnessing the end of an era? Our beloved brand forever tarnished and tainted by corporate shills? Too soon to say, but the signs are very alarming, and the future of Blizzard as we all knew and loved it may be in doubt.. judge for yourselves.. link below. 

With their stock plummeting by around $30 immediately following the release of the mobile game initiative they announced at blizzcon, you kinda have to expect that there is going to be some heads rolling, either voluntarily or forcibly...lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

With their stock plummeting by around $30 immediately following the release of the mobile game initiative they announced at blizzcon, you kinda have to expect that there is going to be some heads rolling, either voluntarily or forcibly...lol 

When the Resident numbers guy says your Fucked your really fucked, Its a shame most of blizzards core have left and are still doing bright things I just cant take blizz serious at this point like activision has always been known for shady stuff not as bad as ea but damn. It was like blizzard called up EA and said pfft you guys think you can fuck up a game just watch the pros outsourcing to korean companies know for using pay to win software and saying thats the best effort it is all lacking upto the point of almost no return I swear to god Kathleen Kennedy is behind this first my favorite fucking movie series is utterly raped now the company that gave me the best experiences and escapes from the horrors of teenage life to helping me overcome cocaine and alcohol is doing the same stuff to the beloved franchises I hold dear this is where I draw my line in the sand

<insert sad music on violin played by @Aerineth(OD))

hopes he can play violin or we both look dumb

Edited by TypeReaL(OD)
  • Like 1

Pretty serious implications, but we need a lot more info than just an angry guy ranting on a stream to be able to know for sure.

3 hours ago, Terra said:

Pretty serious implications, but we need a lot more info than just an angry guy ranting on a stream to be able to know for sure.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/3/17934432/mike-morhaime-blizzard-president-resigns

https://kotaku.com/chris-metzen-on-leaving-blizzard-i-started-having-pani-1789047653

When 2 of the biggest parts of the company jump off the boat things were bleak before blizzcon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terra said:

Staking his reputation for a few weeks, or mere days in publicity if proven wrong I highly doubt is something he'd like to add to his google profile if he actually intends to maintain his company and successfully produce products of content gamer's will buy later. Your not wrong however... But all evidence with which the public has had for 3 years does if anything point to this, rather then it not right? I'd be stretching to name one thing that got better, besides getting CoD4 and Destiny 2 in the battle.net app launcher, and free Destiny 2 like D3. At least with Destiny 2 we didn't need a 1 year wow subscription to obtain it. 😛

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 4:51 PM, Terra said:

Granted, but they're a public company. Anyone can look at what they've done since this merger and see that it points to downward spiral. This was just icing on the cake. More of a confirmation than a validation. Whichever side of the coin you fall on, it doesn't look promising.

Edited by Trysts(OD)