Canadier(OD)

Diablo Immortal Announcement

So Diablo used there opening ceremony at Blizzcon to reveal their newest Diablo game, Diablo Immortal. Aside from the nice cinematic, the gameplay and atmosphere seem very similar to Diablo 3, and it is a mobile game. It seems people were extremely disappointed. I sure am at the moment. Hopefully they have some kind of news as to what the main Diablo team has been working on.

What are you opinions on this?

Edited by Canadier(OD)
added another link
  • Like 1

I watched that today whist in restaurant waiting for overwatch to start looks ok 

Really does look like d3 though 

• Like 2

This is actually very disappointing.  I expected something... more. 

• Like 1

I was hoping for another game - I really enjoy D3, but a mobile game.. really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

I was hoping for another game - I really enjoy D3, but a mobile game.. really.

More people play mobile games in America then vote.

If you all didn't know, we're in the minority of many people gaming with one another. When I was a kid, 15 years back my friends would ask me why I spend time on my computer with people like you all out there. You know, people I may not have met, or seen in person. Today I find I can sit in a room with ten 30 year olds, and they use the phone in their hands to talk between just 2 people in the same room. Or play solo(mostly) mobile games. Or find somewhere down the street they could end up for the night. Shits ass backwards out here, and they obviously need more money before they could ever give us another D3 expansion, or D4.

3 hours ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

This is actually very disappointing.  I expected something... more. 

This..

how hard is it for D2 remastered???

55 minutes ago, Townkill(OD) said:

If you all didn't know, we're in the minority of many people gaming with one another.

This isn't exactly wrong, but it's not entirely accurate either. The way you phrase it makes it sound like the number of PC and Console gamers is diminishing, but that's not actually the case. On the contrary it's actually growing over the years. But the mobile industry has virtually exploded over the past decade and has captivated the remaining percentage of the population that wasn't PC/Console gamers, and that accounts for a lot of people.

Right now if you include both mobile, console, and computer gamers then the demographic with the greatest number of gamers is women in their 40's, most of which are the stay-at-home moms who end up with a lot of excess time, and games like Candy Crush happen to be easy ways to pass that time. For the working person mobile games tend to be much more accommodating for a demanding lifestyle as well. So in comparison to the mobile game market, yes we are the minority, but only because the mobile game market is stupidly huge. But the venue for more hardcore gamers is still as strong as ever, and hanging out with people in large gamer groups isn't at all unusual. If it was, Blizzard wouldn't still be the mega-corporation that it is, because for the most part they largely stayed out of the mobile game market. (WoW is kinda still absurdly successful with over 5 million subscriptions.)

It isn't actually surprising to see Blizzard making a stronger step into the mobile market, it's actually more surprising that they waited this long. But what *is* pretty odd is their decision to make Diablo their choice for the mobile game. Diablo has always been targeted towards ages 14 - 28 hardcore gamer demographic, the kind of people who *are* computer/console gamers, not mobile gamers, and most of their Diablo playerbase are probably reacting exactly the way you guys are here.

I have a hunch, though. I think Blizzard realized that a lot of their Diablo fanbase are players from the Diablo 2 generation, some of which migrated to D3 and some of which still continued to play on D2. These are dedicated oldschool gamers who are holding onto the game because it played a classic role in their teen years. But Blizzard needs new gamers, not just oldschool fans. So releasing Diablo as a mobile game is an attempt on their part to try and capture the interests of some of the newer generations of gamers into the Diablo franchise. While the oldschool gamers are sighing and disappointed about it, the next gen gamers play the mobile game and get hooked on it. Mobile games are cheap and easy to make, so it's a perfect way to draw attention to the Diablo franchise.

Then, you release Diablo 4, the one they really sunk their money into and which development for has probably already been started. Presumably the oldschool gamers will love D4 because it is the next step in the evolution of the game they love. But at the same time, the new-gen gamers who liked the mobile game will be drawn to D4 as well. Old-gen, new-gen, you get the best of both worlds, and more to the point, the money of both.

I think that's their game plan.

1 hour ago, snicker66(OD) said:

This..

Actually, from my rudimentary understanding, very.

52 minutes ago, Terra said:

This isn't exactly wrong, but it's not entirely accurate either.

I think that's their game plan.

That was my plan. :) And if that's their game plan, D4 couldn't be much worse then the game they offered for Free with a 1 year subscription to WoW, could it? 😨

The explosion of computer games is decreasing the amount of time that people interact in real life. People get nervous when they cannot find their phones , and face book, snapchat, etcetera cause discontent in a large swatch of the population. (look at the images on their page, there life must rock compared to mine is a frequent lament. )

I am disappointed by the blizzard team, but I understand the economics of this. A rip off of a rip off that can be sold through steam or online is much more profitable than a non derivative, well balanced board game (how I miss squad leader and I am an excellent chess player <but my computer now regularly crushes me . > )

Economics will drive the talented towards what is profitable, and this seems to be fast made, mediocre games, while truly excellent products may last a long time but may no longer be profitable (predictions when the diablo 2 servers shut down, it is ineveitable. )

Economics will always drive any business, they have stock holders to answer to.

Any business that doesn't put money first will lose to any business that does.

I just hope that they put effort into this game because it could be the end of the diablo universe if the game sucks.

If we ever wanted a future Diablo 4 we need to *hope* that blizzard actually tries on this game and makes it good

On 11/3/2018 at 2:55 AM, snicker66(OD) said:

This..

firstly ill address this one the game wasnt designed for wide screen, there for the triggers that make mobs and monsters attack are not triggered there for you would not get a replica more a new age verison with the classic elements that made it diablo missing check the david brevik interview

2nd off 5 years after the world stone puts this game 15 years prior to diablo3, If I remember correctly it took Tyrael 20 of our mortal years to gain his form back check act2 I do believe, 3rd off you all know how much I love d3 hell me hari and PJ loved it enough to bring it back but the lack of support since the necromancer launched a long with a linear gameplay and lack of giving a fuck from the parent company ( remember activision just threw a huge wrench into fortnite and pubg with blackout which is actually crushing it for fun 1000% funner than fortnite and pubg) but Ive seen it since they pushed the necromancer and then took 8 months or so to finally get it into the game where anyone who preordered got it in beta and by the time it was live it wasnt fun

Ive been dying for Diablo4 really truly have, My heart will always lead me to love the game but my brain knows when its time to stop beating a dead horse RIP Diablo December 31, 1996 - November 2018 cause of death made into a mobile game

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, TypeReaL(OD) said:

Ive been dying for Diablo4 really truly have, My heart will always lead me to love the game but my brain knows when its time to stop beating a dead horse RIP Diablo December 31, 1996 - November 2018 cause of death made into a mobile game

This was exactly what I read when I opened this topic. QQ 😞 

16 minutes ago, Townkill(OD) said:

This was exactly what I read when I opened this topic. QQ 😞 

At least the toxic cod community tells me to go fuck myself on a daily basis hahaha thats love Tonight live I will burn my entirety of blizzard games 😄 heads to the diablo forums at blizzard

EDIT look at the stock prices theyve dropped 7% since they announced the news your supposed to build stock after a announcement not lose it dropped 7% so far

Edited by TypeReaL(OD)