Sign in to follow this  
Purplez(OD)

Can't sleep, what do you do?

It's 2 a.m., can't sleep, *whiney voice* ... been sick off and on all weekend, touch of food poisoning ... don't feel like gaming ... so here I am posting LMAO  So let's hear your suggestions or tell me something funny?

nah takes some Benadril ( the pills ) even if you dont have allergies symptoms  you'll fall asleep under 1 hour

Get well soon 

nice cuppa tea and a fag that normally sorts me out  

• Like 1

CBD , helps with pain insomnia make sure its an indica not a sativa or itll light you up hahah

Edit : I have 99 problems cbd solved about 87 of them

Edited by TypeReaL(OD)

HOT HOT bath and Incense.....what i do 

Thanks for all the suggestions lol  I actually did quite a few of them.  The hot bath, sorta took nyquill in some old prescription cough syrup, and sorry Julie, drank a DP instead of the hot tea.  Feeling better today that's for sure!

• Like 1

Humm nyquilll can be purchaced without prescription as i know lol you shouldn't take old things it can contain bacteria stuck in the syrup and get you sick again or worst.

purerelief.com cbd company outta NC they ship world wide 😄

• Like 1

Read.

• Like 1

This is going to sound like a very "me" thing to do, but sometimes when I'm in a state where I'm too fatigued to do anything requiring effort but not exhausted enough to actually sleep, I go back and read some of the distant topics on the forum here that members made in the past long before my time.

The forums are kind of unique in the sense that they can really capture the atmosphere of the time. In particularly dramatic or problematic topics you can really get a sense of people's emotional states over a situation, their thoughts about the problem, the kind of person they were and what they think should be done. These thoughts and feelings are preserved perfectly in a suspension of time, conveyed as clearly now as the day they were made, no different from the posts you read in this topic here. And those collective thoughts and feelings build an atmosphere that you can feel, letting you feel what the members of the time must have felt, getting a small sense of what it must have been like going through what they went through.

It is a little easier to come across these topics on the Officer's or General's board, where problems tended to be more directly addressed, although General Clan Discussion and the Water Cooler have had their glaring topics of turbulence as well on occasion. But in a way we are lucky to be in a Clan whose legacy extends as far back as OD. An entire history is perfectly preserved in these forums, generations of different people and different cultures of the Clan, the events and obstacles that quite literally defined the greater expanse of their teen years. It can be an interesting experience to immerse yourself in sometimes.

That, or you could just search for "BigBaller(OD) disabled" in the website logs and read up on all the ridiculous reasons he put for disabling people back in his day. That's always good for some laughs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Townkill(OD) said:

Read.

Lots of helpful solutions here.  I do read ... about 3-4 books a week.  One of my favorite pasttimes along with gaming.  And, Terra, I do read old forum posts which is why that night I couldn't get to sleep I was looking at the main webpage clan history. It's very surprising the things you read on both the main page and the website.  Oh and gamergirl, I always check the expiration date on medication.  Thanks everybody for your responses.

I watch YouTube until I fall asleep. I cant just lay without something to keep my mind busy. I get really...not okay if I'm alone with my thoughts and dont have something to constantly distract me til I just pass out from exhaustion. MTG is a real slow game so it's pretty good at putting me to sleep.

5 finger shuffle

• Like 1