PoPs(OD)

[RESOLVED]Ghostdog(OD) promo

@GhostDog(OD)   Let me start off by saying congratz on your promo.This entire episode should have been handled better. Sassy and I take some responsibility  on this. One of our jobs here is the smooth operation of the ODD2 division and we feel we may have failed in this matter. We made a decision that was not popular with everyone within our division. While we still maintain that you have some work to do in order to progress in rank, we both realize the fact that our -10 neg votes was too excessive and harsh. For that we are sorry. That being said. sassy and I both have removed our -10 votes because it is true that the work you do for our division has met the WO5 requirements. As i said in our talks, you do matter and have contributed to our clan and I'd like to see this go on. Keep up the good work and I hope to game and work with you here in D2.     ~~~~~PoPs. Sassy   

OH and please try to remember that others that neg voted did so to express their views only and to hopefully give ideas on how to become better, not as a form of punishment

• Like 1

@GhostDog(OD) I apologize if this did cause upset to your self I did ask pops to post our apologies as I could not get to my phone being at the hospital with my daughter hope you accept our apologies it was not in malice hope we can get together one morning on ts speak about this sas 

Edited by Sassy

I cannot get on to the game or team speak now (at night is regular time, I despise the bright yellow thing in the sky), but moderators please delete this thread. I do not like anyone losing face (this is abhorrent to me). NO NEED for anyone losing face publicly, I don't want that, I don't believe in that (it is cruel and the actions of an enemy), when I say I am OK with someone I mean it. I want to be OK with all and appreciate those who lobbied on my behalf and those who voted against me I will meditate on their stated reason and try to do better.

I still intent to upvote any evaluations for either of you (you both do a lot) and will lobby others to do so.

But I will no longer remain silent and refuse to vote on someone when I think they are a bad influence or person, even God exiled Lucifer his most beloved for betrayal (I am not as wise or merciful as God so find it much harder to judge). One of the primary requirements (I am sure this was assumed to be manifestly assumed it was never stated) for a promotion should be "Don't show ill manners and don't cause others to lose face" , that this has to be stated in today's world is sad.

Note by negative voting the damage has been done, there are some that will follow (some are sincere but now it will be hard for me to judge) (example Ray voted almost identically to sassy, if she is withdrawing is he ? She agreed with his opinion saying it "hit the nail on the head" ) 

I will NEVER speak on this again, public shaming is an abhorrent loss of face.

One last thing to sassy , sincere and  earnest prayers for your health and the health of your daughter and a quick recovery, there is game drama  (sickening) but I would never wish any injury or disease or infirmity of any type on you and your family.

Edited by GhostDog(OD)
OCD, spelling , best wishes and prayers

7 minutes ago, GhostDog(OD) said:

(example Ray voted almost identically to sassy, if she is withdrawing is he ? She agreed with his opinion saying it "hit the nail on the head" ) 

I actually voted before Sassy did. It was too late to reconsider since you already passed. 

Last thought: I screenshotted all comments, personal messages , votes positive and negative so I might learn from this experience and not forget what was said by anyone  (how horrible to misremember anything, "The doom of man is that he forgets. " ). I save ALL communication by me or to me so I cannot misremember (nor could others).

My many thanks to those who supported and to those who did not I will meditate on your stated reasons.

As Beer(OD) reminded me, karma indeed does eventually matter ,  (karma means put out good and good will return, put out ill and it will return for those unfamiliar <my wise sensei taught me this <<he was master Rocko , but no one laughed at the name>> He also stated never step on a snake unless you are sure it is dead. I will watch my step and advise others to do this prudent philosophy).

There is a little darkness in all light and a little light in all darkness.

GhostDog

How about we cut all the drama, people have even gone so far as to post public apologies to you, yet the post you make says to forget it with a veiled threat in the mix. This stops now, the division you say you love is suffering and people are in different channels and separated instead of playing together over this entire situation.

I trust the judgement of the leaders of the division, they felt the promo was to soon, which imho was justified, you seem to have taken it to a whole different level of insult, lets take this to PM's and keep it off the forums to cut the drama and others choosing sides.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GhostDog(OD) said:

But I will no longer remain silent and refuse to vote on someone when I think they are a bad influence or person, even God exiled Lucifer his most beloved for betrayal

Funny fact, I was named after the movie the Omen. It's too bad my parents didn't read enough of the good book to know Damian from there. But your first statement in this sentence is essentially the message I tried to parlay to you last night. We have a very big misconception with the promotion system, in so much as it is usually only positive "promotions." We don't demote there. And the next promo within a week, used to be two can wipe away any misfortunes of the event. The promotion system, with the ability to negative vote, neutral or approve is essentially the equivalent of how we do Evaluations for generals. But they are once every 3 months. Last much longer. The game, the OverDosed game I spoke to of is not for all the feint of heart.

19 minutes ago, Triny(OD) said:

How about we cut all the drama, people have even gone so far as to post public apologies to you, yet the post you make says to forget it with a veiled threat in the mix. This stops now, the division you say you love is suffering and people are in different channels and separated instead of playing together over this entire situation.

I trust the judgement of the leaders of the division, they felt the promo was to soon, which imho was justified, you seem to have taken it to a whole different level of insult, lets take this to PM's and keep it off the forums to cut the drama and others choosing sides.

I agree. However, his actions to me(And mind you Ive given well into 30-40 points in two months into this man's promotions) has reminded me of why I have generals, and sometimes more then one in each division. In fact, I'm sorry dissipointed they did not stand by their decision. At the end of the day he needed another 10-15 points even with all the negs. It's hard to get anybody with "no vote power" to drop negs ever, as he clearly pointed to in his last post here. I also tried to explain to him to get this before officer, or mid officer ranks was a blessing in disguise. The truth of this matter will play out none the less. With or without participation, and no matter what anyone says. Actions, and the behaviors which drive the attitudes when actions are taken will be clear enough.

Good luck ahead, Ghostdog.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I will say this: the ones who are most deserving of an apology are those who've experienced verbal attacks as a result of the promotion. 

• Like 2

Hmm.. your cryptic and seemingly threatening posts are concerning for someone who has intentions to continue to move through ranks. Negative votes shouldn't be seen as humiliating or evil - they should be used to learn and grow from, so I'm failing to understand why you are taking it so harshly and lashing out at people who only want to see what more you can do before you're handed ranks with more power and responsibility. Based off of these recent dramatic and menacing posts.. and with some.. interesting choices of wording and comments on other people's promotions now - I truly hope that you aren't put up for officer anytime soon. Dividing a division and creating such a mess isn't helping - take their advice and learn from it. The leaders of Diablo 2 are only there to help you learn and grow. Sassy and Pops have been pillars of D2, they mean you no harm.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Yeah. Sassy used to think I was a total bitch, but I knew if I kept smiling I'd win her over eventually. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terra said:

Yeah. Sassy used to think I was a total bitch, but I knew if I kept smiling I'd win her over eventually. 😉

"I knew a man who once said, ‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’ "--Maximus, gladiator

Those that smile are not always happy.

1 hour ago, Terra said:

Oh yes ...  but come on terra you did come across that way but you know what you come good I like you a lot now 🤪

• Like 2

Oh yeah I am a total bitch, you weren't thinkin wrong. =P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@GhostDog(OD) I was one of the people who voted negatively on your promo, congrats that you have passed. i would like to say that honestly my neg vote was more of a constructive criticism, then a denial of your progression in rank up, the reason i voted negative is because i felt that you did not deserve warrant officer 5 at the current time, i could have voted a null vote, but i feel that the message would got across in the same manner, even though it really does not change anything from your prior rank from wo4 to wo5, i wanted you to take in the words, and the way i felt, and the way that you were coming across to other people. 

I would like to also point out, most of all the other neg votes, were a form of constructive criticism in the same manner, lets be honest, you are pushing up the ranks mega fast, and i think that you will eventually get to wherever you want to be at, but only if you can accept criticism and negativity from others and use that as a way to reflect, and a way to change and do better, that also comes with understanding you will never be able to impress everyone, please, or make everyone happy.

I do feel that the promotion should have stayed up and it should have not changed, because we learned from all the comments on the promotion, everything from which people really read the post, and how people react to constructive criticism, and how people react under situations they don't really know how to handle, and pulling / pushing this promotion did not change anything except making it not available for others to post their comments positive, or negative, or showing their true colors / reading the promotions or not.

I know to most of you i am new to this community as well i have been here under a year, but i will say that i am looking forward to receiving positive or negative feedback, that way i can understand what i did good on, and what i can fix in the future, as i have stated before honestly it don't matter to me if i excel in ranks, i have joined OD for the community interaction, to play games and have fun, and meet new people, so for me a rank up don't really matter to me, in other words it wont hold me back from what i like doing the most. but it will make me try and correct the things that people think i am doing wrong, if i am able to. like i said before you cannot please everyone.

Clearing up some questions, and Scrutiny,

Did i post my negative vote following a suit of votes? = NO

Am i influenced on other peoples votes? = NO

Do i voice my opinion based on my own feelings? = YES

Did i have a typeo in one of the sentences of my neg vote on GhostDog? = YES

Edited by ShortWlf(OD)
  • Like 3

i was told that i need to be more active in the Forum and in the Voting Process

did i neg vote you, YES

did i follow suit, NO

after i have read the comments made,

and i stand firm with my negative Vote

You can not handle Constructive Criticism  

• Like 2

I've spent several hours talking with everyone involved in this controversial situation both on TS, in private messages, in the D2 officer's thread, and individually.  Bottom line, Clan OD is based on respect.  No matter how much work you do for the Clan, unless you treat each other with respect, all the work you do is nullified.  This is supposed to be a fun filled community where people get to enjoy gaming with like minded individuals.  Are you going to personally like everyone?  No.  But our common goal should be the uniting factor.   I now understand that the enlisted members who negative voted saw and valued GhostDog's work on behalf of the Clan.  Their issues were strictly with his demeanor and attitude  toward them on TS.  From the comments by GhostDog on Chkwng's pending promotion we now see that GhostDog has experienced the same type of demeanor and attitude.  I wasn't present for any of these behaviors, I can only comment on what has been posted or told to me.  With a community of this size, conflicts are going to arise.

In reading conflict resolution solutions on the internet, this blurb seems totally appropriate in this situation.  

As members of a welcoming and inclusive community we all:

value diversity and recognise that different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge and culture and that this difference brings great strength;

treat each other with courtesy and respect, challenge inequalities, and anticipate and respond positively to different needs and circumstances;

respect the rights of individuals to hold different beliefs and views and to express them through appropriate contribution to discussion and academic debate;

respect confidentiality and only use information we have been given for the legitimate purposes for which it is provided;

communicate with each other in ways that are clear, relevant, respectful, accurate and timely, and exemplified by transparency and constructive dialogue.

• Like 1

That’s the point Scottie we should be able to vote how we see fit  and not feel we have to remove vote based on hurting feelings or feel pressured to remove it and not get a backlash for it go see those who neg you  and talk and learn from it .  and to be told some  members have lost all respect for you because the way they voted is crazy  

Edited by Sassy
  • Like 1

they fight for democracy then when it doesnt work for them they want communism !

• Like 2

I am one of the few who gave @GhostDog(OD) a negative vote. My vote worth was of -5. I gave a negative vote since I do not have the rank to remove promotions, which is what I personally would have done. I don't think Ghostdog has earned the MWO5 rank because I think he needs to get out of his comfort zone by stepping up, demonstrating leadership capabilities, and he also hasn't done anything that really stands out to me. The poor attitude he has exhibited due to the plethora of negative votes he received further reinforces my negative vote.

On a more positive note, none can take away the fact that Ghostdog does do good for division members; he runs, rushes, recruits, helps with transfers, and keeps track of inventory on the D2 clan mule. Even then, other members hosts runs, rush, recruit, and help with transfers. Keeping track of inventory isn't that significant to me. 

When I read the OP, I was quite disappointed to learn that @Sassy and @PoPs(OD) have decided to apologize to Ghostdog; this, to me, was an example of inconsistent decision making. Though, I think it's possible that they felt pressured into having to revoke their negative votes which allowed Ghostdog to pass his promotion. In my opinion, their decision to revoke their votes has only empowered the ignorance of those who didn't understand the reasons behind the negative votes that were given. Such people probably didn't read what the votes said, and instead were upset at the big red numbers like a group of brainless bulls getting teased by matadors. And, as contrary to popular belief, there was no "let's all neg vote Ghostdog bandwagon.

I don't want people to think they are not allowed to give negative votes, nor that they should quit voting altogether. Not everyone is going to agree with each other-it's the internet. I am not in OD to create nor encourage an environment full of rainbows and sunshine where you get a free cream-filled orange flavored Popsicle rammed up your arse. I mean honestly, I cannot tolerate people who start crying whenever they, or someone else they like receives constructive criticism simply because of the "oh-so scary" negative red number that's next to it. 

There have been a couple of instances in which I myself have been denied a promotion. I was a WO2 or WO3 and two people had put me up only to have those promos taken down by either Sassy or PoPs. You know what I did? Instead of becoming a crybaby and lashing out at anyone who said hi to me, I got my shit together, kept doing what I was doing and more. That proved to the division leaders that I'm Officer material. I hope that in the future, people can learn to analyze criticisms about themselves which will allow them to improve upon their performance as opposed to being offended. 

If I receive negatives that offer constructive criticism on my future promotions, then I'll gladly read them and do my best to adapt.

Phew. 

Edited by Ray(OD)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Plus we have a ton more to be concerned about like Kathleen kennedy still being in charge at lucas film after the shit show that was Solo and TLJ

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Neg votes has always been a touchy subject for many. I was off last night so I am chiming in late. However I don't think a public apology is necessary but the fact that Sass and Pops took the time to both explain their views publicly and also apologize speaks volumes to the leaders they aim to be. I am not always a fan of changing my opinion or vote but in some cases it doesn't hurt. However now that 100% of the clan is aware of a silly mishap on a promotion can we move forward with smiles... Only @Terra  wears pink on Wednesdays so pull your ish together people! 🙂 I think @Triny(OD) spoke very wise words and I couldn't have put it better myself. Also for people only wanting to leave constructive criticism and "weren't" trying to stop a promotion there is a reason you can neutral vote this is precisely the reason for a neutral vote. So if you have any questions about anything ever refer to this topic Here It goes through pretty much everything in the clan from promotions to voting to rank expectations and what not. Its basically the OD Bible if you will. 

Happy gaming

• Like 1