PoPs(OD)

[RESOLVED]Ghostdog(OD) promo

2 hours ago, TypeReaL(OD) said:

Fact @Aerineth(OD) dropped -25 on me once Fact I passed without making a situation out of it, Blowin out of proportion seemed to happen and it wasnt even a tier changing rank Lets just sweep this under the rug with the rest of my bad ideas

It was only - 20. I can't go any higher. I would have if I could've. 

1 hour ago, Ray(OD) said:

I gave a negative vote since I do not have the rank to remove promotions, which is what I personally would have done.

This needs to be addressed, because that is not the purpose of the ability to remove a promotion. Just because someone puts someone up for a promotion that you don't agree with doesn't give you the right to just remove it. For all intents and purposes, this promotion is exactly how it's supposed to work. You don't think they're ready because of their ability to be promoted, then you neg them. You think they do deserve it after the contribution they've provided? Positive. You just have an opinion that you want to share? Null your vote so it's just a +0. Giving one person the ability to remove a promotion because they don't like removes the ability for the community to have a voice. And that's just not going to happen. Your negative vote is the proper course of action for this promotion, not a removal of the promotion.

1 hour ago, Ray(OD) said:

You know what I did? Instead of becoming a crybaby and lashing out at anyone who said hi to me, I got my shit together, kept doing what I was doing and more.

Don't take a condescending tone towards someone. Name calling, even by insinuation, only makes a situation worse and is far from necessary, in any situation, let alone this one.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

This needs to be addressed, because that is not the purpose of the ability to remove a promotion. Just because someone puts someone up for a promotion that you don't agree with doesn't give you the right to just remove it. For all intents and purposes, this promotion is exactly how it's supposed to work. You don't think they're ready because of their ability to be promoted, then you neg them. You think they do deserve it after the contribution they've provided? Positive. You just have an opinion that you want to share? Null your vote so it's just a +0. Giving one person the ability to remove a promotion because they don't like removes the ability for the community to have a voice. And that's just not going to happen. Your negative vote is the proper course of action for this promotion, not a removal of the promotion.

Fair point. Either way I didn't think he was ready.

22 minutes ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

Don't take a condescending tone towards someone. Name calling, even by insinuation, only makes a situation worse and is far from necessary, in any situation, let alone this one.

In any situation, Aerineth, if I think someone's acting a certain a way that I think should be mentioned, I will call out on them. If I do recall correctly, OD's motto is respect is earned, not given.  Ghostdog's earned my respect, but he may have lost it...

Edited by Ray(OD)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

Only @Terra  wears pink on Wednesdays so pull your ish together people!

large.jpg

(I couldn't actually find a mean girl in pink.)

• Like 2

I don't think people should be forced to alter their votes because someone had a fit on forums.. it is mildly frustrating that this appears to be being brushed over and requested to be moved on from by people of higher rank.

The entire negative view of negative votes is ridiculous. I've had people come and "talk" to me, aka try to tell me all these great things they do that aren't portrayed in OD, because I neg voted someone.. use it as a learning experience. Don't delete your votes if you feel they are valid because someone is upset about it - use your vote power to share exactly why you've done it and what you'd like to see from them.

The D2 members did nothing wrong and it's sad to see things altered because of an altercation on forums.. Especially when these higher WO ranks are the ranks where you prove you are officer material. I may be a hypocrite with my outspoken words as of late - but I truly hope you aren't going for officer currently, and I hope that this topic is taken seriously instead of another attempt to brush over important issues and "move on."

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Please can we drop all this now we all said our bit this has really upset me over pass 2 days having to read shit said to me over my  neg vote in pm’s .  And my revoke vote   I should never have taken down in the first place should stuck to my guns  and having to apologize to members because I felt let them down by removing my neg vote .. what’s done is done move on please lesson learnt here moveeeee on now 

Edited by Sassy

1 hour ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

I don't think people should be forced to alter their votes because someone had a fit on forums.. it is mildly frustrating that this appears to be being brushed over and requested to be moved on from by people of higher rank.

The entire negative view of negative votes is ridiculous. I've had people come and "talk" to me, aka try to tell me all these great things they do that aren't portrayed in OD, because I neg voted someone.. use it as a learning experience. Don't delete your votes if you feel they are valid because someone is upset about it - use your vote power to share exactly why you've done it and what you'd like to see from them.

The D2 members did nothing wrong and it's sad to see things altered because of an altercation on forums.. Especially when these higher WO ranks are the ranks where you prove you are officer material. I may be a hypocrite with my outspoken words as of late - but I truly hope you aren't going for officer currently, and I hope that this topic is taken seriously instead of another attempt to brush over important issues and "move on."

The decision to neg vote was theirs to make, as was their decision to remove it. For better or for worse what's done is done, in the case of this promotion due process has run its course and has its result, and like it or not we must accept that result.

The view on negative votes is indeed an ongoing issue, and one we will continue to work towards bringing objectivity to as best we can. And considering how well humans on average handle criticism and tend to take things personally, it'll probably be something we'll always have to continue working on. But that's part of the learning process of being a human being, and for those that eventually manage to understand they will forever become better and more mature people for it. Thus is how OD helps people to grow. Those who neg vote for honest reasons will often have to endure the heat, such is the price we pay for integrity. All actions have consequences, even the right actions. Sometimes especially the right actions.

9 minutes ago, Sassy said:

Please can we drop all this now we all said our bit this has really upset me over pass 2 days having to read shit said to me over my vote in pm’s .  which I should never have taken down in the first place should stuck to my guns what’s done is done move on please 

I know it's been a stressful ordeal but if people have questions or concerns it's better to answer them now and do our best to put those concerns to rest. It will help to re-stabilize things, whereas otherwise if people are left feeling dissatisfied or malcontent then it will just develop into further unrest. We aren't trying to punish you by talking about it further, we just need to make sure everyone understands what happened and why, so that we can all be back on the same page as a single unified community again rather than pockets of groups angry at each other.

• Like 1

I fully get we need to post our views and express our  concerns and advise .. I doubt a few will agree with anything that been spoken about over the  pass 2 days and won’t accept anything said but that’s there fault not ours I guess some or if not all should use this as an experience of hurdles we may even come across in real life ... well I’m going to have cuddles with my grand babies phone going off lol dont want it blowing up all night 😋😋

Edited by Sassy

There are two corrections I’d like to make about this situation. 

1) All SS or higher can nominate a CWO4. 

2) You cannot negative vote someone for not having enough time at a rank. The console does this automatically. 

If there is nothing new to add, I will be closing this thread as there are many tangents and folks piling on. Everyone had the opportunity to voice their opinion in the promotion. 

That being said, there was some great advice in this thread. Please use it. 

• Like 1

This topic is now marked as resolved. If you feel your problem/situation was not fixed please get in contact with Administration.