Mono(OD)

BDO New player Competition

from now until 10-17-18 there is an event running giving new players a chance to play the 7 day trial and reap the benefits of the full game if you can level up to 56 and complete your awakening quest this is easy to accomplish just give it a go! we are looking to grow into BDO as current attempts have no succeeded we shall push harder this time!

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1888

The Challenge is for the division itself to be big enough to actually pick up the title of being a division.

Edited by Mono(OD)
  • Like 2

Awesome Mono.  Hope you get a lot of people!

With the help of a few people power-leveling me, a complete newbie to the game, I was able to get to 56 in only 3 days, making the game free for me! A Shout-out and big thanks to  @Terra, @Aerineth(OD), and even @Bahafresh(OD) for all the help! 

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

3 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

With the help of a few people power-leveling me, a complete newbie to the game, I was able to get to 56 in only 3 days, making the game free for me! A Shout-out and big thanks to  @Terra, @Aerineth(OD), and even @Bahafresh(OD) for all the help! 

I made a new account lastnight and im going to see how fast i can get it to around 450 gearscore.. that way im up to date on the new ways of gearing up and leveling that weren't around when i last tried. Once i hit 56 and do awakening i will be joining the guild on my new account and running it that way.

• Like 1

I also just started a new toon last night, decided to try a different class now that I can take my time to really learn it and get used to the abilities... Made it to lvl 24-ish (I think) with @Gino(OD), that also started one from scratch with me last night!

2 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

I also just started a new toon last night, decided to try a different class now that I can take my time to really learn it and get used to the abilities... Made it to lvl 24-ish (I think) with @Gino(OD), that also started one from scratch with me last night!

Mine is a whole new account 😄 no more pets to loot for me or nothing haha completely from scratch 😞 

• Like 1

I want to like this game so badly but... I can't. Am I missing something? It's beautiful as far as style and environments goes. The combat animations and effects are cool. The control scheme is terrible but that's OK I've played games with poor key binding systems. That being said... am I missing something or is the PvE / leveling system wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too easy. Like, they might as well start me at level cap I think? I've played for a total of like 20 minutes and am almost level 20. What gives? Why does every area seem to have tons of mobs that all die in 1 hit no matter what skill I use? Is it supposed to be like that?

37 minutes ago, Collin(OD) said:

I want to like this game so badly but... I can't. Am I missing something? It's beautiful as far as style and environments goes. The combat animations and effects are cool. The control scheme is terrible but that's OK I've played games with poor key binding systems. That being said... am I missing something or is the PvE / leveling system wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too easy. Like, they might as well start me at level cap I think? I've played for a total of like 20 minutes and am almost level 20. What gives? Why does every area seem to have tons of mobs that all die in 1 hit no matter what skill I use? Is it supposed to be like that?

As you begin to progress, it will begin to take more and more enemies to level you up, eventually to the point that after spending 30 minutes just jumping from mob to mob, with someone helping, you will only gain .5% of a level... They make it easier in the beginning to hook you in, learn the class, etc. By the way, If mobs are dying in 1 hit, you are either over-leveled or over-geared for the area, and need to move to the next higher area my friend... From what I gather, ideally you should be up against red enemies to level up, because you get reduced xp from purple (harder) or white (easy) name tagged mobs-learned that by being power leveled over the past 3 days... 🙂

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

1 hour ago, Collin(OD) said:

haha lets put it this way BDO has no level cap... Just a soft cap. But beyond that point its a grind and a half. This being a Korean MMO i think you judged the leveling system way to soon.

3 hours ago, Collin(OD) said:

Grinding does get more difficult and level definitely slows down later on.  The amount of exp needed to level follows a pretty extreme exponential curve past 55.  lvl55-56 takes as much exp as it did to go from lvl1-55.  From there it doubles every level until 60.  From there it increases 5x every level until 69 and from there it increases 20x every level.  Basically, grinding optimally 24 hours a day, the universe would literally enter the black hole era before you reached level 90.

As for difficulty, it starts to ramp up once you hit the Mediah region of the game.  It jumps up more in Valencia and then again in Kamasylvia.  True end-game PvE grinding involves grinding in ancient ruins which feature the most powerful enemies in the game outside of world bosses.  These difficulty jumps have more to do with gear than with level, however.  (Though level is important 'cus for some reason accuracy and evasion are stats in a full-action combat game...)

In terms of level that means you won't start to find enemies that aren't just trash mobs that get 1 hit until around level 50.

• Like 1