Onee(OD)

A Young Man's Resignation

I was recruited like over 9 years ago. Been off and on with my living situations, but always around. I've met a lot of good people here. Some friends I know I'll keep for life. However it's time for me to let go and move on. I'm currently working 50-60 hours a week. Though that will be changing soon I still feel its best that I stick to my decision to move on.

I've watched people grow up, change for the better, learn and just have a fantastic time here. I've also seen a lot of negative things as well. But whats important is that OD has for the most part been a consistent place for people to come and get away from their real lives. I hope it continues to stay that way, instead of moving towards this whole "lets make a rule about it" thing that goes on sometimes.

I could ramble on and on about my accomplishments here and how much this place has helped me grow as a person, and I feel like I've earned that with the time and effort I've put in but I'm not going to. Those of you that know me and remember me are enough.

I know I've DSL'd out already, however Aer promised to enable, restore my rank and give me a proper disablement. 

This wasn't very well written, but it was hard and I've thought about it for a long time. I knew it would never happen if I didn't just sit down and type it out.

I'll be around ts3 and discord.

With all of that said, this is goodbye:hugging:

• Like 1

I too am finding the community through OD that you describe.  I hope whatever your future holds you can be happy and fullfilled.  That's basically what life is about.  Be happy!

It's been a good run, Onee. It's too bad you are leaving but I understand. If you ever decide to return you'll be welcome.

This is very sad to see from you kodee because I know how much OD meant to you and what you meant to OD. I’m glad I got to run stuff with you many moons ago was fun lol sorry to see you go kodee 😞 from sas ❤️

JUAN-E. Good luck buddy, and may you find fortunes in anything you do. You were one of the people I started Overdosin' with, and I for one will miss you. Feel free to keep in touch. Respect is earned, never given. :) Keep your head up out there, ain't nobody gonna pick up your pride for you if you ever drop it.

Commander Aerineth(OD) re-enabled Lieutenant Colonel Onee(OD) for Re-enabling to disable at proper rank. and he/she was demoted to Staff Sergeant as punishment for leaving  on Sat Oct 6th, 2018 at 03:40:51 PM GMT. 

Commander Aerineth(OD) promoted Staff Sergeant Onee(OD) to Colonel for Fixing rank to have proper disablement log.  on Sat Oct 6th, 2018 at 03:41:20 PM GMT. 

Commander Aerineth(OD) disabled Colonel Onee(OD) for Onee, you've been a great friend to me since you returned. I hope I was able to teach you a great many things. My regret is that we didn't spend much time together the past few years. Always did have a great deal of respect for you. I can't wait to see the time when you return to us! I look forward to that day since I'll probably still be here. xD http://forum.overdosed.net/topic/67786-a-young-mans-resignation/ Farewell buddy. - Aer  on Sat Oct 6th, 2018 at 03:43:29 PM GMT. 

It's sad to see you leaving man, and I wish we were able to spend more time together gaming and leading divisions. I hope that I was a good teacher to you in the time that we spent in Diablo 2. Always will respect you a great deal. I hope that you do indeed stick around with us! I look forward to gaming with you again in the future!

• Like 1

Although we`ve never really met, I wish you the best going forward. And if you so choose to return someday, Seeya then.

Onee even though you had things going on in your life you contributed to OD in many ways, we will remember.

I wish you happiness and the best of luck in the future, keep in touch my friend.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 9:54 PM, Onee(OD) said:

With all of that said, this is goodbye:hugging:

It was very nice having you around, thanks for all the work you put in OD, best of luck with your new endeavors, and I hope we can have you back sometime soon. 😃

• Upvote 1

Well man its been a ride. When time slows down, and you want a break from it all, I'm sure OD will still be around 9 years into the future. Guys like yourself more or less shaped OD into what it is today, and I'm sure you can say the same thing about yourself...sometimes OD can help shape you into the person you are today as well.

Anyways, you'll be missed, and remembered fondly. I wish you the best of luck, and take the positives/negatives you've learned about yourself here, into your daily life.

Best of luck

• Upvote 1

May the good burn bright in memory and the bad fade as all bad should.  Nothing lasts forever, except your memories and their memories of you. This is the only immortality.

Onee, we never really got a chance to game much together, but I see many things that have felt your contributions to our great community. Thank you for all you have done, and until we meet again. If you should so choose in the future, I would look forward to welcoming you back. Best of luck on your endeavors!

~Comp