Dreg(OD)

Sort of but not really resignation?

Officers and above can take this as they will. This is not really about leaving the clan, as much as my weakening of interest in Diablo II. I don't wish to resign as much as just be transparent about my actual activity on Diablo II lately. But if my inactivity on Diablo II means I should be deactivated, then they can take this as a real resignation.

I've just gotten to a point where I realize that I don't have the schedule (or active friends that can work with my schedule) to enjoy Diablo II the way I'd like to. I told DBZ to message me whenever there was a clan duel game up and I was working when he did. Every time there's a PvP event I'm interested in, it always happens during my work or sleep rotation. I find myself in the same position as before I joined the clan, resorting to joining public duel games, dealing with BM douchebags, and logging off within 90 minutes of it. I'm also not the kind of person that likes camping in baal runs for hours on end. I have to muster a whole lot of patience just to reach level 90, let alone any further than that. So it's very easy for me to get burnt out and lose interest.

I joined the clan, because I'm very interested in playing more Diablo II if I could be part of something that offered something better than the usual "Pub PK" and Baal-run grinding. But it seems my new job won't allow such a thing to work out.

I did just get a brand new PC with some pretty good specs. I've been playing PUBG, Heroes of the Storm, and Overwatch here lately, now that I have a PC that will run them smoothly. My interest in Diablo II as of late is up in the air though.

There's an Overwatch division if you would like to try that out. 

The greatest things about our community is that we do not limit ourselves to one game or another. Like @Ray(OD) said, we have many other divisions that I'm sure would welcome you, and if there isn't a specific division that you feel like selecting as your main game, you can remain an OD member under the "OD Community" main game, like many others of our ranks! It would be a shame to lose people based solely on just one game, and that's why we have such a classification available. You can just switch your main-game  to whichever main game you choose, or if, for example, you would like to start up a squad for a game we currently don't have one for, switch your "main game" to the OD Community, and get in touch with a General to discuss the creation of a squad! (It is not required that you start a new squad in order to switch to the OD Community).

That said, I urge you to reconsider leaving the community. Activity is only measured by our DSL system, which can be reset every time you either log into our website, onto teamspeak, or even discord (once you link your account via the website)! :thumbsup:

Edited by CompFreak(OD)
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dreg(OD) said:

Officers and above can take this as they will. This is not really about leaving the clan, as much as my weakening of interest in Diablo II. I don't wish to resign as much as just be transparent about my actual activity on Diablo II lately. But if my inactivity on Diablo II means I should be deactivated, then they can take this as a real resignation.

I've just gotten to a point where I realize that I don't have the schedule (or active friends that can work with my schedule) to enjoy Diablo II the way I'd like to. I told DBZ to message me whenever there was a clan duel game up and I was working when he did. Every time there's a PvP event I'm interested in, it always happens during my work or sleep rotation. I find myself in the same position as before I joined the clan, resorting to joining public duel games, dealing with BM douchebags, and logging off within 90 minutes of it. I'm also not the kind of person that likes camping in baal runs for hours on end. I have to muster a whole lot of patience just to reach level 90, let alone any further than that. So it's very easy for me to get burnt out and lose interest.

I joined the clan, because I'm very interested in playing more Diablo II if I could be part of something that offered something better than the usual "Pub PK" and Baal-run grinding. But it seems my new job won't allow such a thing to work out.

I did just get a brand new PC with some pretty good specs. I've been playing PUBG, Heroes of the Storm, and Overwatch here lately, now that I have a PC that will run them smoothly. My interest in Diablo II as of late is up in the air though.

come play overwatch with us.....? 🙂

31 minutes ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

Maybe, but I'm not very experienced and FPS style games have never been my strong suit. I suck pretty bad at it and I don't see myself getting much better too quickly. However, the thing that I love about OW is that it's fun even if you suck at it.

8 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

The greatest things about our community is that we do not limit ourselves to one game or another. Like @Ray(OD) said, we have many other divisions that I'm sure would welcome you, and if there isn't a specific division that you feel like selecting as your main game, you can remain an OD member under the "OD Community" main game, like many others of our ranks! It would be a shame to lose people based solely on just one game, and that's why we have such a classification available. You can just switch your main-game  to whichever main game you choose, or if, for example, you would like to start up a squad for a game we currently don't have one for, switch your "main game" to the OD Community, and get in touch with a General to discuss the creation of a squad! (It is not required that you start a new squad in order to switch to the OD Community).

That said, I urge you to reconsider leaving the community. Activity is only measured by our DSL system, which can be reset every time you either log into our website, onto teamspeak, or even discord (once you link your account via the website)! :thumbsup:

I guess that's an option I can take. I'm used to other clans that will dump you based on game-activity. So I figured I'd be open about it and see what happens. I'm not leaving until I have to.

Compfreak basically covered the gist of the points I would have made. In the case of other Clans you're right, they'll typically dump you based on your game activity, but usually because their community doesn't extend beyond that game, and as often as not space within their Clan is limited.

But OD transcends the games we play. It keeps us connected even after our interest in a game has long-since run out. A lot of the people I regularly game with I first met in Divisions I made 2 - 3 years ago, but thanks to the power of OD we still game together, often trying out new ones together to see how they hold up. So do what works for you, no matter what kind of gaming lifestyle you have OD will support it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Since D2, PVP is one of your main ways of playing D2 but have limited time, I would suggest that you log into Teamspeak, even if you don't talk, there are members who "type talk".  There is a channel called PVP on teamspeak where current pvper's gather.  When you enter that channel, periodically, type a message asking if there are any games and they will respond.  You don't have to be able to hear to use Teamspeak and can keep informed of what games are currently up.  You could also add the current pvpers on your friend list and just do a search when you are on line to see who is available.

You could also sit in the main channel and type asking for PVP games.  I know the pvpers usually make ODpk games at all hours.

It is the people you hang out with that make the game that's for sure.  You don't have to be super active, just keep logging in a play when you can.  We'd miss you if you left.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dreg(OD) said:

Maybe, but I'm not very experienced and FPS style games have never been my strong suit. I suck pretty bad at it and I don't see myself getting much better too quickly. However, the thing that I love about OW is that it's fun even if you suck at it.

I guess that's an option I can take. I'm used to other clans that will dump you based on game-activity. So I figured I'd be open about it and see what happens. I'm not leaving until I have to.

I'm glad to hear that you are at least giving the rest of the community a chance! feel free to stop by in teamspeak, like @Purplez(OD) said, even if you don't have a mic, you can still type-chat with us and get to know us all!

11 hours ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

black ops 4 comes out very soon come knife only with me and Blackout !!! plus bomb is like a diet version of Type get a ps4 tho the competitive scene prefers the ps4

11 hours ago, Dreg(OD) said:

It is fun even if you suck at it.... I am the perfect example! LMAO I am stuck in such a low SR I can't hardly play with anyone. However I still have fun!! I am not the best at OW either but lets game some time I bet ill make you look like you are a pro!

59 minutes ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

It is fun even if you suck at it.... I am the perfect example! LMAO I am stuck in such a low SR I can't hardly play with anyone. However I still have fun!! I am not the best at OW either but lets game some time I bet ill make you look like you are a pro!

thats why youve got the right stuff to be mayberrys hottest bartender ! @Aerineth(OD) promote this man