Altreg01(OD)

Looking for a Barb Build

Just had a Barb Crushed (thanks @MineNotYour(OD)) and trying to decide what to do with him. Mostly a BO Barb I guess, I was smart enough to make this one on a different accout from my main, so looking for some other usefulness as he tags along on my other runs.  Not looking for anything too expensive, I will probably hit up @Mr_kon(od) for a torch and try my luck at an anni on JSP. 

Any suggestions welcomed as Ive made exactly one Barb in my D2 career and it was about 10 years ago and he too was just a singer.

~Cheers,

Steve

Posted (edited)

pretty much all barbs are expensive (cost at least 2 Lo) but you can make a goldfind barb by maxing leap and let your merc kill trav. Get some goldfind gear for you and your merc and go to trav, keep leaping to stun all monsters in the area and your merc is safe to kill them(trav wont be able to cast hydra if you keep leaping). It will give you a few million gold that you can use to gamble or sell on jsp. This is the cheapest build I can think of. Doesn't need a single hr :)
gear : 
ik helm with 2 lem
2x 6os crystal sword with 6x lem
goldwrap
dwarf star
inferno stride
wealth
on switch have 2x 3warcry wepaon to bo
Get a edge bow in your stash to gamble at lower price
merc
crown of thieve
wealth/treachery
tombreaver with lems, bonehew with lems or obedience

Edited by HeartBound(OD)

If you want a pure singer barb just for the purpose of bo'ing you could go with:

deli helm with 3 bo helm base

myth (patch 1.11 runeword with +2 barb skills)

2x 3 warcry sticks

amulet +3 warcries

arachs

2x soj or soj n bk or 2x bks

gloves idk

boots idk

barb torch

anni

chocolate

pizza

cake

yeah

Thanks, all looks pretty cheap and easy, gonna muck around and maybe make something useful or not. How much is pizza on JSP?

1 hour ago, Altreg01(OD) said:

Thanks, all looks pretty cheap and easy, gonna muck around and maybe make something useful or not. How much is pizza on JSP?

2 fg a slice

No problem Bro @Altreg01(OD)....I am old fashioned, I like old WW Barbs.

OD-LukeCage - My Barb - No merc yet

Helm: Arreats

Weapon: Greif Phase Blade

Sheild: Stormsheild

Armor: Fortitude Sacred Armor

Gloves: Steelrends

Boots: Goreriders

Belt: TGods

Amulet: Angelic Wings

Ring #1: Angelic Halo

Ring #2: Ravenfrost

Anni, Torch and a mix of Warcry, Combat Gcs , FRW, AR, and Life+ Mixed Res Scs.

I also like constructive criticism

I got him chaos'd to level 63ish, still usefull as Bumper so if anybody is doing a clan Grush I can bump it, hes currently sporting all gear that dropped while chaosing him and a Myth like suggested above

7 hours ago, MineNotYour(OD) said:

No problem Bro @Altreg01(OD)....I am old fashioned, I like old WW Barbs.

OD-LukeCage - My Barb - No merc yet

Helm: Arreats

Weapon: Greif Phase Blade

Sheild: Stormsheild

Armor: Fortitude Sacred Armor

Gloves: Steelrends

Boots: Goreriders

Belt: TGods

Amulet: Angelic Wings

Ring #1: Angelic Halo

Ring #2: Ravenfrost

Anni, Torch and a mix of Warcry, Combat Gcs , FRW, AR, and Life+ Mixed Res Scs.

I also like constructive criticism

Whats ideal merc for WW barb?  In a stroke of luck an old friend hooked me up with some WW gear, no armor so Im still wearing an old enigma which is ok for now even though my resists blow in hell with anni and torch.  Not sure where to head with merc, seen a few different things on old pages not sure what todays merc is. Gave my eth Andy's to a new clan mate a few weeks ago so Im starting naked with the merc. Do have 700 FG I can blow on JSP though

Posted (edited)

I feel there are really 2 choices for me, Act 1 Faith/Bow based merc. cold arrow (fanaticism aura) and 2nd choice but only if your bored Act 2 holy freeze merc pride runeword merc (concentration aura). Peace!

PS: Firm believer in Eth Fortitude (A Good Base Bugged Preferably in cube), Eth Andys socketed with Ral rune or a GG Fire res +usefull stat jewel

Edited by MineNotYour(OD)

Posted (edited)
On 8/25/2018 at 8:19 PM, Altreg01(OD) said:

Whats ideal merc for WW barb?  In a stroke of luck an old friend hooked me up with some WW gear, no armor so Im still wearing an old enigma which is ok for now even though my resists blow in hell with anni and torch.  Not sure where to head with merc, seen a few different things on old pages not sure what todays merc is. Gave my eth Andy's to a new clan mate a few weeks ago so Im starting naked with the merc. Do have 700 FG I can blow on JSP though

eth Reaper's Toll, it can procs decrepify to remove physical immunities to monsters and has high attack. Otherwise, I suggest you make a lawbringer phase blade that you carry either on switch or go 2 hand weapon. For merc setup I recommend treachery armor, guillaume helm w/ 15 ias jewel and Reaper's toll with shael in it. This setup make your merc hit the IAS breakpoint of 4.5 fpa

Edited by HeartBound(OD)

12 hours ago, MineNotYour(OD) said:

I feel there are really 2 choices for me, Act 1 Faith/Bow based merc. cold arrow (fanaticism aura) and 2nd choice but only if your bored Act 2 holy freeze merc pride runeword merc (concentration aura). Peace!

PS: Firm believer in Eth Fortitude (A Good Base Bugged Preferably in cube), Eth Andys socketed with Ral rune or a GG Fire res +usefull stat jewel

What I ended up with...thnx

8 hours ago, HeartBound(OD) said:

eth Reaper's Toll, it can procs decrepify to remove physical immunities to monsters and has high attack. Otherwise, I suggest you make a lawbringer phase blade that you carry either on switch or go 2 hand weapon. For merc setup I recommend treachery armor, guillaume helm w/ 15 ias jewel and Reaper's toll with shael in it. This setup make your merc hit the IAS breakpoint of 4.5 fpa

Thanks for that advice, went with the more vanilla set up of Pride/Efort/Andy's

The standard barb build I used on west went like so

-Grief Zerker 40%ias (This is important, as anything less than 40%ias will make you have to have ias on gloves iirc)
Phaseblade is nice, because it's guaranteed max ias (With my setup) regardless of ias roll on Grief. However, PB has poor range, meaning a lot less hitchecks = overall a lot less damage. As long as your Griefz has 40% ias, it's better than a PB.

-Beast Zerker
Shield barbs worked nicely on classic, not so much on expansion except for BvB. The problem is the radical rise in defense on characters compared to classic and the huge nerf WW got in expansion. Because of this, Beast is without a doubt the best option that isn't an Eth Self-rep 200ed Fools Zerker. The Fanaticism aura gives you the attack rating and damage boost you need and that's compounded by the dual wielding bonus and Griefs hidden damage factor.

Stormshield is still a good item to have stashed for certain occasions, but Beast should be your main offhand.

Enigma vs Fortitude
Which one you use depends on what you plan on using the barb for.
-There's no question that in PvP, Enigma is a no-brainer if your barb isn't BvB
-Fort is a no brainer if you're BvB or if he's just a walking support tank in PvM
-Enigma, however, is a necessity if you want to do anything that requires speed and mobility, like rushing

I suggest Enigma personally.

Gear
Helm:
Arreats Face
Ammy:
Highlords
Ring 1:
Ravenfrost
Ring 2: AR/Str/Dex/Res or Stone of Jordan
Gloves: Magefist if using Enigma, Immortal Kings if using Fort
Belt:
Arach if using Enigma, Verdungo if using Fort
Boots:
Goreriders

Inventory
Depending on your budget, you can go with GC's for low budget and SC's for high-end.

3/20/20 SC's are the best charms there are for a barb, period.
You could spend a bit less (But still a lot) on 3/10-19/10-19, but it adds up and makes a big difference (In a bad way)
You could go super-low-budget and get 10/50-70/15-30 life GC's

Unfortunately, the charms make or break your barb. If you go cheap and go with the GC's, you'll get what you pay for: A barb that does more damage, but dies way too easily.
If you go all 3/20/20 SC's, you'll be a solid tank and that means surviving a lot longer to make up for that loss of damage anyways.
The more you spend on your charms, the better the barb. It's pretty much a "pay-to-win" character in PvP.

• Like 1