CompFreak(OD)

Squad Cleanup 2018

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, I wanted to reach out to all the squad leaders because we would like to "cleanup" our website / teamspeak / discord lists for the squads section.

I have compiled a spreadsheet with our current (as of Aug. 22, 2018) squads and leaders here:SQUADS.pdf , highlighting current squads / leaders that are either inactive, disabled, or needs attention.

• To update your Squad's status, make a post on this thread and I will update the spreadsheet, to be submitted to the web-dev team to update our website.

• If you would like to volunteer to take up leadership of any of the above squads, make a post in this thread!

• If your squad does not have a teamspeak / discord channel but would like one, or would like to remove your teamspeak / discord channel from the list because it is unused, please make a post here, and a General will be happy to assist.

• If you would like to resign from squad leadership or transfer leadership to another individual, please post in this thread so that we can maybe help find a replacement for you, or remove the squad from the list.

Current Squads without Leaders, that need volunteers, that are in danger of being removed:

- Hearthstone Squad

- PokeMMO Squad

- Fortnite Squad

- CS:GO Squad

Thank you all for assisting in keeping our community up-to-date !

~Comp

Edited by CompFreak(OD)
Updated Spreadsheet 9/6/18
  • Like 1

D2 PvP squad wants to remain a squad with the same people you have listed as the C.O .and X.O.

D2 Run Squad: We don't have teamspeak and we don't require one and yes we still want to be a squad.

@PoPs(OD) feel free to add/remove/modify if needed.

7 Days to Die Squad needs to be cleaned up.  I believe I am the only active member left currently.  Not sure about Hikato or Supremejester.  I thought about running my own server and using that as a means to recruit.  Maybe if there was more interest in the game I would.

Destiny 2 has lost interest in most people that were in the squad and playing the game, I am happy to keep running it but the members are not around anymore. 

I Play CSGO but not very often,

I'm not sure of what kind of niche OD would fit into CSGO as its quite a competitive game

16 hours ago, Atrayas(OD) said:

7 Days to Die Squad needs to be cleaned up.  I believe I am the only active member left currently.  Not sure about Hikato or Supremejester.  I thought about running my own server and using that as a means to recruit.  Maybe if there was more interest in the game I would.

@Hikato, @SupremeJester: Any update(s) from you? Do you still require the teamspeak channel you have? Do you still want to be a squad? Are you actively trying to become a division (taken into consideration when nominating "Squad of the month")? Does either of you wish to resign from the squad leadership, allowing Atrayas(OD) to step up in your place?

15 hours ago, Solaris(OD) said:

Destiny 2 has lost interest in most people that were in the squad and playing the game, I am happy to keep running it but the members are not around anymore. 

Do you still wish to be a squad? Do you still want the teamspeak channel(s) you have? Do you have anyone that wants to be your X.O.?

4 hours ago, snicker66(OD) said:

I Play CSGO but not very often,

I'm not sure of what kind of niche OD would fit into CSGO as its quite a competitive game

Is that your way of volunteering to save the squad and lead it back into division status? 🙂If so, do you have an X.O. in mind? Do you still want the teamspeak channel(s) assigned to the squad?

**Spreadsheet has been updated to this point.**

• Upvote 1

@CompFreak(OD) I didn't think we had a teamspeak channel, we were mostly on Discord so that can go if there is one. I am happy to keep leading the squad and can look for a X.O. and sort that stuff out as soon as I can. 

• Like 1

Don't care.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"LLD" still wants to be a squad. no reason yet to get teamspeak for this.

• Like 1

@Solaris(OD), @Membership(OD) : Thank you for your updates!

@Hikato : If you do not care about anything to do with the squad, am I to interpret that you are stepping down from the squad's leadership? 

** Updated to reflect changes thus far **

**Updated Spreadsheet to reflect changes thus far**

Still waiting on updates / answers from:

• D2 HC LADDER
  • STREAMER
  • KING'S RAID
  • LOL
  • STARCRAFT BROODWAR
  • MAPLE STORY 2
  • MAGIC THE GATHERING
  • D2 CLASSIC
  • GAMERS LOUNGE
  • RUNESCAPE
  • WOW
  • 7 DAYS TO DIE
  • CONAN EXILES

Still looking for volunteers to take over:

• HEARTHSTONE
  • POKEMMO
  • FORTNITE
  • CS:GO

How long are you giving them before you remove them? Because it has been 2 weeks. If someone wants to re-create the squad it doesn't take long at all. Also it would reset the member count so it would be more accurate for the ones that are inactive.

1 minute ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

How long are you giving them before you remove them? Because it has been 2 weeks. If someone wants to re-create the squad it doesn't take long at all. Also it would reset the member count so it would be more accurate for the ones that are inactive.

The intended "due date" is before the upcoming admin meeting. Squads that have not responded by then, I will be informing the Admin team, and we will make our determinations at that time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

The intended "due date" is before the upcoming admin meeting. Squads that have not responded by then, I will be informing the Admin team, and we will make our determinations at that time.

Okay. It might save a bunch of time in the future to just delete the ones you have determined inactive or have given no response, and if someone wants to remake a squad they are more than welcome to do so. Just my take on things. But I can see your thought process behind this. 

2 hours ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

Okay. It might save a bunch of time in the future to just delete the ones you have determined inactive or have given no response, and if someone wants to remake a squad they are more than welcome to do so. Just my take on things. But I can see your thought process behind this. 

The reason I posted this thread, is that during our last Admin meeting, I brought up how we needed to update our squads listing on teamspeak and the website, and was consequently volunteered to reach out to our squad leaders so that we may do so. While I can appreciate your "delete and re-create if people complain" mentality, by no means was this any "greenlight" to start removing them as I saw fit, nor do I have access to do so (as far as the forums go, removal of squad pages must be done by someone with ACP access, i.e. 4* generals and commanders).

As such, I am doing my due diligence in collecting as much information as possible, as requested of me, in order to provide our admin team with as accurate and up-to-date information as possible, so that we can make informed decisions, rather than causing headaches and creating more work than necessary, and even potentially causing members to leave OD, thinking "admins don't even ask before removing our squad / potential division". We as admins have a responsibility to our members to at least give them a chance to succeed, and us making informed choices rather than rash decisions, will help to show that we do care for the betterment of our great community.

However, Squads that have not responded by the next Admin meeting (Sept 16th, 2018 @ 8pm CST) in this thread, may be subject to removal of their squad status and forum pages. Also, because the future of our current squad listing is a topic for discussion this month, I would like to invite all of our squad leaders, including those that are volunteering to assume leadership of a squad, to attend this part of the meeting. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

The reason I posted this thread, is that during our last Admin meeting, I brought up how we needed to update our squads listing on teamspeak and the website, and was consequently volunteered to reach out to our squad leaders so that we may do so. While I can appreciate your "delete and re-create if people complain" mentality, by no means was this any "greenlight" to start removing them as I saw fit, nor do I have access to do so (as far as the forums go, removal of squad pages must be done by someone with ACP access, i.e. 4* generals and commanders).

As such, I am doing my due diligence in collecting as much information as possible, as requested of me, in order to provide our admin team with as accurate and up-to-date information as possible, so that we can make informed decisions, rather than causing headaches and creating more work than necessary, and even potentially causing members to leave OD, thinking "admins don't even ask before removing our squad / potential division". We as admins have a responsibility to our members to at least give them a chance to succeed, and us making informed choices rather than rash decisions, will help to show that we do care for the betterment of our great community.

However, Squads that have not responded by the next Admin meeting (Sept 16th, 2018 @ 8pm CST) in this thread, may be subject to removal of their squad status and forum pages. Also, because the future of our current squad listing is a topic for discussion this month, I would like to invite all of our squad leaders, including those that are volunteering to assume leadership of a squad, to attend this part of the meeting. :thumbsup:

I never said just go deleting things without asking, but hey thanks for the explanation good stuff.

You can remove my leadership for the 7 Days Squad.

Edited by Hikato

What Dabomb is saying is that if you've reached out to Squad leaders, any that haven't responded (by whatever due date) you can simply delete the Squads for. There's no need to bring it up in the Admin Meeting for determination, the course of action is already obvious. When you've determined which Squads are inactive then just remove them and send a PM to a Commander with the list of Squad boards that need to be moved to past Squads. That should be fine.

And we appreciate you going to the trouble of cleaning house for us, Compfreak. Thank you.

• Like 2

To discuss this at the admin meeting is to bring awareness to existing squads. One of the things we do not teach new enlisted out the gate, is that ANYBODY can start a squad, and ANYBODY can end up in a Division Leader status. He want's to simply discuss, or make some aware, in case anybody at the meeting knows anybody playing these games. We should be doing our best to enable members to make divisions, as that is how we can grow(outside of Diablo II.) One of the things in the last 3-4 years I've learned, is EVERYTIME I discuss enlisted being able to make a squad, and make a division, at least one, if not 3, if not 5, or like in a Diablo II channel the other night a full 11 people(I asked...) didn't know that we can both recruit people to OD Community in games currently not sponsored, and we can enable said members to make squads and make divisions.

Now naturally, I don't expect people to push this information to each new recruit. But over time, when a member makes it a year or more, it should of been pushed, said, or made clear at some point. Since I won't expect anyone to do this without reason to do so, the more we discuss and leave opportunity's open to people to pickup a game, or lead a game the better I find we're doing our jobs.

By tradition I always say I have 2 goals for each individual in OD Leadership. 1 is to get more members, 2 is to make sure people have fun. 1 is easier to do, when 2 is a success. What I find we do as a community together, is we offer a home for games 1. 2, we should collectively enable as many opportunity's to get people into games and leadership positions here, as that at the end of the day is how we grow. Or I can keep the same 5-15 leaders, making division after division with not so much success beyond when said leaders leave that division.

Our community traditions, beyond our personal ones are the ties that bind us together. It's why we have rules for Enlisted becoming division leaders, its why we have a squad of the month, its why we have the OD Community main game option, its why we have forums and a teamspeak to make more channels, more sub forums, its why we have a Division Administration board, its why anybody can come to any meeting for the most part, when it used to be more so general or officer limited.

Id really appreciate if we all enable each other, or help each other with certain jobs, and spent more time finding ways to grow the clan as a whole, rather then singling out a slow process one takes, or pointing out something that didn't happen even if someone said it should of or would of. Accountability among us is a part of our job, but it is such a little part. Less gotcha games, and more positive re-enforcement(notice the RE enforcing word?). Less pointing out problems we see, especially when only ONE person stepped up here to take a current tally of this issue, and more solutions to either remove them yourselves which Terra did point out is an obvious choice or option here... and more providing solutions and ways to help make this clan grow beyond 20-30 member divisions with lasting sustainability, and have more divisions overall would be a useful way to spend our "not so free but fun" time plzNty.

\endrant gud gawd I miss having drugs and just ignoring how discussions, cross discussions, and thoughts grow out of air here, and for what reasons and why...

EDIT: *waves to Frank*

Edited by Townkill(OD)
Edit for Frank

Or just make a catchy tagline that pops up when you log in and says Ask us today how you can save 15% by switching to geico Or ask us how you can become a division leader or Make your own squad today start here! ( insert link ) jk lol 

• Like 1

HC Squad is good to go.  I will clean up some of the members.  I am also in need of an assistant.  I will start that search effective now.

• Like 2

As per the Admin meeting, Squads that have not responded will be removed from the list, and I would like to thank all of you that have responded in a timely manner, so that we can keep our community clutter-free! To those that would like to re-start their squads, or would like to start a new squad, I welcome you to getting in touch with any General so that we can help you with the process. ~Thanks all!:thumbsup: