Sign in to follow this  
Ray(OD)

Ray's Classic Rusher Sorceress

Recently I've noticed an increased interest in the creation of classic rushers. Classic rushers (basically all sorcs) allow a character (excluding Druids and Assassins) to reach Hell difficulty faster by taking advantage of the fact that Act V doesn't need to be completed.

I use a Frozen Orb/Fire Wall hybrid Sorceress. Here's how I did my skills:

20 Frozen Orb

1 Static Field (This spell is more effective in Classic than Expansion)

A handful in Cold Mastery (You can max it if you want)

20 Teleport (Saves a LOT of mana)

20 Fire Wall (Deal with those pesky cold immunes)

20 Fire Mastery

*If you want, you can put points into ice bolt to increase Frozen Orb damage but it's not that significant

(Desired) Gear:

Spectral Shard Unique Blade - 50 FCR (Crucial to reach the 63 FCR Breakpoint) and some resistances

Full Irathas - Give you bonuses to all resistances and to all maximum resistances. (Includes gloves, belt, helm, and an amulet)

2x 10 FCR Rings - Required to reach the 63 FCR Breakpoint. Resistances on these rings is preferred. 

30/10 Rare Boots - 30 Faster Run Walk (Not mandatory but nice) and 10% Faster Hit Recovery (super important in Classic)

The Ward Unique Gothic Shield - Big chunk of resistances

Twitchthroe Unique Studded Leather - Dexterity and Strength to help you equip items and nice chunk of FHR

Awesome Ray, thanks!  It's really something to see such low levels like yourself, MooMoo and Beer at level 60ish doing hell rushes in classic.  

That 20 to teleport is Very important, saves you money and time on buying mana potions

I am interested in creating a classic sorc to help Crush new members. My Other sorc can clear anything in hell with no issue, so if i can just get them through nightmare with the Classic sorc = *Thumbs up*

Ray if you can help me set up a classic sorc, let me know.