Collin(OD)

Selling my EVGA GTX 1080 FTW DT

Anyone interested? Decided to upgrade so I would like to sell it. I'd send you a PayPal Invoice for Goods & Services and that's how you'd pay. Protects everyone involved... not that I don't trust y'all. 😉

Looking for $475 shipped.

ad2c4c4dc8a8bd7d9804247ec6cb8028.jpg

Nice price for that, I paid 600 for my founders edition

If I wanted to SLI my 1080 with that I would totally buy that

Great bargain. Did you Overclock it?

Very tempting... When buying previously owned graphics cards, one would be wise to ask such questions as:

- Any mining or extreme overclocking / overvolting ever been done on the card?

- Has there been any instances of extended ( 6 hours+) usage at full load? If so, how often?

- How long have you owned the card / Are you the original owner?

- Have you experienced any artifacts or are there any known issues with the card (or your pc it is used in)?

All things considered, $475 USD is quite a low price point for a 1080 graphics card... Why are you willing to let it go for so little?

2 minutes ago, Badboi(OD) said:

Great bargain. Did you Overclock it?

Recent Nvidia cards utilize a technology called "GPU Boost", which overclocks the video card automatically, with specific thermal and power restrictions, as to not damage the gpu. However, the more "correct" question to ask would be if it was manually overclocked or not, or if there has been any "over-volting" done on the gpu to obtain higher clock speeds that would be normally beyond the automatic "factory-safe" speeds.

• Like 1

Desire to know more intensifies

6 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

Very tempting... When buying previously owned graphics cards, one would be wise to ask such questions as:

- Any mining or extreme overclocking / overvolting ever been done on the card?

- Has there been any instances of extended ( 6 hours+) usage at full load? If so, how often?

- How long have you owned the card / Are you the original owner?

- Have you experienced any artifacts or are there any known issues with the card (or your pc it is used in)?

All things considered, $475 USD is quite a low price point for a 1080 graphics card... Why are you willing to let it go for so little?

Recent Nvidia cards utilize a technology called "GPU Boost", which overclocks the video card automatically, with specific thermal and power restrictions, as to not damage the gpu. However, the more "correct" question to ask would be if it was manually overclocked or not, or if there has been any "over-volting" done on the gpu to obtain higher clock speeds that would be normally beyond the automatic "factory-safe" speeds.

And this is why they call him “El CompFreak”

• Like 1

No mining, although even if someone does mine (and if they're not an idiot) they typically run it low power to keep temps down. You can't overvolt and damage a Pascal GPU. They limit the max voltage in the card's BIOS so no matter what you set it to it won't go over a certain point. It's actually super annoying because it limits overclocking compared to Maxwell cards that didn't have that safeguard. Idiots ruin everything. T_T

Uh... probably like on Diablo 3 reset day.

A year / no.

Nope.

Selling it cheap because I think it's a fair price for a used card. Prices have come down some. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Collin(OD) said:

You can't overvolt and damage a Pascal GPU. They limit the max voltage in the card's BIOS so no matter what you set it to it won't go over a certain point. It's actually super annoying because it limits overclocking compared to Maxwell cards that didn't have that safeguard. Idiots ruin everything. T_T

Actually, there are ways that it is possible to do this, even with the pascal gpu's, by flashing the video card's bios to an unrestricted [hack/crack] version, but generally yes, you are correct. 😉😇

Anyways, if I wasn't in the process of spending large sums of money on some land to build a house right now, I'd definitely be interested... Definitely a great card at an awesome price!

You're still not gonna get much out of Pascal anyhow unless you also shunt mod it to bypass the thermal limits by GPU Boost. 

@Badboi(OD) time to dump that 780.

• Like 1

Yikers frank is running a 780

Sold it. 1080 Ti mustard race.

278a5dee4647dd885b4cafd39afb5c07.jpg

what case is that Col?

Corsair Air 240?