Sign in to follow this  
Purplez(OD)

Guide to a Classic Rush (Crush)

Posted (edited)

I am in no way an expert on Classic rushes or crushes as they are more commonly known.  However, I feel we need some type of guide on the forum.  With this guide, when we have a new recruit, we can either link them to the guide on their introduction post or in a private PM.  Not everybody has played classic or non-expansion D2 even though we offer them the crush through the efforts of  our Classic Squad  https://www.overdosed.net/index.php?view=Squads&uid=265 

Many D2ers have no clue what we are talking about.  I welcome any updates or suggestions to this guide.  Thanks in advance.

CRUSH GUIDE

Before LOD Expansion was created, D2 only went to act IV.  Therefore, when you make a non-expansion character, that is considered a classic character.  The main reason people want a Crush (classic rush) is there are no ancient level requirements in non-expansion characters since there is no Act V.  A crusher can rush level 1 characters all the way to act 4 in classic without any level requirements.  Once the crush is completed, the new character can be converted to a LOD expansion character.  To convert the character once it is rushed, at the create character screen, make sure your character is highlighted, then click on the "convert to expansion" and the character will be moved to LOD expansion.  You can then level in expansion until the character is high enough to do hell ancients and get into baal games.  The other side benefit to a crush character converting to LOD, is that character hasn't completed the baal quest in either normal or nightmare mode, so that character can then actually be a "bumper" for an LOD grush.  

At the create new character screen, just un-click the expansion character.  Create your new character and tada! you now have a classic character.  Clan OD is proud to offer crushes through the kindness of members to our Classic Squad.  https://www.overdosed.net/index.php?view=Squads&uid=265

@Print(OD) added this part to the guide, thanks!

hings to know!!!!

Pay attention to the crusher so that things go smoother is the main key.

First, you create your character make sure that you take the check out of expansion on the creation. You can create all of the characters except for Assassin and Druid. 

Ingame things to know:

(If you die at any boss stay dead until rusher says to release so you do not miss the quest)

Act1 simple just one player that needs the quest goes into the portal given by the rusher

-- You can glitch Andy to be able to always have boss drops at this point. You just need to wait for the portal that automatically comes up when you take this portal and return to town. Do not talk to anyone except for Warriv which can carry you to act2. This is all that needs to be done for this glitch to work.

Act2 Pay attention because the rusher may need you to go into the portal as soon as possible. Only one person needs to be doing all the movement. Preferably the one that knows the game the most and is the fastest. 

---If you are the rusher do the Amulet first (Lost City + Claw viper temple2) So that the player can talk to Drognan right after you let them get the amulet. Then do the staff.(This prevents them from need palace portal)

Rushee pay attention because you need to be in the arcane portal when the summoner dies or you will have to make ng or walk the tombs. For speed just be there. 

After placing the staff in the orifice in the tombs you can return to town and the rusher can make a tp next to the angel without talking to the angel, once the rushee has spoken to the angel it will grant the quest completion even though it said quest cant be completed.

Act3 Make sure you stay put at the portal that the rusher opens here so that you can get the quest unless they state otherwise. Again if you die stay dead until told to release. Even if it says you missed the quest always attempt to talk to Cain it will sometimes grant the quest. Once you go into durance portal stay still moving around could trigger the council to come and attack you depending on where the crusher decided to put the portal. Again if you die stay dead until told to release.

Act4 This is a simple thing to know as soon as you get here know what the name game should be and who is making it so that you can get out fast because once Diablo is dead there is a countdown on classic.

On 6/19/2018 at 8:36 PM, Purplez(OD) said:

These are the individuals I know that are providing free Crushes to Clan OD members.  If I missed anybody, please add your name!

@MooMoo(OD) @RickAstley(OD) @Jiraiya(OD) @GhostDog(OD) @Ray(OD) @CotDaniel(OD) @MineNotYour(OD) @snicker66 @HO(OD)  @beer(OD)

Edited by Purplez(OD)

Posted (edited)

These are the individuals I know that are providing free Crushes to Clan OD members.  If I missed anybody, please add your name!

@MooMoo(OD) @RickAstley(OD) @Jiraiya(OD) @GhostDog(OD) @Ray(OD) @CotDaniel(OD) @MineNotYour(OD)

Edited by Purplez(OD)
  • Like 1

I definitely will at level 80, don't know if I can do it at 68..character c rusher is OD-GhostCrusher, the account is as purple has indicated. I am getting there ..:)

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, GhostDog(OD) said:

I definitely will at level 80, don't know if I can do it at 68..character c rusher is OD-GhostCrusher, the account is as purple has indicated. I am getting there ..:)

If you got ok gear u can still crush with a low lvl.

By the way, when I dont crush I mf in classic. So far I got an extra spectral blade and iratha glove.

Edited by Jiraiya(OD)

I've noticed @MineNotYour(OD) also has a sorc on classic.  Not sure if he is rushing capable.  Brian?

20 minutes ago, Purplez(OD) said:

I've noticed @MineNotYour(OD) also has a sorc on classic.  Not sure if he is rushing capable.  Brian?

I've got my crusher and hdin at level 70 with full gear thanks to RickAstley(OD)

I Just need to level my BO barb to be more efficient.

Long story short I can do Crushes  if needed inbox me on jsp @ snicker66@jsp  OR email me snicker66@overdosed.net so i get a notification on my phone

You can send me a message on the forums but it dont have a push notification setup to my phone for that

Thanks for the update Snickers 🙂

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

I've noticed also has a sorc on classic.  Not sure if he is rushing capable.  Brian?

I Can get through Normal and Nightmare EZ atm. Then we can convert and I can finish on Expans. LMK @Purplez(OD)  Also best place to reach me is In Game.

Edited by MineNotYour(OD)

On 6/19/2018 at 8:36 PM, Purplez(OD) said:

@MooMoo(OD) @RickAstley(OD) @Jiraiya(OD) @GhostDog(OD) @Ray(OD) @CotDaniel(OD) @MineNotYour(OD)

Updated the Clan crushers.  Thanks to all of you for all your hard work in crushing new recruits and other members.

Ouch

did you leave me out on purpose? #sad

On 7/15/2018 at 11:35 PM, snicker66(OD) said:

I've got my crusher and hdin at level 70 with full gear thanks to RickAstley(OD)

I Just need to level my BO barb to be more efficient.

Long story short I can do Crushes  if needed inbox me on jsp @ snicker66@jsp  OR email me snicker66@overdosed.net so i get a notification on my phone

You can send me a message on the forums but it dont have a push notification setup to my phone for that

7 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Updated the Clan crushers.  Thanks to all of you for all your hard work in crushing new recruits and other members.

OMG @snicker66(OD) I am so very, very sorry!  I should have paid more attention when updating.  It was totally unintentional in leaving your name off the list.  Please accept my apology.

The NEW and really updated list of Clan crushers:

@MooMoo(OD) @RickAstley(OD) @Jiraiya(OD) @GhostDog(OD) @Ray(OD) @CotDaniel(OD) @MineNotYour(OD) @snicker66

❤️ thanks purplez

its all good, just had to pick on you a little bit 😛 

@Purplez(OD) Im still leveling and gearing =D But i think next week ill be ready do Crush members =D

• Like 1

Ok Daniel, thanks for the update 🙂

On 7/16/2018 at 3:40 AM, MineNotYour(OD) said:

I Can get through Normal and Nightmare EZ atm. Then we can convert and I can finish on Expans. LMK @Purplez(OD)  Also best place to reach me is In Game.

If you convert before act 3 hell you will be stuck in nightmare expansion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jiraiya(OD) said:

If you convert before act 3 hell you will be stuck in nightmare expansion.

Very important to note, thanks Jiggy.  @MineNotYour(OD)

• Like 1

great! i hope i can lvl up a D2C char to help crush.

I can provide a free crush for members in need as well if you want to add me to the list, Cindy.

Updating Clan crushers to add @HO(OD) and @Beer(OD)   Wonderful group of rushers.  Thanks so much!