Sign in to follow this  
Dave(OD)

a Bad Case of altitis

Gee wiz i discovered that is if i did not know , i have a bad case of alt itis, this is the dread condition that the player makes alts.

i opened up one of my games a found that i have 42 alts.

Ain't it great.

• Like 1

I think you may be suffering from an addiction to alts @Dave(OD). :p

-Raged(OD):grin:

I fully support and believe in this disease, as well as support and offer interest to any cure of it.

i like making alts, not necessary to play but to have

You are what they call an alt hoarder!  lol

i do not understand hoarder, some times they hold a good name for later.

3 hours ago, Dave(OD) said:

i do not understand hoarder, some times they hold a good name for later.

I meant it in a good way :)  I pick up stuff and save it to share as well.  I call myself a hoarder because of so many mules like your so many alts.

i did not take it in a bad way , i am still giggling ,

I can relate on the name holding thing. :X

some time i think of a great name and have no way to save it so i put it on a alt for future use.

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the room.  The first step is admitting you have a problem. We so often times forget how to self-diagnose problems that stir our very core. I applaud the strength you have to realize this about yourself.  I just want you to know that you are in a safe place.  I myself have an alt problem.  Or should I say did at one time.  The key is to focus on the positive instead of the negative.  Though I have many alts, I work hard to keep all of them at the highest level possible, continually molding them into what I ultimately see as the final goal. I have felt the pain you have endured my friend.  I just want to remind you that this is a safe zone for everyone, and you too can find help.  Just like I did.  Just like I am currently doing.  

We greet you,

SupremeJester

well i been doing the alt thing for about 25 years , been gaming for about 40 years , currently trying to cut back the stable on star wars,

when they consolidated i found out haw many i really had , so i and moving mats , and money to the main od clans , i will be keeping 16 toons on the star forge server they are all lvl 70 (max lvl) i cover all of the jobs and all of the alignments. Think i got 10 alts on FF14 actively playing 2, also i have a full house on rift, and ESO, and aion. i dont want to be boarded .

i started this mess as a teenager  When i built my first game console, it a pong game i have been hooked ever since.

Posted (edited)

Did @SupremeJester make this an intervention!?

Welcome @Dave(OD), please take a seat. We’re all here because we love you...

Edited by CoffeeBean(OD)

On 5/18/2018 at 4:27 PM, CoffeeBean(OD) said:

Did @SupremeJester make this an intervention!?

Welcome @Dave(OD), please take a seat. We’re all here because we love you...

*sly grin*  I did.  Yes I did.  Now come on in and sit down.  What ails you friend? 

Posted (edited)

the forever to make the best character to play with , or having one of everything , boredom is having only socks that are black.

i dont believe it is a condition that can be cured, look at SWTOR i am down to 33 alts that is down from 44 alts. not only do we have alt toons but we have Alt guilds , in SWTOR we have 4 Guilds, even better to have a lot of alts. is it really a sickness, maybe it was something i ate. maybe we should start a poll to see what everyone else thinks.

Edited by Dave(OD)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave(OD) said:

the forever to make the best character to play with , or having one of everything , boredom is having only socks that are black.

i dont believe it is a condition that can be cured, look at SWTOR i am down to 33 alts that is down from 44 alts. not only do we have alt toons but we have Alt guilds , in SWTOR we have 4 Guilds, even better to have a lot of alts. is it really a sickness, maybe it was something i ate. maybe we should start a poll to see what everyone else thinks.

Haha, this is great. When I was on SWTOR I had maybe 4-5 alts and I thought I had a problem...

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2018 at 2:49 PM, SupremeJester said:

*sly grin*  I did.  Yes I did.  Now come on in and sit down.  What ails you friend? 

so i come in  and pick a seat and sit down. i think its called atlitis.

Edited by Dave(OD)