Sign in to follow this  
SnipeDragon(OD)

Changing the default forum theme!

Default forum theme  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Change Default from IPS Classic to Titan Black

The idea of changing the default theme on the forums was presented by @Disco and voted on in the Community Meeting.  Currently, the default theme is the default IPB classic theme that does not even closely match the aesthetic of the main website.  The suggested replacement was our new Titan Black theme.

Current:

od2.png

Titan Black:

od1.png

This vote passed unanimously in the community meeting, to be clear this would just change the default theme that would be shown when someone first visits the forums.  You would still be able manually change the theme to whatever you choose at the bottom of the forums:

b0507932fa8df86b851e7b43a1eeac6d.gif

If you would like to support this change, please vote on the poll attached to this thread.  If you have any questions, feel free to reply here.

Why not make it uniform for everyone, all of the time? One banner, zero confusion.

9 hours ago, CoffeeBean(OD) said:

Why not make it uniform for everyone, all of the time? One banner, zero confusion.

We have several themes and it is ultimately up to each user to decide which theme they wish to use.  We have a couple of light themes and several variations of dark, there really is no positive side to enforcing everyone into one theme, especially when a few of these themes have been paid for by members.

If you are asking about the banner at the top of the forums, well, what looks good on a light theme does not necessarily look good on a dark theme and vice versa.

I like having a choice, so I agree with SnipeDragon.

3 hours ago, SnipeDragon(OD) said:

We have several themes and it is ultimately up to each user to decide which theme they wish to use.  We have a couple of light themes and several variations of dark, there really is no positive side to enforcing everyone into one theme, especially when a few of these themes have been paid for by members.

If you are asking about the banner at the top of the forums, well, what looks good on a light theme does not necessarily look good on a dark theme and vice versa.

That makes sense. I guess I’ve gotten used to the IPS Classic, and wouldn’t like to be forced to change. I’m pretty sure it’s the same, if not really close, to what it was back in 2003. 

I retract my my earlier statement, I’m a dummy

Titan Black is now the new default forum theme.

looks good. good work!

Posted (edited)

nice new clean theme. 👍

Edited by Sil3NtKilL(OD)