Jump to content
SnipeDragon(OD)

Community Meeting 4/7/2018 8 PM CST

Recommended Posts

The next Community Meeting is scheduled for next Saturday 4/7/2018 at 8 PM CST.  If you have a topic that you would like to bring forward to the community in attendance, please reply to this thread with a brief description of what you would like to discuss and I will add it to the list.

 

This meeting will be hosted in round table format, rank is left at the door when you join and as many people as possible will have the opportunity to voice their opinion on a topic.  For keeping this meeting timely, I may step in and move discussion to the next topic after 10-15 minutes.

 

You are welcome to come and go as you please, however you will not have the ability to speak unless you have the floor, this is to ensure that whoever is speaking can be heard.

 

Community Meeting Rules

1) Be respectful of those who are talking, if multiple people have the floor, let whoever is speaking finish before speaking yourself.

2) If you do not have the opportunity to voice your opinion on a topic, a thread will be created for each topic after the meeting to further discussion.

3) If I, or another host, step in to move discussion to another topic, please do not complain.  (See Rule #2)

4) By joining the meeting and speaking, you are agreeing to being recorded and to having the recording posted for other community members to listen to.

5) All OD rules apply.

 

4/7 Community Meeting Agenda

Topics may move around based on presenter availability.

  • Introductions
  • Ideas for Future Community Events
  • Web Developer Segment ( Hikato(OD) )
  • OD Newsletter and Interviews, Lack of Use ( Disco(OD) )
  • OD Social Media ( MelodocRose(OD) )
  • Switching default forum theme from IPS Classic to Titan Black. ( Disco(OD) )
  • Retention Statistics ( X(OD) )
  • Open Floor for Questions and Answers about the Community.
  • Conclusion
Edited by SnipeDragon(OD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to it!!! 

Meeting will be held on Teamspeak or Discord?

P.S You should probably send a massive PM to everyone that way we can probably get more ppl (Hope to see lots of members).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure ill be there!

I could bring up a few points regarding these topics, as I have a few questions/concerns/discussion regarding them

 

1) OD Newsletter (lack of updates/use)

2) Interviews (lack of updates/use)

3) Medals (recognition of new members, and the Diplomatic medal now that the clan alliances tab is no more and theres no real info on how people can attain it these days)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ~

 

I brought this up to my members in FFXIV, so hopefully this'll strike some interest to them.

 

I'd also like to bring up OD social media and some reminders that it does exist and we are using it :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like fun!  If I did my math correctly, CST is 2 hours behind PST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Disco said:

Sure ill be there!

I could bring up a few points regarding these topics, as I have a few questions/concerns/discussion regarding them

 

1) OD Newsletter (lack of updates/use)

2) Interviews (lack of updates/use)

3) Medals (recognition of new members, and the Diplomatic medal now that the clan alliances tab is no more and theres no real info on how people can attain it these days)

 

 

 

19 hours ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

Hello ~

 

I brought this up to my members in FFXIV, so hopefully this'll strike some interest to them.

 

I'd also like to bring up OD social media and some reminders that it does exist and we are using it :P

 Some great topics to bring up! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Sounds like fun!  If I did my math correctly, CST is 2 hours behind PST.

 

Should be 2 hours ahead of PST. 

8 PM CST = 9 PM EST | 7 PM MST | 6 PM PST

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

 

 Some great topics to bring up! :)

 

All of these except for the medals have been added to the agenda.  The medals are being covered in the web development segment I believe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Spencer said, Medals will indeed be covered in the web dev segment.  You all will not be disappointed. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2018 at 12:27 AM, MelodicRose(OD) said:

Hello ~

 

I brought this up to my members in FFXIV, so hopefully this'll strike some interest to them.

 

I'd also like to bring up OD social media and some reminders that it does exist and we are using it :P

I’m curious as to what is going on in the social media piece. I guess I’m a dinosaur because I only use FB, but I found a page that didn’t look to active. I’ll try to be there to just hang out in the back and listen 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to also see during the meeting if theres an interest in changing the default theme of the forums from the IPS4 classic skin to the Titan black theme with the clean logo.

It would be better for first time visitors to be greeted by a clean UI and a more modern looking forum site, and possibly aid with retention and continued use of the forums. I have attached 2 screenshots of the first thing you see as a visitor to the forum, and i think its pretty clear that the default one isnt as clean!

 

 

od2.png

od1.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Disco I myself like your suggestion for the change of forum skin. I'm excited to attend this meeting to see what everyone has to say on the topics mentioned. See you all there! :happy:

 

-Raged(OD):grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really going to try and make this meeting, but life may get in the way. If I make it, I’d like to throw in the issue of the owner the OD clan tag on SC2. I’ve searched the forums and the only thing I’ve seen is Korhals nephew owns it? I’ve PMed him but it looks like this issue may have already been raised.

 

Id like to recruit on SC2, but looks really sloppy when we can’t issue the notorious “OD” clan tag. 

 

Contacting Blizzard doesn’t seem to help, at least that’s what I’ve seen on the Blizzard forums with clans having the same problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like @Disco suggestion on the skin.  It makes it more uniform with the main web page, even though I will always prefer purple lol, the black is more consistent.  I know that the web developers have discussed this and it may or may not be something coming in the future, but I just wish there was a way when you registered for the main webpage, it automatically registered you for this forum.  There is so much information available here and another way for members to express themselves.  I hope to make the community meeting as well.  My brand new headset made me sound like an alien on TS this morning and then it just quit working, so back to the store lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Disco said:

Would love to also see during the meeting if theres an interest in changing the default theme of the forums from the IPS4 classic skin to the Titan black theme with the clean logo.

It would be better for first time visitors to be greeted by a clean UI and a more modern looking forum site, and possibly aid with retention and continued use of the forums. I have attached 2 screenshots of the first thing you see as a visitor to the forum, and i think its pretty clear that the default one isnt as clean!

 

 

od2.png

od1.png

 

This has been added to the agenda.

 

4 hours ago, CoffeeBean(OD) said:

I’m really going to try and make this meeting, but life may get in the way. If I make it, I’d like to throw in the issue of the owner the OD clan tag on SC2. I’ve searched the forums and the only thing I’ve seen is Korhals nephew owns it? I’ve PMed him but it looks like this issue may have already been raised.

 

Id like to recruit on SC2, but looks really sloppy when we can’t issue the notorious “OD” clan tag. 

 

Contacting Blizzard doesn’t seem to help, at least that’s what I’ve seen on the Blizzard forums with clans having the same problem.

 

I believe Tris still holds leader for one of the main assets, however I think the original 'OD' tag may be lost to us.  We can try to get it back, but if the current holder does not want to give it to us, we will just need to explore other options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may have missed the answer to this, but will there be a transcript somewhere after the meeting? I will be unable to attend but would love to follow along and be aware of what went on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SnipeDragon, is it too late to propose a topic? I have something I have been working on in my spare time I'd like to show you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely going to try and make this. Should be quite interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KittyFour(OD) said:

I may have missed the answer to this, but will there be a transcript somewhere after the meeting? I will be unable to attend but would love to follow along and be aware of what went on.

 

The meeting will be recorded so that anyone who misses it can listen in at a more convenient time for themselves.  The recording will be made available immediately after the meeting.

 

 

5 hours ago, X(OD) said:

SnipeDragon, is it too late to propose a topic? I have something I have been working on in my spare time I'd like to show you.

 

 

It will only be too late to propose a topic once the meeting actually starts, I will send you a PM and look forward to seeing what you have come up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the recording going to be posted in the thread?  I'm sorry to have missed the meeting.  I just got the days mixed up and signed on on Sunday in time for it to be told I had missed it.  So now I'm looking for the recording.  I hope to make the next one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 5:25 PM, Purplez(OD) said:

Is the recording going to be posted in the thread?  I'm sorry to have missed the meeting.  I just got the days mixed up and signed on on Sunday in time for it to be told I had missed it.  So now I'm looking for the recording.  I hope to make the next one.

Anybody ever find the recording to post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interested in having another one June 9th or 10th? It would mean 2 months since the last meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to attend one since I missed the last one.  I also never was able to get a hold of a recording.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 10:41 PM, Purplez(OD) said:

I'd love to attend one since I missed the last one.  I also never was able to get a hold of a recording.  :(

Oh snap.. I knew I forgot to do something.

 

Remind me and I'll get you a copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×