Sign in to follow this  
Raged(OD)

Reading old forum posts.

Does anyone ever look at really old forum posts that they made on here? I was just reading a bunch from 2004 - 2006, and it was a funny, and terrible experience all at the same time lol. It made me feel a little embarassed of my younger self haha. 

-Raged(OD)😁

Not many of us were around then. Same for me, though. I was a much angrier back then.

• Like 1

When I want to laugh at myself, I link people to the post I made about terra and ARK lol. I was such an idiot. Still am, but less so (i think) xD.

• Like 1

Yeah those were good times.

I actually go back and read old posts from time to time fairly often, both mine and others. There's some good memories on here.

• Like 1

I've come to the conclusion it's best I don't. lol

• Like 2

Oh but good sir, those memories are priceless...

On 12/5/2008 at 7:09 PM, icarus(OD) said:

Bartender: I WILL SHOOT YOU BITCH

Bartender: UNBAN ME NOW

icarus: i dont know if i can

Bartender: you can

Bartender: cause i said so

Bartender: now what

Bartender: bitch

icarus: rofl and calling me bitch is going to motivate me?

Bartender: yes

Bartender: =D

Bartender: you're icarus

Bartender: you not-being-able-to-type-one-fucking-post-without-a-fucking-typo guy you!

Bartender: no but really

Bartender: i dont even remember

Bartender: rofl

icarus: ask KM hes a gen he can do it

Bartender: from the d2 vent chans?

Bartender: he cant do that

Bartender: DO IT YOU BITCH ASS BITCH

• Like 1

Oh Icarus, I miss that guy.  He was such a great troll, we went round and round.  Such a good guy, though.

• Like 1

Yeah I miss him too. He was a funny guy lol. @Terra were you around in '08? I see your recruitment date is in 2011 so I wasn't sure if you had another alias or not. :happy:

-Raged(OD)😁

No I wasn't around in 08, not in Overdosed anyway. I wasn't even around for very long in 2011 either. It wasn't until I came back in 2014 that I really stuck around. But I've read a lot of posts on the forum from years before my time, mostly to get an understanding of what OD was like previously and how it has changed over time, as well as to look into the kind of trials and problems past administration has had, and how they dealt with it. (Naturally included an awful lot of Bartender)

So no, not that oldschool, but at this point even 2014 and 2015 feel like an age ago.

• Like 1

My forums past is kind of dull and boring :|

It's fun to look back at the old shit. Feels like a lifetime ago. I know I'm definitely a different person than I used to be. Same personality traits but really mellowed out with age, kinda weird. If I still had forum mod, I'd go necro bump the Starcraft LEGO thread again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowWhite said:

It's fun to look back at the old shit. Feels like a lifetime ago. I know I'm definitely a different person than I used to be. Same personality traits but really mellowed out with age, kinda weird. If I still had forum mod, I'd go necro bump the Starcraft LEGO thread again.

I think people were more afraid than you than they were of BigBaller.  Do you think that would differ now? :P

8 hours ago, SnowWhite said:

Aw, it's hard getting old isn't it? In your youth you could troll half the clan in a day, now you can only manage a couple trolls every few months. Just don't have that drama queen spark anymore.

This the topic you were talking about?

7 hours ago, Terra said:

Just don't have that drama queen spark anymore.

Let's not test that theory. :P

6 minutes ago, Hikato said:

Let's not test that theory. :P

This was Tyler's 666th post.  He is now banned from posting for a minimum period of 1 week.  May we all have a slightly more peaceful week than we otherwise would have had.  :devil:

I enjoy spending a few hours a week looking through old posts, its fun to see how far I, and we as a community have progressed both as a group and individually over the last several years.

On 3/6/2018 at 4:19 PM, Terra said:

So no, not that oldschool, but at this point even 2014 and 2015 feel like an age ago.

To be fair, almost no other oldschool clan is still around, and even today, gaming groups pop up, last 3 months and then die.  Being here for the 4-ish years you have been active is a lifetime in the eyes of the gamers whose only experience are they popup-and-die communities.

• Upvote 1

That's true. It's also the longest I've ever been part of any Clan or guild as well. And as you know, I've been part of quite a few.

I don’t have any old posts on OD’s forum.  But With my current move I found found a notebook where I had 3 pages of A Diplomacy Squad breakdown. How the squad should be broken down, goals, and sections to create for a forum. I hand wrote the whole thing out!  It was for LE I do believe. A clan I think @Terra was a part of it as well.

I sure was. Clan LE was supposed to be Danny's remake of LJ that would last until the release of SC2. The name of the Clan, Legion of Eminentia, was actually my suggestion.

@Terra @SupremeJester That's a pretty cool name for a clan. I actually never heard of Clan LE. When were they active? 

-Raged(OD)😁

Active in 2009 I believe, the year before SC2 first came out, and one of the last Clans on the old battle.net that shared the same archetype as OD has. Sadly the Clan was relatively short-lived, I think it lasted 6 - 8 months, so it isn't surprising that you didn't hear of it. It died the same way all other classic battle.net Clans died, the original battle.net and its games became too old and the low influx of new users to it made recruitment too sparse to sustain a community. Though you wouldn't think it to look at our D2 Division nowadays (which by itself is actually bigger than 90% of the Clans from that era of Clanning), and there is probably an explanation behind that but as of so far I'm not precisely certain on what that explanation is.

Anyway, yeah, cool name but nothing really noteworthy about the Clan itself. It was more a product of Danny having troubles letting go of past glory than of any true semblance of a community in itself. I was there simply because I had nowhere else to go at the time.

Ohhh yeah I wasn't actively gaming from late 2008 until I think some time in 2011. Back then I was pretty wild, and didn't really care about anything except partying. Thankfully I'm new changed person these days. :happy: That is sad about all of the battle.net clans. It seems like it was only a couple years ago that there were a ton of them spamming the Clan Recruitment channel with bots.

-Raged(OD)😁

7 hours ago, Terra said:

Active in 2009 I believe, the year before SC2 first came out, and one of the last Clans on the old battle.net that shared the same archetype as OD has. Sadly the Clan was relatively short-lived, I think it lasted 6 - 8 months, so it isn't surprising that you didn't hear of it. It died the same way all other classic battle.net Clans died, the original battle.net and its games became too old and the low influx of new users to it made recruitment too sparse to sustain a community. Though you wouldn't think it to look at our D2 Division nowadays (which by itself is actually bigger than 90% of the Clans from that era of Clanning), and there is probably an explanation behind that but as of so far I'm not precisely certain on what that explanation is.

Anyway, yeah, cool name but nothing really noteworthy about the Clan itself. It was more a product of Danny having troubles letting go of past glory than of any true semblance of a community in itself. I was there simply because I had nowhere else to go at the time.

Now that you say Eminentia, I remember it maybe a little too well.  That is where we quit talking because of my poor taste in humor at the time.  

Also the Diplo Squad I was setting up seemed to segregate the clan into different teams to create competition between each other (I think this was the idea because we couldn't find other people to play with.)

This was a last ditch effort to save something that was fading fast.  I think we were swamped by someone taking over the forums and a few other things of the coding matters that we couldn't resolve and it died out like the rest of them.  

7 hours ago, Raged(OD) said:

That is sad about all of the battle.net clans. It seems like it was only a couple years ago that there were a ton of them spamming the Clan Recruitment channel with bots.

-Raged(OD)😁

No this thing needed to die.  It's kind of like a fight scene where the fighter refuses to give up...except the will to keep standing finally just disappeared.  There was a lot of clique-ish stuff happening, talking behind peoples backs, and people not living up to what they said they would do which I'm sure I am one of those people.  

5 hours ago, SupremeJester said:

Now that you say Eminentia, I remember it maybe a little too well.  That is where we quit talking because of my poor taste in humor at the time.

What was this? I don't even remember that.

4 hours ago, Terra said:

What was this? I don't even remember that.

I have a screen shot I'll send to you.  Looking at it, the post was from LJ (Lethal Injection). Of course you knew that, but others didn't.