dizzy

gamers lounge squad

yeah so i dont really post in forums much but i signed up for this cuz i also feel strongly about it.. i gotta agree with Links. i see ppl like DBZ Pops Triny and other gens working hard busting their ass for a specific division while some ppl just sit in gamers lounge 24/7 and dont participate with the main clan games

srry Terra and other gamers lounge ppl but this gif kinda sums up my feelinfs and other peoples too

giphy.gif

Just because they are of high rank (assuming that's what you mean here since you particularly point out generals) doesn't mean they are required to play the main games that can be found in OD. Many of the users that are consistently found in Gamers' Lounge don't have a main game and don't have an interest (or the money tbh) to involve themselves in the main games that are offered. The Gamers' Lounge offers a place for people who don't have main games to come together and play things that aren't a squad or a division.. and that they don't personally want to make into a squad or a division. It's a little escape from all of the craziness that happens within the divisions and just because they are down there doesn't mean they do not do anything in OD itself, thus making your little.. GIF/meme thing extremely inaccurate and kind of insulting. Generals handle things that we cannot see, they are always working on things that don't particularly relate to gaming. I don't understand why the little place that people without a game can go to is being questioned. I used to hang out alot there before I took on FFXIV, because where else would I go? 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

Just because they are of high rank (assuming that's what you mean here since you particularly point out generals) doesn't mean they are required to play the main games that can be found in OD. Many of the users that are consistently found in Gamers' Lounge don't have a main game and don't have an interest (or the money tbh) to involve themselves in the main games that are offered. The Gamers' Lounge offers a place for people who don't have main games to come together and play things that aren't a squad or a division.. and that they don't personally want to make into a squad or a division. It's a little escape from all of the craziness that happens within the divisions and just because they are down there doesn't mean they do not do anything in OD itself, thus making your little.. GIF/meme thing extremely inaccurate and kind of insulting. Generals handle things that we cannot see, they are always working on things that don't particularly relate to gaming. I don't understand why the little place that people without a game can go to is being questioned. I used to hang out alot there before I took on FFXIV, because where else would I go? 

Yea i get what you mean but i dont get it. Some ppl sit at their thrones at the top and do menial tasks while other gens who work so hard in their game dont get more support. why must u be 5* or any star to sit in a ts channel by urself or with 3 friends and thats it and never associate outside of that room with anyone else.im not tryin to be a dick here i just dont get it. how do gamers lounge ppl do more for overdosed to justify tjeir rank when u compare the volume of work a gen does in d2 vs a gamers lounge person? not fair.

3 minutes ago, dizzy said:

Yea i get what you mean but i dont get it. Some ppl sit at their thrones at the top and do menial tasks while other gens who work so hard in their game dont get more support. why must u be 5* or any star to sit in a ts channel by urself or with 3 friends and thats it and never associate outside of that room with anyone else.im not tryin to be a dick here i just dont get it. how do gamers lounge ppl do more for overdosed to justify tjeir rank when u compare the volume of work a gen does in d2 vs a gamers lounge person? not fair.

I these 5* people do ALOT of work behind the scenes. And they do associate with people elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

I these 5* people do ALOT of work behind the scenes. And they do associate with people elsewhere. 

i appreciate what aer and badboi do, plz identify the last time u saw this 5* out of gamers lounge in another game channel for more than 15 mins tops in the last 2 months. meeting dont  count. it jst doesnt happen.

Ne way i dont want to start a flame war im just saying when u look at it things dont add up.

4 minutes ago, dizzy said:

i appreciate what aer and badboi do, plz identify the last time u saw this 5* out of gamers lounge in another game channel for more than 15 mins tops in the last 2 months. meeting dont  count. it jst doesnt happen.

Ne way i dont want to start a flame war im just saying when u look at it things dont add up.

For someone who isn't interested enough in the community to sign-up on the website, you sure do seem fascinated with specifically one individual.

Given your seeming fascination with Commanders needing to be held accountable for their rank, I would have expected a post from you much sooner in the "Commanders need to be Evaluated" thread.  You claim this thread is to voice your support for Link's topic but it seems more like somewhere you want to air dirty laundry with @Terra instead.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Altros(OD) said:

For someone who isn't interested enough in the community to sign-up on the website, you sure do seem fascinated with specifically one individual.

Given your seeming fascination with Commanders needing to be held accountable for their rank, I would have expected a post from you much sooner in the "Commanders need to be Evaluated" thread.  You claim this thread is to voice your support for Link's topic but it seems more like somewhere you want to air dirty laundry with @Terra instead.

im just enlisted and i want it to stay that way. i dont have anything personal against this Commander but i notice things and see things and hear things from ppl

U arenr innocent either. U sit at a posh officer rank but never leave gamers lounge... why do u dislike the community and ignore us? we would be ur friends but some are too good to hop up and talk. the clan is divided...

26 minutes ago, dizzy said:

Aerineth is consistently with ODFFXIV on the OD Discord and makes efforts to converse with people in both D2 and D3 as well. Terra is active within the Rules Committee, helps lead Admin Meetings, and has also offered her insight and assistance in FFXIV. Your "It just doesnt happen" is not valid. 

10 minutes ago, dizzy said:

im just enlisted and i want it to stay that way. i dont have anything personal against this Commander but i notice things and see things and hear things from ppl

U arenr innocent either. U sit at a posh officer rank but never leave gamers lounge... why do u dislike the community and ignore us? we would be ur friends but some are too good to hop up and talk. the clan is divided...

A "posh" officer rank that is very easy to obtain without a whole lot of effort. People are forcefully pushed up to Officer rank, it's not "posh" at all. It's not about disliking the community, but why on Earth would we sit in a channel with people discussing a game that we don't even play, just to sit there? We have nothing valuable to offer input, and not much interest in the other games. It's not at ALL about being "too good" or "disliking the community," and jesus we aren't ignoring anyone. Anyone is welcome to hop down to Gamers' Lounge too. I think you're looking way too far into this and finding excuses to call out people on invalid purposes.. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dizzy said:

There is no member on the website by the name of Dizzy, nor has there ever been according to the logs.

Posh...?  So you want to stay enlisted but refer to officer as posh?  Sounds to me like you consider officer rank to be better than enlisted, presenting an interesting disconnect between this statement and your previous statement.

Anyway, that's enough of entertaining the straw man argument.

Here's a question I'll pose.  You say that you notice things and see things and hear things from people.  Furthermore, you have called out a specific commander multiple times in this thread that you claim isn't about that commander.  Have you ever attempted to reach out to this commander to ask what it is they do?  Have you tried to reach out to other higher ranked members that you respect and have named in this thread as well to find out what this commander does?  I can tell you that it's far from nothing.  But don't take my word for it.  Ask @Triny(OD) or @DBZ(OD) or @PoPs(OD) or @Aerineth(OD) or @Badboi(OD).  Heck, go look up Terra's last evaluation thread to see that she has the full support of the higher ranked members that you respect.  This support isn't for nothing.

A higher ranking member's job is to make sure the clan doesn't implode or fall apart, it is not to be everyone's friend.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dizzy said:

How about this? You be the good one and hop down and meet them. One of the games that gets played a lot in the gamers lounge casually is Rocket League; buy it, download it and come play and talk to those people.

Your attitude is extremely self centric and arrogant;;, the commander needs to go meet you, the commanderneeds to put in the effort so you are pleased ,the commander needs to be the one to leave their channel. You seem to forget this is a gaming clan, and it is well within the right of ANY member to quietly play games with whoever they choose. That said, you also are a new member and enlisted at that without access to either the general boards or officer board. You accuse without evidence.

Also, you seem to misunderstand the job of a commander. A commander is responsible to the clan before a division. They still can do both, but duty is to clan before divisions. This commander's responsibilities are not to be leading a division, but to be protecting and bettering the clan,. They do not include meeting every member or being everyone's friend.

57 minutes ago, dizzy said:

Do tell, what is the workload of someone in the gamers lounge? How about you also tell me what I have done to deserve Sr officer? Do you even know me bruh?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

altros this is not appropriate officer behavior imo. im trying to have a discussion and u bring in collegiate level debate tactics and other condescending things at me. if u want a formal debate ill give u one on ne topic in water cooler. Bring ur trapper keeper cuz im gonna take u to school college boy.

so what im being told is that its the common members responsibility to be around and be a leader not the leaders being leaders and taking initiative. what kinda bs is that?

i just dont see how u can be an effective leader playing rocket league 24/7 while d2 ppl work hard every day. we have a talent recognition problem.

lets wait and see how terra can explain this behavior and not interacting with gamers outsjde of the gamer lounge. thank you.

It's possible you don't know what I do because you've only had a forum account for 6 hours.

I have personally played D2 with Pops, Triny and Sassy.  I've been in the D2 channel with alot of people, but can't say I've ever been to the gamer's lounge.  I've also been on TS, D2 channel with those same people as well as many others.  As I told another returning member who as pushing hard for professional gamers.  Instead of trying to start a huge drama, stand up and do something to help the community.  As for the commanders, when you perform the administrative duties they do voluntarily do, I am sure they play games with people of the community at the odd hours they have after they finish the tedious, thankless job of administering to people that try to break down something good, like Clan OD.  So quit crying and calling out people and show us what YOU personally have to contribute.

What a shit show, lol.

altros this is not appropriate officer behavior imo. im trying to have a discussion and u bring in collegiate level debate tactics and other condescending things at me. if u want a formal debate ill give u one on ne topic in water cooler. Bring ur trapper keeper cuz im gonna take u to school college boy.

So basically, you want to have a discussion but you don't want the discussion to be held to any quality standards.  Basically, this thread isn't actually to have a productive discussion but instead is meant to be a place to sling biases around without the need for legitimate justification.  (PS: nice ad hominem.)

so what im being told is that its the common members responsibility to be around and be a leader not the leaders being leaders and taking initiative. what kinda bs is that?

No.  What you're being told is that if member A wants to get to know member B then it is the job of member A to go to member B.  Member B is under no obligation to go to member A.

i just dont see how u can be an effective leader playing rocket league 24/7 while d2 ppl work hard every day. we have a talent recognition problem.

I'm amazed you know so much about Terra that you can say she does nothing but play rocket league 24/7.  Who are you exactly?  Pretty hard to tell under the false forum name.

lets wait and see how terra can explain this behavior and not interacting with gamers outsjde of the gamer lounge. thank you.

Looks like senpai noticed you.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, dizzy said:

How is a clan of 400+ divided because a 5-6 people want to talk and play together?  I am not in their group of players, but am not ignored when I stop by and visit to play games with them.

13 minutes ago, dizzy said:

If that is the case, Elon Musk is doing a terrible job if he doesn't reach out to every single person of Tesla/SpaceX/etc.  The problem with that argument is that, while not SpaceX or Tesla, Overdosed is well established.  Making sure this place runs is the focus of the Commanders (and Generals), and they don't have to talk with everyone to do so.  Diablo 2 users work hard because they want to better their division.  I see Terra (since you are targeting her) and plenty of other members actively working in ways to better the community so there is such a place to put in effort.

Edited by Hikato

ya dizzy isn't my name duh friend told me id get kicked out if i didnt post anonymous. look sorry to get some of u mad but i just wanted to tell u what some of us see. its weird to me cuz u have a leader of a gaming clan who doesnt game with the ppl.. ok, whatev. im just gonna game and not use the forums again thanks for listening

7 minutes ago, dizzy said:

ya dizzy isn't my name duh friend told me id get kicked out if i didnt post anonymous. look sorry to get some of u mad but i just wanted to tell u what some of us see. its weird to me cuz u have a leader of a gaming clan who doesnt game with the ppl.. ok, whatev. im just gonna game and not use the forums again thanks for listening

No ones gonna kick you for having this opinion lol. People might disagree and you might lose a few pints in thier books, but as long as you dont break the rules, which this post doesnt, you are fine

You have come here to post with one purpose, to stir things up, and cause trouble.   If you wish to see Terra leave that channel you should see when she comes to mine where we hide out together to discuss clan things.

She does so much behind the scenes that most don't see, she almost always available and ready to stop what shes doing (normally gaming) to help anyone, of all the people you choose to target you seem to have an agenda with Terra.

• Upvote 1

I'm beginning to think Terra is the Obama of online clanning: everyone blames her for things she didn't even do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dizzy said:

I..  What?

946ef3997e5bcef89ef338e25c9c6085.png

That blue OD icon?  That stands for OD Community.  It is for any member of OD to use at their pleasure.  Members of the Community typically play one or multiple games that are not currently a Squad or Division within the clan.  They contribute through different ways that being a part of a single division.  This can be through their leadership when needed, through monitoring OD services (Forums/TS/Discord) etc.  Just because a member is not part of a 'Main Game' division, does not mean they do nothing to contribute towards the clan.  Quite the contrary.

You specifically call out the Gamer's Lounge, but the Lounge is an open channel, who anyone (you as well) is more than welcome to join.  I have joined a couple of times since returning and have always been invited to play whatever game they are playing that night.

As you advance through OD, you learn to first trust the leaders you fall under and then, eventually, to trust the leaders you have responsibility over.  A Commander does not need to be present in D2 all the time because of the phenomenal job that the ODD2 Leadership does with their division. Its also unreasonable to expect every leader to play every game that the community supports, it just isn't feasible to invest time across so many platforms while also keeping up with their own responsibilities.

I don't know why you thought that posting under your real name would get you banned, that just isn't true.  Maybe it would have happened years ago, but the OD of today respects the opinions of everyone and you wouldn't be crapped on for voicing yours.  It is sort of difficult to address an issue though when you hide yourself behind a false name and don't step up to take responsibility for your own opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Terra said:

I-just-came-by-to-see-who-thinks-this-is

I was quite literally going to post that same picture but didn't. Lol.

@Dizzy not to burst your bubble here bud and while I do appreciate you taking the time to look at my material, I never intended it to be a point fingers match. My topic is more on the condition of "What are we doing in OD that can be changed in order to see better results regarding competitive game play?" and "How can we take competitive players to newer and farther heights?" 

While I disagree with the creation of "The Gamer's Lounge" I understand why it was created, and my talking points go from there.

Terra, Badboi, DBZ, POPS, Triny, are all solid players and avid members of OD that contribute A LOT of their time to OD. While I think more could be done, I cannot ask just any one of them to take on a role more than what they are already doing without their consent. Basically put, when people tell me to do something on my own, It's quite insulting, because then that makes me feel like they want me to do EVERYTHING. 

What we need to focus on, is direction and sometimes helping your leaders find that direction is what makes you recognizable as a good leader too. 

I have gone too far in some scenarios, and a lot of that comes from the heat of debate, but don't let that sway you from a goal you want to see happen, especially in OD.

Stuff doesn't happen overnight, but igniting the fire that starts it, definitely gets things going.

1 hour ago, Links(OD) said:

Stuff doesn't happen overnight, but igniting the fire that starts it, definitely gets things going.

Well said Links....and you have started a good conversation here. Some talking points and thats how it all begins