AOL

The return

Well, after over a year of being on the fence and figuring out what I want, I will make good on my promise to some and be a more active poster and work my way towards being re-enabled. I've struggled for a long time with alcohol, but I believe I have finally conquered what I consider to be the biggest challenge I have ever faced, but I did not come out unscathed. I lost a lot of pride, made a clown of myself in real life, in OD, and other groups. It may be a challenge to earn the trust of some for awhile, although this is to be expected.

I waited because I wanted to be sure I was in the right place and state of mind. I don't want a repeat of the past, nor do I want to look like a nut job. No more drinking and making stupid mistakes, no more saying stupid things that make myself and others cringe. I am in a much better place now, my first bachelors degree level job with amazing benefits where I am treated with respect and value. I obtained this position a number of months ago and have been successful at it so far, and this motivates me more and more to not let the past repeat itself. I no longer feel upset, disappointed, or like a failure to myself. This will allow me to be a far more productive person with a level head as the substances have been gone from the picture for awhile now.

I see it as the opportunity to get to know the real me at my best. A guy who is substance free, enjoys kidding around like anyone else, and can have a good time without the drama and theatrics. I look forward to getting to know you all again, whether we have met or not. It's going to be great! I am optimistic for the future.

Thank you to those who believe in me,

Paul

Welcome back to OD :) I don't think I have met you before, but I have seen your name around some.. not enough to know about you though. I wish you luck in your future and congrats on conquering your challenges in aims of bettering yourself. I respect you for being able to do something that I can only imagine the difficulty of.

See you around :)

A post that was a long time coming. I hope that you keep to your word and continue to come around again. We've recently been going through a period of having older members coming back to us. Members that for better or worse left the community for reasons of their own or otherwise. I'm very interested to see what you decide to do within the community going forward. I've heard much about you since I joined 2 years ago. But, I've obviously never got to see you in action. 

It takes guts to be as blunt with your problems as you were here. I respect that. I hope to see you keep coming back around. 

You know where to find me on Teamspeak. Let's talk when you have the chance :D

I'm glad you made the decision while in a place where you had control. I look forward to seeing the fruit of said decision.  

im estatic getting the old crew back together

Alcoholism is a terrible disease to overcome.  I applaud you!  Remember one day at a time.  Life is so precious, don't waste it.  Welcome back and let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Another alcoholic in recovery?( 8 months on the 11th off the drink)  you 12 step or figure out something else I started 12 stepping out of Detox, did 60 days in a "rehab facility" and still ended up back on the Drink, But now a days I just d3 and take care of the guys and time you feeling a craving Im usually 10 feet from my pc or on my ps4 ( when not at work ) and have No problem talking anyone out of punishing their body.

Edited by TypeReaL(OD)

11 hours ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

Welcome back to OD :) I don't think I have met you before, but I have seen your name around some.. not enough to know about you though. I wish you luck in your future and congrats on conquering your challenges in aims of bettering yourself. I respect you for being able to do something that I can only imagine the difficulty of.

See you around :)

Hey, thanks for that. I'm one if the old school guys who's kind of been in the clanning scene since the early 2000s, and surprisingly there are still a few others like myself who have been around that whole time (maybe not here the whole time but around.) I'm sure you'll get to know me soon enough, I'm always hopping around teamspeak and talking to people whether I'm in their division or not. :)

1 hour ago, TypeReaL(OD) said:

Another alcoholic in recovery?( 8 months on the 11th off the drink)  you 12 step or figure out something else I started 12 stepping out of Detox, did 60 days in a "rehab facility" and still ended up back on the Drink, But now a days I just d3 and take care of the guys and time you feeling a craving Im usually 10 feet from my pc or on my ps4 ( when not at work ) and have No problem talking anyone out of punishing their body.

Yeah, it's been a real nuisance to get a handle on. Once I got rid of the physical addiction of it it wasn't nearly as bad going forward. I've been in treatment twice since I left OD awhile back. Thankfully a lot of my drinking was because of how unhappy and disappointed I was in life, my job at the time, ect. I've taken a lot of steps to rectify those problems and now I don't really have much desire to do it, even though I had previously been downing a liter of 40% vodka a day. I don't miss throwing up every day, I know that much.

4 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Alcoholism is a terrible disease to overcome.  I applaud you!  Remember one day at a time.  Life is so precious, don't waste it.  Welcome back and let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Thanks, if I see you on teamspeak I'll stop and say hello.

5 hours ago, ChrisSpeck(OD) said:

im estatic getting the old crew back together

Just like old times, except we are new and improved versions of ourselves!

10 hours ago, Azhriel(OD) said:

You know where to find me on Teamspeak. Let's talk when you have the chance :D

I'm glad you made the decision while in a place where you had control. I look forward to seeing the fruit of said decision.  

Thanks old friend, I'll talk to you when I see you again.

11 hours ago, Xayj(OD) said:

A post that was a long time coming. I hope that you keep to your word and continue to come around again. We've recently been going through a period of having older members coming back to us. Members that for better or worse left the community for reasons of their own or otherwise. I'm very interested to see what you decide to do within the community going forward. I've heard much about you since I joined 2 years ago. But, I've obviously never got to see you in action. 

It takes guts to be as blunt with your problems as you were here. I respect that. I hope to see you keep coming back around. 

Thanks, I don't like to talk about that stuff often because I don't like to be looked at like I have a problem or that I'm a weak guy, but I kind of owed it to the members to know what's changed about me and why things are different now than they were back then. 

Its not who you are underneath , but what you do that defines you.... I wrote that on my wall when I got sober it helps me alot when Im having doubts