Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Terra

Squad of the Month

Recommended Posts

Squad of the Month

Squad of the month is a new initiative that the OD community is offering to help Squad leaders generate attention for their Squad. Any Squad looking to become a Division is allowed to request to be Squad of the Month, and their application will be determined in the next Admin Meeting. If approved, that Squad will have their Teamspeak channel featured at the top of Teamspeak for one month.

 

This is intended to help Squads push towards Division status by making it easier for their new recruits to find their Teamspeak channel, and by promoting awareness of the game by placing it in an area where all members of the Clan are more likely to see it. To request Squad of the Month you must:

 

1. Be an existing Squad already on the website

2. Intend to make your Squad a Division and be willing to use Squad of the Month as an opportunity to drive towards that goal

 

Any Squad wishing to apply for Squad of the Month may reply to this topic, please include the name of your Squad, its leaders (Commander and XO) and your plans on how to make it into a Division using Squad of the Month (i.e. The days you plan to focus on recruitment, events you have in mind, etc.)

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Previous Squads of the Month

Magic: The Gathering - December 2017

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a good plan for better awareness.  I remember how lost I was when I first joined, especially on how to use TeamSpeak.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 Days to Die

CO: Hikato(OD)

XO: SupremeJester(OD)

 

Utilizing the traffic from SotM we will be able to inform the members of a great game that really speaks for itself.  As Atrayas has said, "For people that do not know it is 4 genres in 1.  FPS,RPG,Survival/horror, and crafting/world building all in one bundle."  Once our channel is more visible, and members stop by, they will see an active game with people who are more than willing to help new comers.  

 

We currently don't have any nights specifically focused on.  But the few members we have involved at the moment are on every night.  The beginning stages of the game are spent preparing to be able to survive the hoard that appears every 7th night. 

 

This is not to say that we couldn't host activity nights.  Once established, some of the nights we could host weekly or even bi-weekly could be:

 

Tuesday Tunes- Come hang out and listen to some tunes while we tune up the places we call home.

 

Thursday's Turn Day- Take a turn going out and looking for those super rare auger parts or other things that members might need.  Check the forums for postings of specific items people might need. 

Friday Night Hang Out- Friends that play together stay together.  It's the perfect game to relax and get away from the troublesome work week. Join us with a pint and have a nice night as we tell jokes and survive the hard times together. 

 

Currently we have 5 members, and to have 3 more people joining the server.  The more people you get, the easier it is to survive, stay alive, and thrive in the environment.  We have currently 3 solid bases for someone to lay a bed down, and there are plenty of kilometers to expand out and create your own base. 

When it boils down to it we are a new squad that has 5 members on the server and we are extremely active.  The accomplishments that some of the members have made in the game are above and beyond.  Giving Squad of the Month to 7 Days to Die not only rewards their hard efforts, but it helps in everyone to survive for 7 days at a time. 

 

We thank you for your time, effort, and consideration,

7 Days to Die Staff

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SupremeJester said:

7 Days to Die

CO: Hikato(OD)

XO: SupremeJester(OD)

 

Utilizing the traffic from SotM we will be able to inform the members of a great game that really speaks for itself.  As Atrayas has said, "For people that do not know it is 4 genres in 1.  FPS,RPG,Survival/horror, and crafting/world building all in one bundle."  Once our channel is more visible, and members stop by, they will see an active game with people who are more than willing to help new comers.  

 

We currently don't have any nights specifically focused on.  But the few members we have involved at the moment are on every night.  The beginning stages of the game are spent preparing to be able to survive the hoard that appears every 7th night. 

 

This is not to say that we couldn't host activity nights.  Once established, some of the nights we could host weekly or even bi-weekly could be:

 

Tuesday Tunes- Come hang out and listen to some tunes while we tune up the places we call home.

 

Thursday's Turn Day- Take a turn going out and looking for those super rare auger parts or other things that members might need.  Check the forums for postings of specific items people might need. 

Friday Night Hang Out- Friends that play together stay together.  It's the perfect game to relax and get away from the troublesome work week. Join us with a pint and have a nice night as we tell jokes and survive the hard times together. 

 

Currently we have 5 members, and to have 3 more people joining the server.  The more people you get, the easier it is to survive, stay alive, and thrive in the environment.  We have currently 3 solid bases for someone to lay a bed down, and there are plenty of kilometers to expand out and create your own base. 

When it boils down to it we are a new squad that has 5 members on the server and we are extremely active.  The accomplishments that some of the members have made in the game are above and beyond.  Giving Squad of the Month to 7 Days to Die not only rewards their hard efforts, but it helps in everyone to survive for 7 days at a time. 

 

We thank you for your time, effort, and consideration,

7 Days to Die Staff

I like what you are doing here jester my only question is if you plan to turn this into a divsion and push for recruitment or  intend to just chill out and work within the clan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ghost(OD) said:

I like what you are doing here jester my only question is if you plan to turn this into a divsion and push for recruitment or  intend to just chill out and work within the clan?

I think that it has great potential for clan members, and friends of clan members.  Turning it into a division might be a stretch.  The game is Player vs. Player, I don't think it's feasible to try and join a public server to recruit.  And I don't think people would appreciate random people coming in and messing up what they have spent so much time on. 

 

So I think working within the clan, and within the clan would be best.  But that isn't that what Squad of the Month offers?  Showing this game off to other clan members on our TeamSpeak and Discord servers? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ghost(OD) said:

I like what you are doing here jester my only question is if you plan to turn this into a divsion and push for recruitment or  intend to just chill out and work within the clan?

 

With more interest in the clan we could quite possibly look into a more professional hosting service.  ATM Hikato is hosting off of his home PC, which is fine for a handful of people, but with more interest and a server that can handle 20,30 or even 50 players simultaneously, we could not only draw people already in the clan to come join us for some great fun but also open the server to the public and have an entirely new avenue for recruitment for OD.  I have been researching professional hosting and the bots to help administer the server as well as researching what the public servers offer to draw new players to the game.  Most servers come out fairly cheap as far as server costs go ( about 30-60 bucks per month depending on how much power ya need).  The bots are also paid for bots but im am currently searching for open source bots to have a peak at the source code as I think I could possibly create a bot just for clan OD myself.

 

Now to piggy back off of Jesters comment, we have 3 great established bases on our server currently.   We have stockpiled a ton of resources to help new players get started.  Things like hunger and thirst are non existent as Hikato manages a garden at his and jesters base and I manage a garden at my base.  We also offer a free mini bike for new comers as the parts needed are easy to come by now for us.  Vanity has the safest bunker currently to have some real fun on horde night.  We have discovered at least a dozen well stocked cities to go out and loot.  The list goes on but for a new player now is a good time to get in on the fun because eventually the server will need a wipe and a restart to keep the game fresh, maybe even using a modded version of the server to create an entirely new experience for people.  I say now because its a great opportunity to learn as we can and will help protect and equip people since we have the resources now.

 

If you enjoy games like minecraft, cs:go, resisidet evil, silent hill and added rpg elements then you would def enjoy this game.  It is currently 24.99 on steam and stil in early alpha, meaning the developers are still adding new things to the game.  Once it hits beta that means we are in the bug fixing process and new content will most likely be saved for future DLC's.  Do not let early alpha scare you away though as this is already an entirely playable game with great replay-ability and an awesome modding community to boot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atrayas(OD) said:

 

With more interest in the clan we could quite possibly look into a more professional hosting service.  ATM Hikato is hosting off of his home PC, which is fine for a handful of people, but with more interest and a server that can handle 20,30 or even 50 players simultaneously, we could not only draw people already in the clan to come join us for some great fun but also open the server to the public and have an entirely new avenue for recruitment for OD.  I have been researching professional hosting and the bots to help administer the server as well as researching what the public servers offer to draw new players to the game.  Most servers come out fairly cheap as far as server costs go ( about 30-60 bucks per month depending on how much power ya need).  The bots are also paid for bots but im am currently searching for open source bots to have a peak at the source code as I think I could possibly create a bot just for clan OD myself.

 

Now to piggy back off of Jesters comment, we have 3 great established bases on our server currently.   We have stockpiled a ton of resources to help new players get started.  Things like hunger and thirst are non existent as Hikato manages a garden at his and jesters base and I manage a garden at my base.  We also offer a free mini bike for new comers as the parts needed are easy to come by now for us.  Vanity has the safest bunker currently to have some real fun on horde night.  We have discovered at least a dozen well stocked cities to go out and loot.  The list goes on but for a new player now is a good time to get in on the fun because eventually the server will need a wipe and a restart to keep the game fresh, maybe even using a modded version of the server to create an entirely new experience for people.  I say now because its a great opportunity to learn as we can and will help protect and equip people since we have the resources now.

 

If you enjoy games like minecraft, cs:go, resisidet evil, silent hill and added rpg elements then you would def enjoy this game.  It is currently 24.99 on steam and stil in early alpha, meaning the developers are still adding new things to the game.  Once it hits beta that means we are in the bug fixing process and new content will most likely be saved for future DLC's.  Do not let early alpha scare you away though as this is already an entirely playable game with great replay-ability and an awesome modding community to boot. 

I would just like to add that this game has come out on console.  So even though it is in Alpha phase it is clearly playable, and as the current 6 members have found out it's loads of fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Starcraft Broodwar

 

Myself and Link will be spearheading this. Goal is to bring in 5-10 regulars before the end of April, along with hosting broodwar nights for guys who want just tune in semi casually.

 

@Links(OD)

Edited by SuNSeT
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 11:49 PM, SuNSeT said:

Starcraft Broodwar

 

Myself and Link will be spearheading this. Goal is to bring in 5-10 regulars before the end of April, along with hosting broodwar nights for guys who want just tune in semi casually.

 

@Links(OD)

I have sc: bw id play for the fun of it. Let me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Skribbzz(OD) said:

I have sc: bw id play for the fun of it. Let me know

yah for sure. Got a month off after December 6th from work. so should jam some games.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool ill c if i can get it running it should work. It has in the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 9:13 PM, SuNSeT said:

yah for sure. Got a month off after December 6th from work. so should jam some games.

Glad to hear we and your family get you back bro. I just grabbed my SC BW disk too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MineNotYour(OD) said:

Glad to hear we and your family get you back bro. I just grabbed my SC BW disk too!

Haha sick...grind out some d2 for reset, then beat up eachother on starcraft. Be sweet If we could get a big group playin some inhouse games

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does scbw play with remastered scbw?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×