TypeReaL(OD)

Division Memebers! We want your input!

Hey Guys and Gals, Type here and I'm just thinking about things to Implement and add to our growing family. In the beginning there was 3-5 of us so we Pushed for members to get that necessary Division status and after that we pushed recruiting to where we find our selves at a stable yet concerning crossroads. That being said before I drop a whole ton of new Ideas and test them out I first want to get some input from you all my members the Staple of what keeps this Division going Im here to Lead but im also here to bring you Ideas forward No idea is a stupid Idea ( I Believe I have proven that through and through ) So with our Season 12 Winding down and 13 just around the corner Im gonna have a Think tank style meeting next wednesday either before or after my AA meeting (what ever works best for you guys ) This way we can work together in conquering common goals and possibly get into starting community challenges So yeah Feel free to leave a message saying What You would like to see implemented or changed as it sits

• Upvote 1

I know I haven't been around on Diablo 3(eh I play other games), the whole point of being in a Clan is to do GROUP play. You get better drops, more XP and can push higher and farther on Rifts because of it. You also can farm Bounty Materials faster because you can split up and do each of the non-boss bounties in each Act and then when complete, do all Boss ones one after another to collect all the craft materials. So my proposal is to create Group Captains. Each Group Captain leads a perspective group wherein you have a group of 2 to 3(if not 4) working together. If anyone in the clan is operating solo, ask if they want to join you for a bit(eh they may not be doing Solo Rifts). It makes those on the lower tier within the Division and Clan more receptive to stay if they're being included or feel like they're welcomed. Group Captains are responsible for their members DSL as a means to help keep that issue from becoming a real problem(it makes keeping the Roster up to date that much easier). Ideal Group Captains are WO's and other Officers(which includes you Typereal. Guess you'll have to do despite being HIGH 24/7). Any interested Enlisted can also apply and may fast-track you up the ranks.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, DarkHelmet said:

I know I haven't been around on Diablo 3(eh I play other games), the whole point of being in a Clan is to do GROUP play. You get better drops, more XP and can push higher and farther on Rifts because of it. You also can farm Bounty Materials faster because you can split up and do each of the non-boss bounties in each Act and then when complete, do all Boss ones one after another to collect all the craft materials. So my proposal is to create Group Captains. Each Group Captain leads a perspective group wherein you have a group of 2 to 3(if not 4) working together. If anyone in the clan is operating solo, ask if they want to join you for a bit(eh they may not be doing Solo Rifts). It makes those on the lower tier within the Division and Clan more receptive to stay if they're being included or feel like they're welcomed. Group Captains are responsible for their members DSL as a means to help keep that issue from becoming a real problem(it makes keeping the Roster up to date that much easier). Ideal Group Captains are WO's and other Officers(which includes you Typereal. Guess you'll have to do despite being HIGH 24/7). Any interested Enlisted can also apply and may fast-track you up the ranks.

I really Like this Idea very good approach coaching and working with the new members I mean how many times I have had a member recommend something and actually work better than what I was previously doing I will being looking for group captains asap

I for one am done with this season but next season i'd be glad to play some d3 again.  Be warned though you get me for about 2-3 weeks in d3 then im super bored...the grind just isn't fun for me after the initial rush of a new season.

1 hour ago, Atrayas(OD) said:

I for one am done with this season but next season i'd be glad to play some d3 again.  Be warned though you get me for about 2-3 weeks in d3 then im super bored...the grind just isn't fun for me after the initial rush of a new season.

Most fall into this category sadly but Ive been seeing a few good Ideas around latley and if @Purplez(OD) wants to expand her scavenger hunt to another worldy game of non stop clicking for items Ill gladly sponsor it

@TypeReaL(OD)  I've never played D3, but the scavenger hunt is ideal for any of the games because it allows a contest to happen over a period of time which the OD member chooses is best for them.  As long as you have another OD member vouching that you completed your hunt it's easy for members to set their own schedule.  There is also 400 FG left over from AO(OD)'s  donation to be used for contests.  If somebody who play D3 wants to sponsor one, I'll transfer the fg to them for prizes.  

1 hour ago, Purplez(OD) said:

@TypeReaL(OD)  I've never played D3, but the scavenger hunt is ideal for any of the games because it allows a contest to happen over a period of time which the OD member chooses is best for them.  As long as you have another OD member vouching that you completed your hunt it's easy for members to set their own schedule.  There is also 400 FG left over from AO(OD)'s  donation to be used for contests.  If somebody who play D3 wants to sponsor one, I'll transfer the fg to them for prizes.  

It looked like it worked well in d2 why not bring the fun to d3 spice up the lives of it a bit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TypeReaL(OD) said:

It looked like it worked well in d2 why not bring the fun to d3 spice up the lives of it a bit

First person to find all 5 Immunity Amulets, Puzzle Ring, Bovine Polearm plus all the Ingredients for Staff of Herding :biggrin:

Pretty good idea Dark, It seams at season start a lot of guys do party up and as the season rolls on the numbers dwindle. A couple of things I would like is to see is 1). at least 20-30+ members on at peak times and 2). More Meta / support grouping. I am prob going to go Necro (support and/or DPS builds) and Wiz season 13. I am really glad to see some new recruits in game, as that's a big part of our future. I'm going to do my best to try and fill our roster with some active players for coming season. One problem I have is working 3rd shift, unless I have the night off, won't be on in the evening, so it's difficult to participate often :( A good Co-op group is super fun and look forward to season 13.......Tex

Next season I'll start with necro. They have given me the best luck so far, and I can make a speed build, high dps build, and support build. This way I can be versatile and not have to stray from one character.

1 hour ago, PJPotter(OD) said:

Next season I'll start with necro. They have given me the best luck so far, and I can make a speed build, high dps build, and support build. This way I can be versatile and not have to stray from one character.

Until they come to their senses and nerf the crap out of it. Always been fond of Barbs or melee classes that can Tank damage. If I could be purely Tank(as opposed to Support by giving Movement speed, grouping enemies or generating Health Globes), I could create a pretty wicked Tank Barb that can just absorb a ton of damage(10 Billion Toughness is the floor under ideal conditions).

im blaming @Tex46(OD), but im also going wizard

So one thing i've noticed since reset is that TS = Dead.  Discord = Dead.  There's no comm activity at all, and poking around the in game clan chat usually doesn't get much of a response.  Hell, yesterday I saw someone in clan looking for a group to farm Torment 13 rifts and got the response

At least have some dignity looking for a carry

If that's how we treat each other it's no wonder nobody is pushing 2, 3, or 4 man leaderboards in our clan.  I'm painting with a wide brush here, but doing so on purpose -  Perspective of newer members you recruit will see that and start wondering if they're in the right place.

Also - I've seen another OD Clan...what's with that @TypeReaL(OD) ?

1 hour ago, Sarnith said:

So one thing i've noticed since reset is that TS = Dead.  Discord = Dead.  There's no comm activity at all, and poking around the in game clan chat usually doesn't get much of a response.  Hell, yesterday I saw someone in clan looking for a group to farm Torment 13 rifts and got the response

At least have some dignity looking for a carry

If that's how we treat each other it's no wonder nobody is pushing 2, 3, or 4 man leaderboards in our clan.  I'm painting with a wide brush here, but doing so on purpose -  Perspective of newer members you recruit will see that and start wondering if they're in the right place.

Also - I've seen another OD Clan...what's with that @TypeReaL(OD) ?

I agree, there is little to no communication or forms of help for newer members. If that's the output you're wishing to put out, I'm concerned about how new members will react when they join.. and if they will end up staying. You can also attempt to ask for runs in chat and get completely ignored, but someone else will ask for the same thing and half of Asia jumps up for it. It's kind of sad :/

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's seen some not so nice things occur, perhaps it won't be seen as an insult to bring them up now. 

1 hour ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

I agree, there is little to no communication or forms of help for newer members. If that's the output you're wishing to put out, I'm concerned about how new members will react when they join.. and if they will end up staying. You can also attempt to ask for runs in chat and get completely ignored, but someone else will ask for the same thing and half of Asia jumps up for it. It's kind of sad :/

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's seen some not so nice things occur, perhaps it won't be seen as an insult to bring them up now. 

I noticed this last night when Rose and I played. I started last night and intiially we asked for help and were more or less ignored. A few hours later, when Type got on, there were several interested in helping me get to 70. We were able to get Rose and Hikato to 70 in the end.

It's concerning to say the least but I can vouch for the apparent unwillingness to help people who are either new or someone people have never met.

You sure people being ignored is intentional? That chat log constantly has stuff goin through it, I know I can't read it all even with the ID'd items turned off.

2 minutes ago, TieDyeT(OD) said:

You sure people being ignored is intentional? That chat log constantly has stuff goin through it, I know I can't read it all even with the ID'd items turned off.

It may not be all the time - but definitely is a good deal of it.  Most of the clan has it turned off so they don't see the flood of items being ID'd by clan mates.  That can be easily confirmed by the number who asked during opening nights how to turn it off.  And a large majority were asking last season how to turn it off as well. 

That being said there's considerably less going on in that chat with that function turned off.  We should be helping each other out when we can - we're a community.  Sure, it slows down your personal progress a lot - but if you help people out we'll have more who can play together...  Or at least should.

Yea, I get the second part alot. Hard to pull away from a good grind, or dedicate limited on time to carrying when you're still building yourself up. It pays itself back in the end though, giving more players and character choices to push with later.

Voice chat would be the key, if we could get more people onto the voice chat it would be easier to ask for help without someone needing to pay attention to guild chat constantly.

Also maybe a list of those who are willing to pl people, then they could be whispered if you need help.

@Sarnith the other OD your seeing is the original clan , Sadly we were never able to obtain it from the previous owner and I cant force people to ts/ discord but most times im on if it isnt after midnight Ill usually always been on discord ( we do have the channels to communicate just have to make proper use). Now once that I get a few days off Ill be able to level up my plvling dh for people but as it sits im still catching up this weekend I havent gotten too much free time from work but Anytime you see me if you need anything just ask and I can go thru the proper channels and get you all set up

If people are being ignored I cant let that settle we are a clan built to help others, personal gains aside we should always look to help first so now that im almost done my work week I can throw myself heavier into fixing any issues

Which comms is D3 using most? Neither seem active when I check, and with limited bandwidth I really don't wanna leave both open when no one's on.

the previous season of D3 had more members on TeamSpeak.  But I do agree we need better teamwork.

Noticed this thread was a month old, but, what the heck.  A few things I noticed as a newbie.

1. People are willing to help/carry you, in fact, I joined and left a game and got asked "hey why you leave!"  In that instance, everything froze and I was trying to unlock the screen and accidentally joined, but this shows that people are willing to help / game together.

2. Personally, I try to announce what I am planning for that evening session to the clan, look for like minded folks, and welcome anyone to join in.  Problem is with people coming and going you need to regularly re-post your agenda/goal.  Is there a way to put a label on your session for everyone to see when they scroll over in the lower left on the welcome screen?  i.e. Farming GR80+, farming bounty mats, Grinding gems, solo GR PR, etc? 

3. How do people generally feel about others just "popping in" to their session?

12 hours ago, TyronePowers(OD) said:

Noticed this thread was a month old, but, what the heck.  A few things I noticed as a newbie.

1. People are willing to help/carry you, in fact, I joined and left a game and got asked "hey why you leave!"  In that instance, everything froze and I was trying to unlock the screen and accidentally joined, but this shows that people are willing to help / game together.

2. Personally, I try to announce what I am planning for that evening session to the clan, look for like minded folks, and welcome anyone to join in.  Problem is with people coming and going you need to regularly re-post your agenda/goal.  Is there a way to put a label on your session for everyone to see when they scroll over in the lower left on the welcome screen?  i.e. Farming GR80+, farming bounty mats, Grinding gems, solo GR PR, etc? 

3. How do people generally feel about others just "popping in" to their session?

hmm there is not really a banner you can post what your doing unless you have the entire roster on your friends list and make a broadcast , best thing to do is get the times when every one is doing what you need some times a gr game goes into bounties best point of action just ask might be tedious but asking will get you further than hiding