Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This is the first evaluation process I've been a part of.  It really helped to get to know people better and I appreciate ALL the well thought out and insightful comments made by those being evaluated.  However, the one thing I don't think is fair is for people to post so many questions which require essay answers.  We are all volunteer members of the Clan OD.  As such our time fulfilling our roles here comes out of our personal time.  If a member truly wants the answer to something specific, then that is a legit question.  But expecting our volunteer leaders who already commit so much time to the clan to answer essay questions in bulk is ludicrous.  Isn't there some way to stop what I think is an abuse in the evaluation process.  I'm sorry if I step on any toes with my question, but it's one thing during the evaluation process that really bugged me.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purplez, thanks for your feedback. We have a concurrent thread in the Officer's Forum and will use all community feedback to continue to improve the Evaluation Process. All proposed changes will be subject to an up/down vote at the next General's meeting in FY18Q2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed, thank you for both your participation and feedback. We always appreciate it, and spread the word to your OD friends to take part. The more engaging the better the results always will be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The evaluation process is one of the strongest checks that the community has towards the leaders of our clan. It is the duty of our members to publically scrutinize our leaders when needed to determine thier worthiness for thier rank.

 

Please note, these are my own views on how the evaluation process should be treated. They may not reflect the leadership's views, but I believe these are expectations we all should consider regardless of the rules.

 

This said, we the members have a responsibility to use it appropriately.  Our administration takes time yo undergo these evaluation process. We should help them make a constructive yse of this period.  While not spelled out within the rules, a responsible use of this system inludes the consideration  of three principles.

 

What do I know about the evaluee?

As in the case with promotions, I should know about the character and personality of the evaluee before asking questions. If I don't know them, I can talk to them on the forums or teamspeak to get to know them. My best understanding of people in this clan come from when I gamed with them;  it later helped me evaluate them.

 

What should I ask them?

If we have the knowledge to ask questions, then comes the question of what. While there are many questions that apply to leadership, we have different interaction with each evaluee. We should use these experiences to tailor our question to each specific evaluee. Additionally, knowing what rank the evaluee is promoting to should influence our questions as the role of each general is different. No rank or evaluee are the same thing, so OD is benefited when we help our evaluee as best we can.

 

How should I ask my questions? 

With both the knowledge and the questions to ask, we need to be aware of how we ask. The evaluee's responses are on display for the whole clan to judge. We should not be using the evaluation period to embarrass the evaluee, whether intentionally or not. If you need knowledge on a specific event, talk to the evaluee privately. Prioritize tailored questions to each evaluee. Try to avoid repeating previously asked questions. . Remember that people can interpret a lack of an answer as an answer. If asking multiple questions, pick ones specific to the evaluee. And above all, be polite and respectful.

 

These are what I do before I comment on evaluations. I hope these help people use this awesome tool we have.

 

Again, please note, these are my own views on how the evaluation process should be treated. They may not reflect the leadership's views, but I believe these are expectations we all should consider regardless of the rules.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

This is the first evaluation process I've been a part of.  It really helped to get to know people better and I appreciate ALL the well thought out and insightful comments made by those being evaluated.  However, the one thing I don't think is fair is for people to post so many questions which require essay answers.  We are all volunteer members of the Clan OD.  As such our time fulfilling our roles here comes out of our personal time.  If a member truly wants the answer to something specific, then that is a legit question.  But expecting our volunteer leaders who already commit so much time to the clan to answer essay questions in bulk is ludicrous.  Isn't there some way to stop what I think is an abuse in the evaluation process.  I'm sorry if I step on any toes with my question, but it's one thing during the evaluation process that really bugged me.  

It is nice to see newer members engaging with the community especially in such an important time .. evaluation season. We appreciate the newer members showing interest in how the clan works and being a part of these evaluations. Welcome to the community and we hope you enjoy your time here. I think Badboi answered the rest so I won't reiterate what he has already mentioned. Thanks for participating Purplez

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Food For Thought:

 

Drop 10,000 pebbles into a pond, or drop 1 or 2 Massive boulder(s). Which makes the biggest splash? 

 

I would like to offer my advice to those that would post on evals: The more thought you put into a question, the more insight you or others may receive in the answer. Dare to make the biggest splash :thumbsup:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Badboi(OD) @Terra @Aerineth(OD) I meant for my post to be a PSA, could I get it unmerged from Purplez''s topic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

29 minutes ago, Azhriel(OD) said:

@Badboi(OD) @Terra @Aerineth(OD) I meant for my post to be a PSA, could I get it unmerged from Purplez''s topic?

 

I see that you have had good intentions, but please refrain from making unilateral moves. The evaluation board's purpose is for evaluations only. @Terra can review and add it to her pinned topic, if she agrees with the verbiage. We had 3 threads with similar themes, so I have merged these in the meantime. Many are divided on this subject. While your post is a "Best Practices" for posting on evaluations, we need to review all changes before adding them to the guide to everything. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Badboi(OD) said:

 

 

I see that you have had good intentions, but please refrain from making unilateral moves. The evaluation board's purpose is for evaluations only. @Terra can review and add it to her pinned topic, if she agrees with the verbiage. We had 3 threads with similar themes, so I have merged these in the meantime. Many are divided on this subject. While your post is a "Best Practices" for posting on evaluations, we need to review all changes before adding them to the guide to everything. Thank you.

I in no way took unilateral action. In fact, twice, I purposely note that this is l all my own opinion and doesnt nessesarily reflect the views of the leadership. 

 

I do agree putting it in the evuation forum was probably the wrong place. But I'd still like it separated from purplez's topic. Could it be separated and moved elsewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Azhriel(OD) said:

I in no way took unilateral action. In fact, twice, I purposely note that this is l all my own opinion and doesnt nessesarily reflect the views of the leadership. 

 

I do agree putting it in the evuation forum was probably the wrong place. But I'd still like it separated from purplez's topic. Could it be separated and moved elsewhere?

We are discussing in a PM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×