Sign in to follow this  
MelodicRose(OD)

Odd Question - Piercings!

Heyooooo!

So, my roomie's belated birthday present to me is either a tattoo or a piercing. Since I can't decide on the tattoo I want for my first one.. I'm debating getting my cartilage helix piercings done, on both ears. I was curious if anyone else has cartilage ear piercings, and if so, how badly did it hurt and what's the healing process like afterwards? I've read some pretty gruesome things.. so I'm curious what it's actually like instead of reading the potential fiction that hides in the internet. 

Tattoo! Let me design it!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SupremeJester said:

Tattoo! Let me design it!!!

:O These are options too.. I didn't know what to get xD I don't just wanna steal an image on pinterest

i had my cartilage pierced as well as my tongue (since 19) and im 32.  

the cartilage peirce was done at a part; my little sister thought it would be funny to peirce it.  well let me tell u... even thought i was drunk it hurt more then my tongue it took forever too heal.. irritated me for around a year.. now that could be because it wasnt a gauged peirce.  i havent had a ring in it in 5 years and i can still put a ring in it (wife doesnt like it so i dont wear it).

on a side note; peircings are temporary tattoos are forever...  dont just get a tattoo for no reason.. give it meaning, put some thought into it, and make sure its something ull like in 10 years.

my 2cents.

• Like 1

Interesting timing, my gf got a double helix piercing when we went to Daytona late March. The healing process for her went a little slowly, still kind of healing now. She said the pain wasn't that bad. Invest in a sanitizing spray (gf uses H2 Ocean or something like that) and try to avoid getting any hair caught up in the area to avoid infection. Happy Belated Birthday.

Tattooo all day long 🙂