Sign in to follow this  
Purplez(OD)

Feeling a Little Overwhelmed

11 posts in this topic

I've played D2 since a week after LOD came out.  As most of us do, we play, we leave, we come back, and do it all over again.  I'm back after a few years' absence and stumbled into the OD channel after following Opt on a few runs.  I sat and watched the interaction between people, followed some more runs, then Pops and Sassy started asking me did I want to join.  Now here I am 22 days later.  Absorbing what I can from the forums, trying to be helpful by muling, rushing, and whatever is asked that I feel capable to do.  But it's usually me that is the one to give away items that I don't use to anyone that wants them.  I truly do not like to trade and it makes me feel good to share.  But yesterday I was totally overwhelmed.  I was asked to come to a game and there were several OD members in there.  I wish I could remember who all was there but I can't.  In about five minutes time I went from wearing a Naj armour to an enigma, from a +3 pally ammy to a mara, changing my random spirit shield to a really uber one and a CTA.  I was then signed up on the run bot and started leading chaos runs.  Me, who has never been on a bot before.  It's not the gear that overwhelms me.  It's the way all the OD members decided to gear me up without asking for anything.  The way the other OD members followed my chaos games and helped.  The feeling of community was what overwhelmed me!  You all know who you are.  I wish I could remember all your names, but since I can't I am not naming anyone.  Just know that you touched my heart.  I know that sounds corny to some since this is "just a game", but acceptance, giving, community and fun are so often missing from the real world that to get it from relative strangers on the internet is beyond overwhelming.  Thank you, thank you all , for that feeling.  <3

• Like 1

Cindy its was a pleasure to recruit you and you are one amazing person we have taken to our hearts also you not only help with anything you drop what you are doing to help  you are very very well loved and liked by us all in your 22 days with us keep doing what your doing hunnie we loves yaaa <3 

• Like 1

Hell yeah man. Your a cool dude and I've enjoyed playing with you. Keep it up 

• Like 1

its been awsome meeting you purple thanks for the runs and the help you have given! as to i have been playing d2 since lod came out and i was think 13 lol  but now im back after 10 years lol and you and all of od been great!!! look forward to joing more runs and have good time on d2!

• Like 1

We believe that paying it forward will help the community grow in engagement in the long run and try to flourish that culture. 

Welcome to the community. 

• Like 1

You're super friendly and helpful to the community

No surprise that people appreciate ya! Lmk what pieces you still have missing. I have FG sitting around doing nothing and am only playing classic this season so I can't run games for the majority of the clan on xpac, so I wouldn't mind helping ya so that you can run as efficient and effectively as you can!!

• Like 1

Thanks everybody again!  I think I'm pretty well set for the gear on the pally, but I appreciate the offer.  He's doing about 8500 damage, not too bad so I'll let you use that FG to help somebody else.  <3

super.jpg

When I helped members in my guilds during the mmorpg Divisions I played, a lot of them would be reluctant or self-conscious about receiving free stuff or free help all the time as well. I would tell them that a Guild is only as strong as the members that are a part of it, and as they were a part of our Guild then anything that made them better was making the Guild better overall.

There is no "you" and "I", there is only "us". We are all one team, and the effort we put into that team is what makes us the best at what we do. In turn it falls to you to use the power and privileges you are given to help others who come after, and continue the legacy.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Terra, that's a good way to look at it.

15 hours ago, Terra said:

There is no "you" and "I", there is only "us". We are all one team, and the effort we put into that team is what makes us the best at what we do. In turn it falls to you to use the power and privileges you are given to help others who come after, and continue the legacy.

there is a ME in team

• Like 1

Yes, unfortunately for us all.