Sign in to follow this  
Kherios

Not sure where this belongs...

I miss my OD family.

I was just pondering thru the internet again depressed, just clicking and clicking...

Some how or another it struck me to visit the old clan page, and read the clan history page. 

GOD it feels like it's been soooo long and it kinda brought me to tears rereading about Slipknot, Shraps, Chobo, Rag, FG, Darky, Corgur...
Where has time gone? and when the fuck did Chobo pass? Have I really been gone that long?

I would not be the person I am here today if it weren't for this clan. I remember the 1st time I came across the channel in the early 2000's probably like 03 or 04. I just wanted a clan to accept me, any clan really!

I tried and tried joining, but I only owned Starcraft but OD was only recruiting for SC BW. I think I stuck around the channel for months before I finally got around to getting a copy. I sorta sucked at Starcraft, or maybe all the SC players in OD were just that freaking good because I think I stayed and re-enlisted as a trial member more times than I could count. 

Finally one day.........

Brigadier General R.agnarok(OD) successfully recruited kherios(OD) on Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:08 PM

I grew up in the hood sorta close to Detroit and my parents wouldn't ever really let me participate in any of the local things going on around my neighborhood.
So for me, this place was kinda like a safe haven for me. I made a shit ton of friends who've pushed me into getting all sorts of different games. At one point I had a copy of every Battle.net game and even worked my ass off as a teenager to get a copy of Counterstrike and Day of Defeat.

So many memories.  So many influences that played roles in my heart... If I weren't so numb, I'd be crying right now. I use to take  de-ranks so hard as a kid lol. All I ever wanted to do was have fun and be right. 

Then there was eLegy .. GOD who remembers that shit??

I dug this up lol 

funny.jpg

I can't remember exactly the OD name of this guy but I remember we bumped heads a lot. I'm sure SnowWhite would remember. 

Anyway, as much as I would like to rejoin and become active again.. IDK if I can.
So much has gone down in my life. It's hard enough for me to figure life itself out on it's own.
I'm jobless, I feel like I've lost my ambitions... I still have my PC but things are ran off such high resources now-a-days I'm not sure if it could really handle it. Aside from that, I was limited to what I could bring during my last move and I had enough room for my PC but not my monitor. I have my old old potato monitor here at my parent's house but it requires adapters ><.. fml

But I guess being full of myself, from time to time during waves of depression I tend to come on here and forum search my old user name and try to reminisce a little from my child hood and saw that I was mentioned a few days ago. Ahhh it feels good to be remembered, and at the same time it feels good that I still remember some of you.

Shoutouts whether your here to see them or not.. to
R.ag my recruiter
Corgur my reenabler
HammerTime
Chobo
2jze
Solidsnake

moneybags

Fanatic

Snowwhite
XeroHell
Killamyster
Lozer
Shane
SnackTime
Wax
Ghostd
Killa(OD)
vassaggoomega
tyreal
hawkeyes
freebird
sniper_bob
rob
icarus
frogger
omnikilla
gd74

zaldar
cronomage
travis
magik
Danny's bitch ass
and my old bestie if he's still around Hell(OD)

Also, this had my dying! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS1vNPD-oRUNV1HcBvE3OJA

Brigadier General R.agnarok? Man, you really are oldschool.

I can't say there is much of your original OD family still around, we're a couple generations past that. But the spirit of OD remains the same, we're a pretty tight-knit community. I won't lie, the Clan has changed in a lot of ways over the years, and it might not be the same experience as what you remember before. But although different, I would say that the experience it can provide would be every bit as meaningful and valuable.

As for your circumstances, it sounds like you are in a bit of a rough patch and this reminiscence is in part inspired by that. There's no easy answer, all you can do is take a step back, review what options you have available to you, and decide on a course of action based on those options. A problem is simply a puzzle, it is just a matter of figuring out the right answer. And there is always an answer, it's just a question of whether we can see that answer or not.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck. And if you want to hang around OD still, even if only in a community sense, you are welcome to. It's kinda what SnowWhite still does on occasion. I'm not sure how much of a haven it can be against the perils of life, but at the very least there is nothing to be depressed about here.

Except for Aerineth's win ratio in games.

5 hours ago, Kherios said:

XeroHell (me -- collin now)
tyreal (typereal now)

We're still around.

Kherios, thank you for sharing your story.  It sounds like this Clan was a big part of your growing up and as you said, provided you with a safety net, a place to have fun, a place to learn teamwork and a place to talk, even if you only type talk.  Then you moved onto other interests and now you need something in your life to help you through the difficult times.  Depression can overwhelm all of us at times.  The first thing to remember is that you are not alone.  So many people would love to talk to you, to help you, to get you back to yourself.  Take that first step and talk to someone.  I saw in your profile that you are in Detroit.  Here's just one link of many for free counseling in your area.  

https://www.helppro.com/HP/therapist-finder/therapy-free-services/MI/Detroit-metro-area/3/Counseling.aspx

I went through a horrible time two years ago when my husband died of cancer.  I didn't think i would make it.  Slowly now I am starting to emerge.  Counseling has played a major part in helping me heal.  Now, I found this Clan in December and have really enjoyed spending time with people on here.  Remember that all your Clan friends are here for you, your family is there for you.  Life is just starting in many ways for you, so take that first step.  God Bless and God Speed.  Life can be so wondrous, let it embrace you.

• Like 1

Hi Collin :3

@Purplez(OD) - Condolences. Therapy is probably needed. I'm just still going thru my old habits of going in and out of jail. I took the route of taking up rehab my judge offered me as an alternative to jail this last time, however I bailed out of there. It felt like a cult. I was going to Salvation Army Rehabilitation Center but I learned of the true meaning behind their program. Before I left I had plans lined up to enroll in another center. When time came and I got picked up, I stayed with family for Christmas and New Year's Eve, at that point I kinda kicked my plans to the curb and have been stuck in my room ever since.

Again sorry for your loss, I know what it feels like to lose someone super close. Aside from my friend here at OD, I actually had one IRL friend. My Best friend of 20 years passed away last year from a Heroin overdose. I lost a girl friend to heroin too. 

@Terra Thanks for the warm welcomes. I see a lot of people play D2. I was thinking maybe seeing if I can figure out my old Battle.net loggin and hopping on for a bit.

I work in criminal defense and I have had addicted family members.  You took the first step, now get back in there and keep slugging away.  It took time for you to become addicted, now it takes time to get your life straight.  If you find the right group, it won't feel like a cult.  There are so many of them.  As long as you are trying, the Judge will understand.  Believe in yourself and if you fall down, get back up.  Keep getting back up always.  You can do this with support and kindness.  Good luck and if you want to talk, please message me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kherios said:

, however I bailed out of there. It felt like a cult. I was going to Salvation Army Rehabilitation Center but I learned of the true meaning behind their program.

Yeah I gave up on the Sally Ann rehab myself got 7 months off the sauce under my belt now I learned how to pass a piss test pretty good there tho I suppose thats a plus

and yes eLegy was the cat ass, Dave is an enlisted member now we play nhl well I play he destroys me

also as Collin Stated I am TyreaL up until this year when I shed my old self for the new

Edited by TypeReaL(OD)
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TypeReaL(OD) said:

Yeah I gave up on the Sally Ann rehab myself got 7 months off the sauce under my belt now I learned how to pass a piss test pretty good there tho I suppose thats a plus

Yea it''s a plus for sure. I commend you! I was in it for a little over 2 months. Even though it was a 6 month program, I was only court ordered 90 days but I still have 4 warrants to take care of after that. I relapsed my 60th day clean. I really fucked myself this time.

Anyway, good to see you are still around TyreaL!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kherios said:

Yea it''s a plus for sure. I commend you! I was in it for a little over 2 months. Even though it was a 6 month program, I was only court ordered 90 days but I still have 4 warrants to take care of after that. I relapsed my 60th day clean. I really fucked myself this time.

Anyway, good to see you are still around TyreaL!

I spent 8 years battling its not easy, thankfully my employment was good and I was able to afford legal representation in all my Legal battles 8 years of probation ,2 duis , assaults and a shit ton more but Dont worry it gets easier each day (I recommend dabs they seem to keep me normal )

Also to anyone whos gonna say im not Sober Its perscribed by a doctor therefore its medication not intoxication ;)

Edited by TypeReaL(OD)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kherios said:

. I see a lot of people play D2. I was thinking maybe seeing if I can figure out my old Battle.net loggin and hopping on for a bit.

Well Diablo 2 is not part of the new battlenet app....so if you wanna play d2 with us jou can make a d2 account just use your OD name Kherios(OD) simple as that....oh btw all char name start with OD- If you need any more help look for me PoPs(OD) I'll gladly help you

Edited by PoPs(OD)

Looked at this thread.  Whatever picture Kherios posted doesn't show up any more.  Was it an embarrassing picture of me when I was young, a jerk off, and had long hair?  Lol.

14 minutes ago, PoPs(OD) said:

Well Diablo 2 is not part of the new battlenet app....so if you wanna play d2 with us jou can make a d2 account just use your OD name Kherios(OD) simple as that....oh btw all char name start with OD_ If you need any more help look for me PoPs(OD) I'll gladly help you

I appreciate the tip. I'm pretty sure my account still exsists. The last time I logged on last year for some reason showed all my characters expired and when I clicked on them and started a game then backed out it seemed like it brought it back to life somehow?? not totally sure how but I still had all my keys and torches and even all my mules had everything and displayed a new expiration timer. It was surreal!

16 minutes ago, TypeReaL(OD) said:

I spent 8 years battling its not easy, thankfully my employment was good and I was able to afford legal representation in all my Legal battles 8 years of probation ,2 duis , assaults and a shit ton more but Dont worry it gets easier each day (I recommend dabs they seem to keep me normal )

Dude isn't it the worst? This is going on my 10th year. I was good a couple years ago, and after finally getting my shit together I slipped up. I caught 2 OWIs (Operating While Intoxicated) which is like a DUI but they call it different here because I was under influence of heroin and the 3rd one is a Felony. I have a 3rd offense possession of marijuana, and driving without proof of license and my two recent charges are for Possession of Dangerous Drugs, and a dangerous drug paraphernalia (IV) . I've watched people die, I've died.. *sigh* I need new hobbies. 

Looked at this thread.  Whatever picture Kherios posted doesn't show up any more.  Was it an embarrassing picture of me when I was young, a jerk off, and had long hair?  Lol.

It was from when a member of OD's CS 1.6 scrim team eLegy use to pick fun of me all the time and somehow either I was having a good game day or he was having an off day but I totally was fucking him up and turned the tables of who was trolling who so I screen shotted proofs.

funny.JPG

Edited by Kherios

Ah.  without a smurf or username, I would not be able to confirm who that was.  If it was me, I apologize for being a dick to you a decade or longer ago.

2 minutes ago, Dave Stocker said:

Ah.  without a smurf or username, I would not be able to confirm who that was.  If it was me, I apologize for being a dick to you a decade or longer ago.

Lol were you in eLegy? It says you joined the forum 2013. I feel like this was from before 2010.

He used to always act like he was trying to impress SnowWhite a shit ton and it was right around when Darkness started playing. Fuck I wish I remembered his name. I like to sit back and just laugh my ass off of all the arguments we use to have. 

Pretty sure that was Danny.  Lmao.

Maybe Jake.  Maybe Andy.  Not too many other people from those days would have both been a jerk to you, and nice to snowwhite.

2 hours ago, Dave Stocker said:

Pretty sure that was Danny.  Lmao.

Maybe Jake.  Maybe Andy.  Not too many other people from those days would have both been a jerk to you, and nice to snowwhite.

Not Danny lol, he was older than danny. I don't remember his irl name sadly either.

I could never forget danny, he hacked my myspace and posted a pick on here of me holding a 3 foot icicle between my legs like it was my dick 

After doing a bit of digging around trying to figure out who I'm trying to remember I happened to find this LMAO

huh.. i remember gringo offering me a big spot in elegy if I didn't tell darkness and corgur about danny and gringo framing ghostd for hacking..

I made wrong decisions and got my myspace hacked with herpied vagina pictures and broke back mountain pictures.

I had my RL friends call me on my cell and go like "what the hell.. coming out the closet? WTF!" and "dude, your going gay on me??"

I had no idea what they were talkin about, 20 minutes later, AIM pops up

NaziEskimo - Hey, how do you like your myspace?

and then I got banned from vent and ODCS eLegy server

hehe good times..

Oh and what happend to Hawkeyes

Edited January 30, 2008 by Kherios

Edited by Kherios

The internet was wild back then.

The internet was wild back then.  - Also, I can't remember if it was ghostd or not, but like, some crazy mother fucker was pretending to be two different people in the clan.  One female, one male, and like, got found out, and was all like, I'm gonna kill myself because you guys discovered my homosexual double internet life.  Good times.  Lmao

37 minutes ago, Dave Stocker said:

The internet was wild back then.

The internet was wild back then.  - Also, I can't remember if it was ghostd or not, but like, some crazy mother fucker was pretending to be two different people in the clan.  One female, one male, and like, got found out, and was all like, I'm gonna kill myself because you guys discovered my homosexual double internet life.  Good times.  Lmao

goddess(OD)= ghostd(OD) =Karma(OD) he did it twice not once LOL

That happened.  Yes.  I'm thinking of someone different though.  This person was like a weird, goth kid.  I remember he posted pictures of himself on the forum, and he had like black eye liner, a spiked choker, the whole get up.  Super high pitched voice too.  And the whole internet-suicide drama was like off the charts.  Loki?  I think it was a kid named Loki.  Not Bryce (gringo) - he started using that name later.

1 minute ago, Dave Stocker said:

That happened.  Yes.  I'm thinking of someone different though.  This person was like a weird, goth kid.  I remember he posted pictures of himself on the forum, and he had like black eye liner, a spiked choker, the whole get up.  Super high pitched voice too.  And the whole internet-suicide drama was like off the charts.  Loki?  I think it was a kid named Loki.  Not Bryce (gringo) - he started using that name later.

Coffee, electronically delivered Nicotine check. Ill find this fucker just wait HAHAHA oh going thru the years of stuff will be worth it

I remember he cried to me on ventrilo.  He had been found out, and was trying to talk to me about it, in some kind of panic, and thats when the suicide routine started.

7 minutes ago, Dave Stocker said:

I remember he cried to me on ventrilo.  He had been found out, and was trying to talk to me about it, in some kind of panic, and thats when the suicide routine started.

I have vague recollections of it, If it was the only Incident of that nature it would be easy as hell to figure out but sadly its not the first and definitely the last 

Sometimes I wonder if OD is really just like seven dudes in their mother's basement's pretending to be 200+ unique individuals.  

• Upvote 1