Ganesh(OD)

Web \ forum feedback \ suggestions

Hello all,

There will be updates coming over the next month depending on spare time to the forums + website.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. If you have suggestions please post them here http://forum.overdosed.net/forum/323-public-opinion/

I'm fairly new to php to bare with me all my expierence is rounded around object oriented programming so it should be a smooth transition. Name is Jay, or Ganesh. I've been programming for 8 years, I started with Java making RSPS's. I've had 4 successful profiting servers. My languages are Python Ruby AWS Java JS HTML 5 CSS and learning PHP. 

Any questions comments or concerns shall be addressed here. Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

Thanks in advance for your help. It is rare to come by volunteer coders, and we are privileged to have any that do.

Hi Jay and thank you for all your hard work.  I have some computer skills, but definitely usually just fumble my way around.  As a new member, I've been struggling to find my way around.  Here are a few suggestions that maybe you can devise a way to make it easier.

1.  Everybody keeps asking me to download TeamSpeak, however, there's no easy way to figure it out in my humble low computer skill set.  I finally figured out how to d/l it, but had to search and search for the IP or channel.  Once I got there, can't figure out how to find people.  I read the discussion of possibly changing over to Discord, but for now OD uses both.  I haven't looked at Discord, but again, there should be a pinned guide with instructions.

2.  I noticed there is a huge recruitment, so there are new members everywhere.  Perhaps a separate section to the forum for new members with topics that would be helpful in navigating both the main web site and the forum?  I'm sure these questions have come up before and are somewhere on the forums already, but having them in a central location would be very helpful.

I don't want to add to many thoughts to this, so will stop at these two main ones.  Again, thank you for your computer skills!

• Upvote 1

Glad to see updates are happening! Change is always nice!

Please let me know if you require and graphics made. I can assist with that part.

On 1/6/2018 at 8:46 PM, Purplez(OD) said:

Hi Jay and thank you for all your hard work.  I have some computer skills, but definitely usually just fumble my way around.  As a new member, I've been struggling to find my way around.  Here are a few suggestions that maybe you can devise a way to make it easier.

1.  Everybody keeps asking me to download TeamSpeak, however, there's no easy way to figure it out in my humble low computer skill set.  I finally figured out how to d/l it, but had to search and search for the IP or channel.  Once I got there, can't figure out how to find people.  I read the discussion of possibly changing over to Discord, but for now OD uses both.  I haven't looked at Discord, but again, there should be a pinned guide with instructions.

2.  I noticed there is a huge recruitment, so there are new members everywhere.  Perhaps a separate section to the forum for new members with topics that would be helpful in navigating both the main web site and the forum?  I'm sure these questions have come up before and are somewhere on the forums already, but having them in a central location would be very helpful.

I don't want to add to many thoughts to this, so will stop at these two main ones.  Again, thank you for your computer skills!

Feel free to add as many thoughts as you like I'll create a navbar with the ts3 DL + info. I just blew the clutch out of my focus so I've been dealing with that here lately. Hopefully I won't take longer then a week on the updates.

On 1/6/2018 at 5:00 PM, Ganesh(OD) said:

Hello all,

There will be updates coming over the next month depending on spare time to the forums + website.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. If you have suggestions please post them here http://forum.overdosed.net/forum/323-public-opinion/

I'm fairly new to php to bare with me all my expierence is rounded around object oriented programming so it should be a smooth transition. Name is Jay, or Ganesh. I've been programming for 8 years, I started with Java making RSPS's. I've had 4 successful profiting servers. My languages are Python Ruby AWS Java JS HTML 5 CSS and learning PHP. 

Any questions comments or concerns shall be addressed here. Thanks for your time.

Thank you for volunteering the time to help out! not often we see someone with this kind of experience and very willing to help.

On 1/6/2018 at 4:00 PM, Ganesh(OD) said:

Hello all,

Always nice to see people with your skill set volunteering your time. I tip my hat to you sir. Thank you in advance for any work you do for the community. Your time is much appreciated.