Townkill(OD)

Extra silicon on chip

What do I do here. Is ok to leave it on, I'll have to use a different screw however and am concerned with spacing. Do I break it or cut off? It's the exact part, so do I send it back for another?

15151880388671683679839.jpg

The pacifist in me says wait it out for an expert the other type says fuck it snaper off whats it gonna hurt but it might break a connection id wait for like @CompFreak(OD)

Im right there with you. Xd

Posted (edited)

Personally, I'd first score it quite a few times with a knife, then slowly work the extra pcb back and forth until it snapped off, but that's me....  I guess it's up to your comfort level with it... best of luck!

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

:kissed: thanks. That is what I ended up doing. I also debated those scissors for plastic, with the straight edge on one side, while sharp on the other. Luckily I broke nothing scoring through the silicon.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:27 AM, Townkill(OD) said:

:kissed: thanks. That is what I ended up doing. I also debated those scissors for plastic, with the straight edge on one side, while sharp on the other. Luckily I broke nothing scoring through the silicon.

Scissors are not something I'd personally trust with cutting something hardened that has 7-15 layers of PCB... (not exactly plastic). Glad it worked out for you :thumbsup: