Froggie420(OD)

mouse?

9 posts in this topic

looking to get a new mouse... any suggestions? i play diablo 2 only. 

Price Range?

Logitech m720 triathlon is decent and mid range priced

25 minutes ago, Disco said:

Price Range?

Logitech m720 triathlon is decent and mid range priced

under 100$ us

What grip type?

Check out www.rocketjumpninja.com. He has great guides for finding a mouse for you. 

I'm not a huge Razor fanboy, but I've been using a Deathadder Chroma for a few years and I love it.

Otherwise there are plenty of flavors of mice out there that are wayyyyyyyy less that $100 dollars that would work.

all depends what you want having stated you play d2 mainly I wouldnt say you need a retardedly high DPM for you mouse, I do agree with Mike as you can find a razr for 50-75$ that will do the trick for the best bang for your buck. Unless your like me and somehow walk into a store and see they miss labelled the 350$ mouse with a 65$ price tag then you buy buy buy HAHA

You’re playing D2... why in the bloody hell would you spend $50 on a mouse when a bare bones $5(if that, although they love to charge more than that) would suffice for the game you want to play. Heck it’d suffice for Starcraft(1 or 2) and a lot of games. Unless you play FPS, not much having a super duper mouse would give you over a bare bones one(and even then I’d have a gaming controller for situations like that)

I use a Logitech G502 proteus mouse at work, and a Gskill 780mx at home. I prefer the feel of the Logitech, but the software for the Gskill is far superior and less buggy... As for only playing D2, I can definitely agree with @DarkHelmet, that you could spend only $5-10 for the most basic of mice, and be just fine, but if you want customizations with lighting / macros / programmable buttons / etc., then that simply won't suffice. My suggestion is that you go to a store like micro center, best buy, etc. where they have different types of mice on display, where you can hold them in your hand, feel the weight, check out the placement of extra buttons, see the different rgb options, etc.. This way you can really decide for yourself as to what features you like / dislike. Top brands in my opinion, are (in no particular order): Logitech, Razor, and Gskill (even though they really only have 1 model, I must say that the feel and programmability, along with build quality has really impressed me). 

My only suggestion is that you get a WIRED mouse, over wireless. Nothing can irritate more than a mouse that the battery dies during a gaming session, or the input lag possibilities (however logitech has recently come out with a prototype mouse that charges wirelessly through the special mousepad it comes with, even during use, and has lag that is not noticeable to even the highest demanding gamers, but comes at a heft price tag).