griswold(OD)

Griswold(OD) Why is it overdosed?

Hey fellow clan members!

I just wanted to post something so you all can get to know me and so we can start out by being totally awesome. Why is clan OD so tight for people playing Diablo 2? Previously all of my gaming was a solo event. Bot up until you get to a high enough level to actually start doing shit in the game. That experience drove me away from diablo for YEARS. With clan members starting teams and having open forum discussions the game feels like a new place. Weirdly sentimental attachments to old school gaming combined with a lack of excitement about D3 always bring me back here. With such a large community it feels like we should be doing something to get the game we all really want and deserve. While D3 pays homage to D2 and D1 in a lot of ways it just isn't the same game. We've been following blizzard for years, and they can't give us something truly exciting to play. SC2 is the best remake of a classic game, because it stayed true to the things that made the original gameplay amazing but invoked a new community of dedicated players.

So what now.

With D3 sucking eggs our only option is to bring back the vicious D2 community. Maybe, just maybe with enough support and good ideas we can influence blizzard to either remaster the game (professionally as opposed to some third party private bs) or show them where they went right and that in fact it was so right that we still play, for some of us more than 15 years after the release. 

Thanks for the recruit Boydbrooks(OD) 

• Like 1

D3 doesn't suck eggs. It's just... different. Its not the Diablo that we remember from its first incarnation or heck the much touted and successful sequel in Diablo 2(that still has numerous bugs lol). Its more of a casual hack and slash similar to the arcade game Gauntlet(cant tell you how many quarters I dumped into that one time). Some people prefer the old school Diablo feel that 1 and more importantly 2 provides while some don't mind the Hack and Slash that Diablo 3 provides. If there is any downside is that Diablo 3 lacks any sort of Economy so one can't simply trade or get particular gear they want or need. That leaves it up to the RNG gods which frankly D2 limited to great success imo. I mean sure drops are random but when something drops, you know what you're going to get and with what mods/stats. D3... they threw that out the window with the random primary/secondary crap and main stat... is all that matters. Some people like how Diablo 3 operates so better to leave it be than to outright trash it(Plus we support it so that's even more reason to leave it alone).

I'm not that knowledgeable about the clan's beginnings but what I do know is that one of the Founders did actually die from an overdose. Therefore there's irony within the name. It's also been around for so long that it would be blasphemy to even consider changing it. If we were, it'd be Spaceballs or bust. Seriously folks, who wouldn't want to join a band of marauders going to plaid? I'm Steve or DarkHelmet(DH for short) and I welcome you to Overdosed. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and if you got issues, talk to an Officer or General within your main game. If all else fails, bother a Commander(they need a swift kick in their ass anyway :P).

• Like 1

You are correct Steve, it is mostly a matter of preference. D3 didn't do horrible in terms of graphics and toons but nonetheless I am way bigger of a fan of D2. My post wasn't meant to question the origin, but more to explain why I like the idea so much. "As in Why did I choose to join up?" Really do appreciate your welcoming words brother!

Welcome aboard, we all OD on gaming, i konw my 8+ hours a day piss of the wife XD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarkHelmet said:

Some people like how Diablo 3 operates so better to leave it be than to outright trash it(Plus we support it so that's even more reason to leave it alone).

HaHAHAHAHA its like you knew I would read this post

welcome gris! i personally agree with d3 sucking eggs.. it is more like WoW then diablo.. to me.

• Like 1

Diablo 3 can suck my Left $@&# ,,,lol,, the problem with D3 was they  took out the Personalization and freedom you had in Diablo 2