Sign in to follow this  
Sarnith

Group Grifting

20 posts in this topic

Alright - so i've seen next to no communication on here in regards to who is playing what, or what they're aiming for build wise.  I understnad this changes a lot with the RNG of gear.  Hell, I was gonna go impale on my demon hunter and ended up with an ancient yangs - so rip that right?

 

As of now i have a multishot DH, and a ZDps Monk ready to go.  If anyone is interested in grouping - hit me up if I'm around in game and if I can, I happily will!

 

What do you all have?  What do you play?  What do you enjoy?  What does your build bring to the group?  

 

Cheers,

Sarnith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barbs are my favorite class and I opted to go Barb this season instead of Wizard because the IK Set was the Free Set given this Season. I created two builds: One balanced with equal Damage via Seismic Slam and decent Damage from the Ancients thanks to Enforcer Gem. The other build disregards the Ancients as an Offensive component and merely uses them as a DR Dump in favor of going all out on HotA via the Gavel Weapon. The upside to the latter build is that it does two things thanks to the buffed Gavel. Firstly, it yields at minimum 30% boost to Critical Hit Chance thanks to the Gavel yielding more Fury than I utilize and in conjunction with Unforgiving Passive means it’s always at maximum Fury. Being at maximum Fury, thanks to Unforgiving passive, also means 100% uptime of Berserker Rage Passive and Aquila Cuirass in cube. Both buffs are hard to maintain and yet are always up thanks to the Gavel.

 

With ideal gear, it’s possible to hit 100% CHC, hence fully utilizing the 430% CHD and always taking advantage of Battle Rage’s rune to get Life on Critical Hits. Cooldown is a bit lacking at about 49% with ideal gear, hence Ground Stomp takes 6 seconds to recharge(just enough for Band of Might Ring).

 

Im currently running the latter IK Build but what makes it really nice is that with a bit of tweaking, it can convert into a really nice Support Barb, capable of yielding IP all the time and having a Toughness that is quite formidable.

 

I need to upgrade my gear a lot if I’m going to push into higher GRifts. I cleared 70 solo but I’d like to get Ancient Gavel, not to mention Ancient Armor(only got an Ancient IK Belt) before trying to push higher. Doesn’t mean I can’t join in on higher GRifts, just don’t expect me to kill quickly as this build theoretically can push as high as about 600 Billion or about 1.2 Trillion with all buffs and high Paragon(800 at minimum).

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play only shadow impale build.Mostly I group with  TiedyeT(OD), Optimusmike(OD) and Tex(OD) for high Gr's.we did few high GRs like 99.i hope this season OD will be on the leaderboard.

   when I on the game I try to play everyone. I'm going to make HC shadow,  in few days I will able to help on HC side also.Hit me up when I play. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run a pretty decent Hota Barb that can solo 95, got some variations on it to run with zmonks or for speed, etc. My connect gets crappy sometimes so afternoon groups have been best for me so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TieDyeT(OD) said:

I run a pretty decent Hota Barb that can solo 95, got some variations on it to run with zmonks or for speed, etc. My connect gets crappy sometimes so afternoon groups have been best for me so far.

You've been on more than I have. The fact you can solo 95 means my build has potential to say the least :). Grats on getting that high by the way. You still using Veteran Warning rune on War Cry or you swap to Impunity? Keep in mind Dodge is a false sense of Toughness. You fail to Dodge and that blow hits harder than had you gone with Impunity rune ;)

 

Anyways, I might take a break from D3 over next couple of weeks to see if I can't finish a Ladder character before it resets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I prefer my Zdps monk for sure.  Broke it out for some casual 80's with Prozackk, leyah, and buck3t and we had a blast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pretty much play WOL Monk or ZDPS Monk. I have a Condemn sader, but Monk is just way more fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work every weekend as Most of the guys know by now but through monday-thrusday I usually spend 8-10 hours gaming a day if I can squeeze it in ( not having a life helps alot ) gotta my MS and my meteor wiz if ever you wanna group up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkHelmet said:

You've been on more than I have. The fact you can solo 95 means my build has potential to say the least :). Grats on getting that high by the way. You still using Veteran Warning rune on War Cry or you swap to Impunity? Keep in mind Dodge is a false sense of Toughness. You fail to Dodge and that blow hits harder than had you gone with Impunity rune ;)

 

Anyways, I might take a break from D3 over next couple of weeks to see if I can't finish a Ladder character before it resets.

Thanks, yea it's true i got more time to grind, means more gem lvls, more anc, etc. At this point I stopped using War Cry because it wasn't enough toughness in the higher gr's so I put Aquilla's in cube (instead of Mfists) then use Threatening Shout>Falter for a 25% dmg boost instead. This seems to keep my dmg in place while giving me a better DR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TieDyeT(OD) said:

Thanks, yea it's true i got more time to grind, means more gem lvls, more anc, etc. At this point I stopped using War Cry because it wasn't enough toughness in the higher gr's so I put Aquilla's in cube (instead of Mfists) then use Threatening Shout>Falter for a 25% dmg boost instead. This seems to keep my dmg in place while giving me a better DR.

I use Aquila in cube with WC Impunity for the Toughness. If memory serves, Threatening Shout(Falter) yields a 25% Debuff on affected enemies. Seeing as you run a Fire HotA build via Smash rune(which has a higher skill modifier that I'm exploring switching to for obvious reasons), you're gaining about 110 Billion Damage with all buffs active at the expense of about 310 million Toughness. With perfect gear, you're pushing about 1 Billion Toughness while WC(Impunity) pushes you over 1.3 Billion. WC(Veteran Warning) yields a higher Toughness value but remember that Dodge yields a false sense of security. Its known as "Soft Toughness" for a reason ;). Compare that to 673 Billion Damage with WC(Impunity) to 786 Billion with Threatening Shout(Falter).

 

Both shouts are good Multiplayer buffs as one buffs Toughness of all Allies while the other debuffs enemies. Question is whether the extra boost in Damage is worth the loss in Toughness. I will say this though, your shout would work perfectly with another Barb in the party. One goes WC for the toughness boost while the other does Threatening Shout to add that debuff. Its too bad you can't do Ignore Pain too(that's 50 DR if you can maintain it, which is very difficult to do if you intend to use Mob Rule rune that grants 25 DR and CC immunity to allies. You'd basically need 66% Cooldown to run it 24/7). If HotA didn't demand a Bracer slot, I'd also advocate looking into Strongarm Bracers. That's 30% debuff when using knockback abilities(like Ground Stomp(Wrenching Smash)).

 

Anyways... back on topic :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel bad for barbs, my monk sits comfortably at 79.6% dodge :3  -- before gogok :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sarnith said:

Feel bad for barbs, my monk sits comfortably at 79.6% dodge :3  -- before gogok :D

Do you run gogok on zdps? I rarely drop below 90% and I run iceblink, efficacious toxin, and esoteric

Edited by OptimusMike(OD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OptimusMike(OD) said:

Do you run gogok on zdps? I rarely drop below 90% and I run iceblink, efficacious toxin, and esoteric

I run Gogok, Gizzard [life regen / bubble], and Efficacious Toxin.

 

Reason being - the people I primarily play with simply don't need the crit chance.  So I take the iceblink and play with gizzard.  My regen is nearly 200k life / second so i have effectively 1.5 mil hp due to the near 400k bubble.  Which refreshes if i don't take damage in 4 seconds.  Which definitely happens cause I dodge the whole world.

 

I use a variant of the ZDps monk build.   My build is https://ibb.co/nN0rCm

Edited by Sarnith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sarnith said:

I run Gogok, Gizzard [life regen / bubble], and Efficacious Toxin.

 

Reason being - the people I primarily play with simply don't need the crit chance.  So I take the iceblink and play with gizzard.  My regen is nearly 200k life / second so i have effectively 1.5 mil hp due to the near 400k bubble.  Which refreshes if i don't take damage in 4 seconds.  Which definitely happens cause I dodge the whole world.

 

I use a variant of the ZDps monk build.   My build is https://ibb.co/nN0rCm

Interesting build, although it doesn't show your gear :P. Guardian Path(35%), Mantra of Salvation(Agility: 35%), Dashing Strike(Blinding Speed: 40%), Gogok Gem(7.5-30% based on rank and number of stacks). Assuming Rank 150 Gogok(which is unheard of but lets assume ideal conditions), you're at 82.3% Dodge. Tack on War Cry(Veteran Warning) and it rises to 87.6%. That's the absolute maximum one can hope to achieve if I'm not mistaken. Realistically though, your Dodge is roughly 80% with Gogok Gem at 15 stacks. What puzzles me is why Tsunami rune and not Breaking Wave rune to apply a 10% Damage debuff? You don't have Iceblink so... why the need for a cold rune to freeze enemies? Is it for Bane of Trapped Gem on ranged allies unable to apply a CC effect or some other reason I just don't see. Even Concussion to reduce their Damage seems more prudent than just Freezing them due to CC resistance.

 

Serenity is an interesting choice to redirect stuff your way but I question the need for that if you run Mantra of Healing(which grants an Absorb shield to them that can be refreshed) and Near Death Experience passive if your Dodge is as high as it is(tack on the fact you have Serenity and dual element immunity(Fire and Poison would be the most prudent in my eyes but to each their own as to what element they want to remove)).

 

Is NDE passive for the off-chance your Dodge fails and you get whacked to heaven because Dodge is "Soft Toughness" or is it for another reason I don't know. I'd think it'd be better to use Unity to give Allies another 5% Damage boost or maybe Chant of Resonance to reduce cost of using Mantras so as to maintain the Mantra of Healing Shield(while boosting Spirit Regeneration by 4 to 40/second. That's without Crippling wave too). Then instead of Serenity, use Inner Sanctuary(Intervene or Safe Haven). The upside to Inner Sanctuary is that it reduces Damage by 55%(even for Allies should they be there) and can be kept going 24/7 due to the cooldown you'll likely have.

 

Besides, its possible(although very tough to achieve) to get 100% uptime on Epiphany without the need for an Obsidian Ring(just need Gogok at 15 stacks 24/7 lol). Then you can plop a Unity ring for those that want it, have 10 Mystic Allies without needing the skill on your bar to occupy foes, have all the benefits of Inna-6(double spirit regeneration, life regeneration, max life, slow attack... *cough* slow is a CC effect so just saying and boost to damage thanks to fire ally(granted you wont need it)) and basically help allies rape while having a Toughness value in the 10+ Billion range(largely due to having 80% Dodge).

 

TLDR: Your build looks like it could use some fine-tuning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DarkHelmet said:

Interesting build, although it doesn't show your gear :P. Guardian Path(35%), Mantra of Salvation(Agility: 35%), Dashing Strike(Blinding Speed: 40%), Gogok Gem(7.5-30% based on rank and number of stacks). Assuming Rank 150 Gogok(which is unheard of but lets assume ideal conditions), you're at 82.3% Dodge. Tack on War Cry(Veteran Warning) and it rises to 87.6%. That's the absolute maximum one can hope to achieve if I'm not mistaken. Realistically though, your Dodge is roughly 80% with Gogok Gem at 15 stacks. What puzzles me is why Tsunami rune and not Breaking Wave rune to apply a 10% Damage debuff? You don't have Iceblink so... why the need for a cold rune to freeze enemies? Is it for Bane of Trapped Gem on ranged allies unable to apply a CC effect or some other reason I just don't see. Even Concussion to reduce their Damage seems more prudent than just Freezing them due to CC resistance.

 

Serenity is an interesting choice to redirect stuff your way but I question the need for that if you run Mantra of Healing(which grants an Absorb shield to them that can be refreshed) and Near Death Experience passive if your Dodge is as high as it is(tack on the fact you have Serenity and dual element immunity(Fire and Poison would be the most prudent in my eyes but to each their own as to what element they want to remove)).

 

Is NDE passive for the off-chance your Dodge fails and you get whacked to heaven because Dodge is "Soft Toughness" or is it for another reason I don't know. I'd think it'd be better to use Unity to give Allies another 5% Damage boost or maybe Chant of Resonance to reduce cost of using Mantras so as to maintain the Mantra of Healing Shield(while boosting Spirit Regeneration by 4 to 40/second. That's without Crippling wave too). Then instead of Serenity, use Inner Sanctuary(Intervene or Safe Haven). The upside to Inner Sanctuary is that it reduces Damage by 55%(even for Allies should they be there) and can be kept going 24/7 due to the cooldown you'll likely have.

 

Besides, its possible(although very tough to achieve) to get 100% uptime on Epiphany without the need for an Obsidian Ring(just need Gogok at 15 stacks 24/7 lol). Then you can plop a Unity ring for those that want it, have 10 Mystic Allies without needing the skill on your bar to occupy foes, have all the benefits of Inna-6(double spirit regeneration, life regeneration, max life, slow attack... *cough* slow is a CC effect so just saying and boost to damage thanks to fire ally(granted you wont need it)) and basically help allies rape while having a Toughness value in the 10+ Billion range(largely due to having 80% Dodge).

 

TLDR: Your build looks like it could use some fine-tuning.

 

So I'm not using Ice Blink because most of the players I run with are over 50%+ crit, meaning that 10% gain is very, very minimal for their overall output.  If I were running with characters that had a much lower crit priority, sure.

 

The Inna's 6 set just doesn't compete like it used to.  The primary and most important reason behind this is that in previous seasons [season 10 and under]  The monk healing skills almost ALL scaled off of Life Per Second.  Before I rebirthed this monk, it had 1.5 mil hp, had life per second on almost every piece of gear and was rocking an easy 1 mil life per second.  It simply couldn't die unless I was one shot.

 

But NOW, the monk healing skills mostly scale off of healing globe bonus, which changes up a handful of things.  In addition to the slanderer / lil rogue dual wield.  It's very very easy to hit 5 attacks per second - in addition to the stacking armor buff that those 2 weapons give you.  It's also 2 sources of 10% CDR [weapons can roll to 10, while shields only go to 8].  So right now, sitting afk in town my monk is currently at 70.86% CDR as of this reply.

 

Why NDE?  Just as you said, Dodge is a soft source of toughness.  It /can/ fail.  In case it does, or in case I'm human and f*** up, it's there.  I do want to run dual immunities, but I just rolled a hellfire amulet with 8 CDR and the Harmony passive, so I might change it up a bit [currently using an Ess of Johan for phatter pulls].  If I don't feel like running Sixth Sense, I will likely be taking Unity for Damage.  

 

Why Tsunami without Ice Blink?  This also goes back to knowing my groups characters.  As of now, nobody I have run with has a freezing affix on their gear. Because of this, Freeze will be on it's own resistance table meaning i'm guarenteed to get it off reliably.  IF I were to switch from this due to charge barbs [they freeze], or players with freezing mods, I would switch to Breaking Wave.

 

If I decided to not run Serenity, I'd probably run blinding flash - crippling light.  However, I've noticed provided CC Immunity and the small damage redirect spammed out [due to zodiac, which I will cover that choice shortly] has heavily impacted my groups survivability -- especially charge barbs that run with me.

 

Why Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac when I'm already damn near 100% epiphany uptime?  It makes Serenity have a virtual 1-2 second cooldown in combat, making me damn near indestructable.  With blinding flash on instead, i'd simply be blind spamming while refreshing the damage reduction.

 

This also makes my dashing strike have a 1-4 second refresh timer so I can keep up with the Impale Demon Hunters.  It's damn hard for me to fall behind them where's actual combat to be had, which is a typical problem for the Zdps Monk when paired with elite hunters.  It absolutely ensures my maximum dodge percentage uptime as well as my buff and debuff uptime.

 

Edit -- noticed I forgot to mention Inner Sanctuary.  Yeah, for some reason nobody stands in it so I stopped using it.  -shrugs-  They don't even stand in occulus circles for free damage :*(

 

Edited by Sarnith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sarnith said:

 

So I'm not using Ice Blink because most of the players I run with are over 50%+ crit, meaning that 10% gain is very, very minimal for their overall output.  If I were running with characters that had a much lower crit priority, sure.

 

The Inna's 6 set just doesn't compete like it used to.  The primary and most important reason behind this is that in previous seasons [season 10 and under]  The monk healing skills almost ALL scaled off of Life Per Second.  Before I rebirthed this monk, it had 1.5 mil hp, had life per second on almost every piece of gear and was rocking an easy 1 mil life per second.  It simply couldn't die unless I was one shot.

 

But NOW, the monk healing skills mostly scale off of healing globe bonus, which changes up a handful of things.  In addition to the slanderer / lil rogue dual wield.  It's very very easy to hit 5 attacks per second - in addition to the stacking armor buff that those 2 weapons give you.  It's also 2 sources of 10% CDR [weapons can roll to 10, while shields only go to 8].  So right now, sitting afk in town my monk is currently at 70.86% CDR as of this reply.

 

Why NDE?  Just as you said, Dodge is a soft source of toughness.  It /can/ fail.  In case it does, or in case I'm human and f*** up, it's there.  I do want to run dual immunities, but I just rolled a hellfire amulet with 8 CDR and the Harmony passive, so I might change it up a bit [currently using an Ess of Johan for phatter pulls].  If I don't feel like running Sixth Sense, I will likely be taking Unity for Damage.  

 

Why Tsunami without Ice Blink?  This also goes back to knowing my groups characters.  As of now, nobody I have run with has a freezing affix on their gear. Because of this, Freeze will be on it's own resistance table meaning i'm guarenteed to get it off reliably.  IF I were to switch from this due to charge barbs [they freeze], or players with freezing mods, I would switch to Breaking Wave.

 

If I decided to not run Serenity, I'd probably run blinding flash - crippling light.  However, I've noticed provided CC Immunity and the small damage redirect spammed out [due to zodiac, which I will cover that choice shortly] has heavily impacted my groups survivability -- especially charge barbs that run with me.

 

Why Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac when I'm already damn near 100% epiphany uptime?  It makes Serenity have a virtual 1-2 second cooldown in combat, making me damn near indestructable.  With blinding flash on instead, i'd simply be blind spamming while refreshing the damage reduction.

 

This also makes my dashing strike have a 1-4 second refresh timer so I can keep up with the Impale Demon Hunters.  It's damn hard for me to fall behind them where's actual combat to be had, which is a typical problem for the Zdps Monk when paired with elite hunters.  It absolutely ensures my maximum dodge percentage uptime as well as my buff and debuff uptime.

 

Edit -- noticed I forgot to mention Inner Sanctuary.  Yeah, for some reason nobody stands in it so I stopped using it.  -shrugs-  They don't even stand in occulus circles for free damage :*(

 

Even though Freezing enemies is nice, it does jack when it comes to helping Allies kill, hence I'd swap to Breaking Wave for the Debuff. NDE reasoning makes sense(even more so on Hardcore). To have 70.9% CDR when standing in town means you have Leoric's in Cube no? Nearly flawless Cooldown rolls too seeing as 71.17% is absolute most one could hope for with Cooldown everywhere in a dual-wield set-up(with 75.50% with Gogok at 15 stacks).

 

My Heal/Tank build opts for Crystal Fist and another Fist Weapon(say Logan's Claw or w/e Weapon that is halfway decent) and Flying Dragon in Cube(temporarily buffing my attack speed every so often). That set-up can hit some pretty wicked attack speed but Slanderer yields more Armor, which I suppose isn't a bad idea due to wanting to proc Obsidian Ring as often as possible.

 

I also don't think Inna Set sucks. The six piece bonus grants you all 5 Mystic Allies for free, regardless if you have them on your Skill Bar or not. The 2-piece bonus then doubles their base effect. In this case, Fire Damage bonus is doubled from 10% to 20%(meaningless in a Tank build but I'm just noting it), increase the Slow Effect from 60% to 120%(seems a bit high so I'll go with 90% lol), Spirit Regeneration from 4 to 8, Life Regeneration from 10.7k to 21.4k and Max Life from 20% to 40%. Crudest Boots, as you know, doubles the amount of Mystic Allies, hence doubling those effects yet again to 40% Damage buff, Spirit Regeneration to 16, 42.8k Life Regeneration and 80% Max Life(that's insane since with Paragon, you're already doubling your max life). Keep in mind the Mystic Ally buff feeds off LPS buffs(such as Molten Wildebeest Gem or LPS on Gear), as does Mantra of Healing buff you get from Inna-4(in other words, they mutually benefit one another and even more so if you choose Mantra of Healing(Sustenance)). You rank up your gems and your Toughness can be really good along with a respectable LPS that bolsters that Molten Absorb Shield.

 

Here's my suggestion to your Monk build:

 

LClick: Crippling Wave(Breaking Wave): 10% Damage debuff

RClick: Serenity(Tranquility): Invulnerability for you and absorbing Damage for Allies. Short Cooldown once it expires.

Slot 1: Dashing Strike(Blinding Speed). Dodge boost with short cooldown.

Slot 2: Cyclone Strike(Implosion). Increases pull and is main means of activating Epiphany bonus for Allies, along with Strongarm bracers.

Slot 3: Epiphany(Soothing Mist). With Gogok in full swing, 100% uptime is achieved. Obsidian Ring ensures 100% uptime for this unique skill that grants 20 Spirit Generation/second, CC Immunity and a global Healing effect for nearby Allies whenever you use an ability(on top of all the global LPS you provide).

Slot 4: Mantra of Salvation(Agility). Part of me wants to swap to Mantra of Healing for the Shield but Serenity fills that role quite well. If there is another Monk in the party, Mantra of Healing seems to be the prudent option, although you could go Mantra of Conviction and increase the debuff applied from 16% to 20%.

 

Passives:

Beacon of Ytar: Cooldown buff

Guardian's Path: Dodge buff

Unity: Group Damage buff

Near Death Experience: Free Life

 

Gear:

Istvan's Paired Blades: AKA Slanderer Set. Boosts Damage, Armor and Attack speed when spending primary resource. Roll with +Damage, Dex, Vitality and Cooldown. Add a Socket via Gift and go with Amethyst for LoH.

 

Inna Set: Helm, Gloves, Chest, Belt, and Pants. 6-piece via RRoG. Yields all Mystic Allies and Mantras while bolstering both passive effects. Roll with the following:

Helm: Dex, Vit, LPS, Socket(Diamond). Secondary Resist.

Gloves: Dex, Vit, LPS, Cooldown. Secondary Resist.

Chest: Dex, Vit, Elite DR, Sockets(3xDiamond). Melee/Missile DR and/or Secondary Resist

Belt: Dex, Vit, All Resistance, %Life/LPS

Pants: Dex, Vit, All Resistance, Sockets(2xDiamond)

 

Boots: Crudest Boots. Doubles Mystic Ally buff. Roll off Movement Speed if you can to obtain Dex, Vit, All Resistance and LPS.

Bracers: Spirit Guards. Buffed in 2.61 to yield as much as 60% DR. Try to get Dex, Vit, All Resistance and LPS. Melee/Missile DR if you can as well.

Rings: Ring of Royal Grandeur and Obsidian Ring of Zodiac. RRoG ensures Inna-6 while Obsidian Ring gives more Cooldown help. For RRoG, try and get Dex, IAS, Cooldown and Socket while Obsidian Ring gets IAS, Cooldown, Resource Cost and Socket. Secondary Resists on both if possible

Amulet: Star of Azkaranth. Rolls with Cooldown as standard but its rare. Try and get Dex, Vitality/LPS, Cooldown and Socket.

 

Cube: Crystal Fist(Weapon), Leoric's Crown(Armor), Mara's Kaleidoscope(Jewelry). Crystal Fist yields 50 DR after using Dashing Strike, Leoric's doubles Cooldown buff from Helm and Mara's yields another Immunity. With Fire and Poison Immunity, you're immune to Molten(including their Explosion), Fire Chains, Mortar, Plagued, Poison Enchanted and all Fire/Poison related effects.

 

Legendary Gems:

Gogok of Swiftness: Dodge, IAS and Cooldown boost

Molten Wildebeest: With high LPS granted from Mantra of Healing, Mystic Ally and the Gem itself, the shield should give a sizable absorb shield.

Efficacious Toxin: Applies 10% Debuff on enemies while also reducing their damage 10%

 

With perfect gear, Toughness with all buffs active surpasses 6 Billion while LPS is over 220k(of which about 38k is from Mantra of Healing). Epiphany is about 19k per use. If you go with %Life on Belt, you hit 120% max Life for roughly 2 million life(1.991). Tack on the shield and dual immunity and honestly this Monk isn't half bad. Is it better than a support Barb? Eh thats up for debate honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DarkHelmet [figured i'd save some real estatefrom quoting here].   

 

My leorics I actually wear with 96% and it's ancient with high dex, high vit, and high all res.  If I were to swap out of my current set up to 6piece innas i would need to roll a spirit guard with a high DR %%, remove my strongarms [most people wear one anyways and i've been forced to use my nems which isn't awful either but still].

 

Also, don't double fist if you're going full tank.  Use a stormshield in your offhand for another 30% melee DR.  It's super helpful.  If I go inna helm / belt / chest / legs / glove / boot for 6 piece [i'm using an immunity in cube, not a rorg by personal preference].   I only lose 5.27% CDR, and since I utilize a Zodiac this impacts me very very minimally.

 

At the moment my belt is a primal ancient chord of sherma, which applies a mass blinding field as a chance on hit for 4 seconds [in place of blinding flash :D]

 

If you use the 6 piece inna support build, you'll use Mantra of Healing - Sustenance.  The reason being that it double it's effect, which in turn gets redoubled by the set bonus.  Since you're overall life per second is calculated into the regen it offers the party, it essentially double dips the system.  

 

As it stands now the build I'm currently in works in GR 95+ in 4 man games, but I'm willing to try out the 6 piece inna again if I get the legendaries rolled correctly to make the swap and test.

 

I used to play a 6 piece inna support monk and it worked very very well.  But with so many people getting one shot now, I'm wondering if the current is just plain better.

 

Also 

  We've tested the living hell out of this in prior and current season.  Tons of variants work but I honestly think it depends on your group make up.  This will give you the general idea of why the current is so strong tho. 

Edited by Sarnith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sarnith said:

@DarkHelmet [figured i'd save some real estatefrom quoting here].   

 

My leorics I actually wear with 96% and it's ancient with high dex, high vit, and high all res.  If I were to swap out of my current set up to 6piece innas i would need to roll a spirit guard with a high DR %%, remove my strongarms [most people wear one anyways and i've been forced to use my nems which isn't awful either but still].

 

Also, don't double fist if you're going full tank.  Use a stormshield in your offhand for another 30% melee DR.  It's super helpful.  If I go inna helm / belt / chest / legs / glove / boot for 6 piece [i'm using an immunity in cube, not a rorg by personal preference].   I only lose 5.27% CDR, and since I utilize a Zodiac this impacts me very very minimally.

 

At the moment my belt is a primal ancient chord of sherma, which applies a mass blinding field as a chance on hit for 4 seconds [in place of blinding flash :D]

 

If you use the 6 piece inna support build, you'll use Mantra of Healing - Sustenance.  The reason being that it double it's effect, which in turn gets redoubled by the set bonus.  Since you're overall life per second is calculated into the regen it offers the party, it essentially double dips the system.  

 

As it stands now the build I'm currently in works in GR 95+ in 4 man games, but I'm willing to try out the 6 piece inna again if I get the legendaries rolled correctly to make the swap and test.

 

I used to play a 6 piece inna support monk and it worked very very well.  But with so many people getting one shot now, I'm wondering if the current is just plain better.

 

Also 

  We've tested the living hell out of this in prior and current season.  Tons of variants work but I honestly think it depends on your group make up.  This will give you the general idea of why the current is so strong tho. 

I’ll take a look sometime. Beginning to wonder if a ZDPS Barb would be better though. I posted an updated one based off the IK HotA Build I’m running right now. With a few gear swaps, I could run it if I ever get my ass online lol. Surpasses the Toughness value that the Monk has, although the spurts of invulnerability and recovery is rather nice I’ll admit. If there is a drawback to the Barb, it’s a lack of mobility but there’s pro/cons to both types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ideally you run a zdps barb / charge barb and a zdps monk to create density for the damage dealers

 

As for the inna monk ideal -- looking it all over.  The co-efficients have been heavily nerfed, playing a life per second mantra of healing monk isn't nearly as good as playing a healing from globes monk since the %% increases are more than double on a per ability basis.  The healing mantra used to give a LOT more of your LPS to the team, now it's only 7% + 10k.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sarnith said:

ideally you run a zdps barb / charge barb and a zdps monk to create density for the damage dealers

 

As for the inna monk ideal -- looking it all over.  The co-efficients have been heavily nerfed, playing a life per second mantra of healing monk isn't nearly as good as playing a healing from globes monk since the %% increases are more than double on a per ability basis.  The healing mantra used to give a LOT more of your LPS to the team, now it's only 7% + 10k.  

Yeah they nerfed the living hell out of Heal Monks. Its still better than Inspiring Presence Barbarians or other group buffs that boost life regeneration/recovery. I'm going to refine my ZDPS Barb build some more. Got one that can push Toughness to like 11 Billion without even trying lol. Suppose I could swap Ground Stomp for Furious Charge to give it some mobility but I like the ability to pull and stun enemies. Will be exploring tweaking it today and will post results of it sometime today as well(when I have the time lol).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this