Sign in to follow this  
TypeReaL(OD)

Well I tired to be Civil

7 posts in this topic

TyreaLOD11:35 AM

I dont want to be getting reports that your Clan is tryig to take members this is something I wont stand for

imrickyduh12:11 PM

lol

we have 200+ members in less than a month, if people want to join we let them, whether its from od or not, i could care less.

TyreaLOD12:13 PM

I dont think your getting what im saying, If your members wanna recruit fine but dont message my members trying to pull from my roster

200 members eh ?

imrickyduh12:14 PM

I dont personally do that myself, but tbh i could care less how people get others

TyreaLOD12:14 PM

wheres the 177 on your roster?

imrickyduh12:14 PM

its just somewhere to play games with others without all the bs od had

TyreaLOD12:14 PM

We dont have bs

imrickyduh12:15 PM

we dont keep a roster because we dont rly care about that, people come and go as they please

why do you think so many people left od then?

TyreaLOD12:15 PM

Hmm as far as I see only the ones who were cry babies left

imrickyduh12:16 PM

people getting butthurt about certain channels, people talking down to others, officers abusing powers, you name it

TyreaLOD12:16 PM

officers abusing powers go on

haha

TyreaLOD12:16 PM

cuz theres only 2 d3 officers?

if you didnt know already then its not too important

also od had a lot of drama so not too concerned about anything about it anymore

TyreaLOD12:17 PM

your full of !@#$ , your making allegations that you cannont back up and your piss ant little 13 member clan is no more than a thorn in my side, Rectify the problem or I will

imrickyduh12:17 PM

lol go ahead

gl hf

just did a giveaway for $100 gift card whoever recruited the most, guess we'll start another one seeing who can get the most od members

And this is where I ended up In trying to fix a situation with diplomacy over A small clan Trying to take our members Obviously this guy has no clue what hes talking about as his clan sits at 13 members but I was getting reports of them trying to take OD members and I tried to fix it obviously Its your own choice where you play, but recruiting members from an already active clan because you could not handle OD is something that makes me furious enough that one of my members was set to enlisted on their discord so Yeah I was gonna play nicely but I didnt throw the first stone

• Like 2

Just ignore them, and we can let everyone know about the plot of this enemy clan. I thought clan wars were a thing of the past, I guess not. I love the irony, they left because of, "drama," but are insistent on creating more drama. Either way, lets not stoop to their level, it's not worth it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I suddenly feel very much like I'm back in the old days of battle.net again.

Diplomacy isn't really your strong suit, TypeReaL, but that said it wouldn't have mattered in this case because he's obviously not interested in reconciling. What PJ suggested is the best course of action, ignore them and focus on providing for the members of your Division. For all intents and purposes this... individual.. is essentially powerless to harm you, the only way he would be successful at enticing your members away is if your members weren't particularly impressed with being in OD already. If your members are happy then they aren't going to leave for some unknown new group.

You can reinforce this within your Division by perhaps holding a Division meeting with your members and encouraging them to talk to you guys anytime if they have any concerns or requests regarding the Division, remind them that you are there for their needs and gaming experience and let them feel like their opinions matter and that you will listen. It'll make this guys claims of abuse and drama ring pretty hollow to anyone they try to tell it to.

Just out of curiosity, but this person has obviously been involved with OD in some fashion before, is he a former member?

• Like 1

Agreed. It's better to just ignore it and move on. It's not even worth the typing effort. This isn't battle.net when they would just flood our channel with bots if we didn't comply with their demands.

4 hours ago, Terra said:

I suddenly feel very much like I'm back in the old days of battle.net again.

Diplomacy isn't really your strong suit, TypeReaL, but that said it wouldn't have mattered in this case because he's obviously not interested in reconciling. What PJ suggested is the best course of action, ignore them and focus on providing for the members of your Division. For all intents and purposes this... individual.. is essentially powerless to harm you, the only way he would be successful at enticing your members away is if your members weren't particularly impressed with being in OD already. If your members are happy then they aren't going to leave for some unknown new group.

You can reinforce this within your Division by perhaps holding a Division meeting with your members and encouraging them to talk to you guys anytime if they have any concerns or requests regarding the Division, remind them that you are there for their needs and gaming experience and let them feel like their opinions matter and that you will listen. It'll make this guys claims of abuse and drama ring pretty hollow to anyone they try to tell it to.

Just out of curiosity, but this person has obviously been involved with OD in some fashion before, is he a former member?

The old Diablo 3 division that got up and left a few years ago. They consider themselves the, "og," clan overdosed on Diablo 3. It's people who are familiar with OD, and some of them know who I am.

The person Type had spoken to knows me well. He had started a conversation yesterday with me and while we were both being civil, this topic was discussed. I didn't take pictures, but the conversation went well. All I had said was, we don't do that to your members, so please don't do it to ours. He digressed and said while he doesn't tell his members what to do, he said this incident probably won't occur again. 

But a division meeting would be beneficial, I was thinking about having one regardless, but now seems a better time than ever.

Things such as AMA's, fun events, or pretty much anything morale raising that proves wrong any rumors they attempt to spread will do the work for you.  So basically, if you're doing a good job -- just keep doing a good job it'll lay the ground work for you.

Then when players are asked if they want to join the "og" clan, they'll say why?  everything you've told me so far is a crock of shit, why join onto a community I can't trust?  No need to overthink it, worry about it, or whatever.  @Terra 's completely hit the nail on the head for this

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PJPotter(OD) said:

The old Diablo 3 division that got up and left a few years ago. They consider themselves the, "og," clan overdosed on Diablo 3. It's people who are familiar with OD, and some of them know who I am.

The person Type had spoken to knows me well. He had started a conversation yesterday with me and while we were both being civil, this topic was discussed. I didn't take pictures, but the conversation went well. All I had said was, we don't do that to your members, so please don't do it to ours. He digressed and said while he doesn't tell his members what to do, he said this incident probably won't occur again. 

But a division meeting would be beneficial, I was thinking about having one regardless, but now seems a better time than ever.

Just curious. Can I get some names of the people you were talking to, if you have any besides the one that is in the OP? I don't recall the name from TypeReaL's conversation. I was apart of D3 back in the day before this division "died". 

Edited by OptimusMike(OD)