Sign in to follow this  
DarkHelmet

2018 Movie of the Year

11 posts in this topic

Bit premature to call this award(and honestly I could care less 99% of the time) but I think the following might win the award on sheer Starcraft-esque style or "Hell, its about time". I don't normally push sequels but I've been waiting on this one and if it doesn't win Movie of the Year, it sure as hell will win Animated Film of the Year. Frozen 2, another sequel, will win 2019, even though the expectations for that movie are astronomical. They're even trying to keep interest in that Franchise alive by airing a Frozen short with the new Coco movie that just debuted recently. Even the expectations for the movie below are quite high.

 

PS: That's @TypeReaL(OD) when wearing pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crooked movie theaters reairing Dunkirk though.

 

Thanks for that teasing though I might have to actually watch The Incredibles 1 first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Townkill(OD) said:

Crooked movie theaters reairing Dunkirk though.

 

Thanks for that teasing though I might have to actually watch The Incredibles 1 first.

You haven't seen the first one yet?! Out of all the Pixar movies, I rank the Incredibles movie easily in my Top 5(with Finding Nemo, Up, Inside Out and Toy Story narrowly edging it out of the #1 slot). Ironically, and for those who didn't know, Frozen wasn't made by Pixar but by the UK Division of Disney. The bar for Incredibles 2 and especially for Frozen 2, are going to be extremely high. Even Dreamworks is in the sequel business with How to Train your Dragon 3 in the works(slated for 2019 I think).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitive list of Pixar movies in order of best to worst:

Toy Story
Inside Out
Finding Nemo
Up
Coco
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
WALL-E
Monsters, Inc.
The Incredibles
Cars
Ratatouille
A Bug's Life
Finding Dory
Monsters University
Brave
The Good Dinosaur
Cars 3
Cars 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SnowWhite said:

Definitive list of Pixar movies in order of best to worst:

Toy Story
Inside Out
Finding Nemo
Up
Coco
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
WALL-E
Monsters, Inc.
The Incredibles
Cars
Ratatouille
A Bug's Life
Finding Dory
Monsters University
Brave
The Good Dinosaur
Cars 3
Cars 2

Best Pixar list is purely subjective. I place Incredibles higher on the list due to the fact I like Superhero movies, its not DC or Marvel for a change(more James Bond if anything but with more protagonists than the central 007 and I've always liked the James Bond franchise), Edna Mode(who is based on a famous fashion designer(and voiced by Brad Bird no less)) and the school scene with the Principal... priceless lol. That and the short movie involving Jack Jack just might be their best one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DarkHelmet said:

Best Pixar list is purely subjective. I place Incredibles higher on the list due to the fact I like Superhero movies, its not DC or Marvel for a change(more James Bond if anything but with more protagonists than the central 007 and I've always liked the James Bond franchise), Edna Mode(who is based on a famous fashion designer(and voiced by Brad Bird no less)) and the school scene with the Principal... priceless lol. That and the short movie involving Jack Jack just might be their best one.

 

Well, no, you're wrong. That's my list, that's why it's definitive and fact.

 

I did like Incredibles. But everything below Cars has pretty much no order, they're all trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SnowWhite said:

 

Well, no, you're wrong. That's my list, that's why it's definitive and fact.

 

I did like Incredibles. But everything below Cars has pretty much no order, they're all trash.

If you're going to act like @Terra then you might as well rejoin and lock horns on a daily basis. Might actually liven this place up for a change. Beginning to get a bit dull as these Commanders are getting complacent and need a swift kick in the ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If simply calling something trash is considered acting like Terra, then I've been inspiring generations of people without even realizing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Jack Jack short... lol

 

If they dont have Kari in the next sequel, something is wrong lol

5 minutes ago, Terra said:

If simply calling something trash is considered acting like Terra, then I've been inspiring generations of people without even realizing it.

Its not calling something trash, its the "my list is definitive fact" and basically saying any deviation from it is "trash" or insignificant(aka my opinion means jack). Its that crap that reminds me of your old IA days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a terribly scandalous thing to say! Or it would be, but your opinion means jack so we're good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Terra said:

What a terribly scandalous thing to say! Or it would be, but your opinion means jack so we're good.

On 2nd thought... Snow White should stay retired. Heaven forbid I get two such people with Narcissm over 9000. Might just go to plaid if that were to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this