Sign in to follow this  
DarkHelmet

Best Zelda OST?

3 posts in this topic

Zelda Franchise is legendary and the reason is not from the countless adventures involving dungeons(Water Temple... *shakes fist*), monsters(Dark or Shadow Link is best mini-boss to date) and the like but for its OST. Each Zelda game has its own unique flavor with regards to music such as Windwaker and it’s subsequent sequels placing an emphasis on Wind instruments(hence the “Wind” in Windwaker) while Strings and Brass are emphasized in other titles. What I’d like to know from you is which title you find to be the best in terms of OST? Do you prefer the early games such as Zelda 1 & 2(Temple theme anyone?) or some of the later titles such as the latest installment in Breath of the Wild.

For me, I’d have to go with either Windwaker(Molgera theme just sticks with you) or A Link Between Worlds(a sequel to A Link to the Past so they kind of brought back old classics). If push came to shove, I’d have to go with A Link Between Worlds and the irony is that I’ve yet to play it too(I’ve played A Link to the Past). My favorite track is Lorule Castle(see Music thread at bottom of our Forum), although Death Mountain and Lorule’s Overworld theme take a close 2nd and 3rd.

Hard to pick a whole game's sound track. Specific songs are good though. Gerudo Valley and the Ballad of the Windfish are probably my favorite video game songs of all time. Link's Awakening was one of the first video games I ever played.

9 minutes ago, SnowWhite said:

Hard to pick a whole game's sound track. Specific songs are good though. Gerudo Valley and the Ballad of the Windfish are probably my favorite video game songs of all time. Link's Awakening was one of the first video games I ever played.

For me it was Ocarina of Time on the N64. I did play A Link to the Past on SNES but I never owned it. Two Zelda Soundtracks I absolutely love but I've never had the chance to play were Windwaker and A Link Between Worlds. Windwaker, if you can ignore the different animation/art style is actually a really good game with a memorable soundtrack. Hard to pick a specific title from the game but I'd probably have to go with the opening island or Outset Island.

As for A Link Between Worlds... my god lol. Apparently it was a sequel/remake of A Link to the Past and boy did they do it justice with the added flavor of adding in the much maligned and forgotten Zelda 2 in the form of the Temple theme. Favorite title though is so difficult to choose but for that one... hmm... I'd have to go with Zelda's Lullaby in that one. Trumpets really give it a unique touch. Lorule Castle is another option considering the theme really tops all other Final Dungeon themes to date.