Sign in to follow this  
Alarics(OD)

Ladder reset is coming

15 posts in this topic

Are there going to be sign ups for ladder level teams? I would like some more information on this! :)

#hype

1 hour ago, Spanks(OD) said:

Are there going to be sign ups for ladder level teams? I would like some more information on this! :)

#hype

Considering I've been around for at least two resets, the rule of thumb is to organize ourselves into groups based on type: Classic or Expansion and Softcore or Hardcore. Most people go Expansion but some like the much harder classic(plus Classic players can be invaluable for those on Expansion with regards to Crushing people). Then its a matter of whether you're going Softcore or Hardcore(again most people go Softcore but sometimes people switch it up and alternate from Season to Season. I was Softcore this past Season and Hardcore before that one). From there we try to pick a class that is strong and yet helpful to a group. Everyone going Paladin isn't necessarily a good idea(good mixture of classes yields best results in my eye).

Seeing as Blizz has yet to announce the reset officially(correct me if I'm wrong), its a bit early to start prepping for this. Besides... I'd really like to finish my lone Softcore Ladder character before the Season ends :D. That way I can go Natalya Assassin next Ladder.

Hope I'm back in time for reset. No date yet? Near the end of the month right? They only give like 2 weeks notice. Last reset was 5/26 ish?

Edited by TieDyeT(OD)

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎31 at 2:48 PM, TieDyeT(OD) said:

Hope I'm back in time for reset. No date yet? Near the end of the month right? They only give like 2 weeks notice. Last reset was 5/26 ish?

should be around the 22nd-26th of november

4 hours ago, SuNSeT said:

should be around the 22nd-26th of november

Sweet. Think i Can get rig up by then. Miss d2od.

Reset set for the 12th of december

should we start setting up groups for the walkthroughs then the rushes?

<--- paladin  lmk who needs one

Hey everyone - I'm back, and I will be there for reset night!  Let me know what's needed and i'll fill in.  I will be 

Softcore

Expansion

I will make a hardcore later on.  Let me know!

Cheers,

Sarnith

Hey man, welcome back! I'll be on Reset night to. SCL baba of course. Plan on getting to hell, but still need a dedicated team.

1 hour ago, TieDyeT(OD) said:

Hey man, welcome back! I'll be on Reset night to. SCL baba of course. Plan on getting to hell, but still need a dedicated team.

definitely - i'll fill w/e slot we need.  let me know.

actually i'm gonna make a summon necro - can be super poor mans gear and still MF to my hearts content in any difficulty.

On 11/24/2017 at 10:52 AM, Sarnith said:

actually i'm gonna make a summon necro - can be super poor mans gear and still MF to my hearts content in any difficulty.

Gonna make a smiter sorry to change on ya.  Keep getting messages about torches so i better get on it!

8 hours ago, Sarnith said:

Gonna make a smiter sorry to change on ya.  Keep getting messages about torches so i better get on it!

Actually that's awesome. We could get our Smiter & Barb team up early again and make ez fg on torches. Last time having the smiter help would cut my run times almost in half if i remember right.

Edited by TieDyeT(OD)

Torches are one thing. Anni's are another. Getting Anni's REALLY rakes in the FG man... If I'm able to finish my Avenger for this present Ladder, I'm inclined to go Assassin next time. Will start off as a Trapper and then convert to a MA build once I get my gear(Dual Natalya Claw with IK Gloves and IK Belt to save on stats while squeezing 5 more IAS). Going to go wild on 40/15 Jewels(hence all 3 socket quests are slated for Helm and 2 Claws) while having 50 DR and decent Resistance thanks to Fade buff. I thought about doing my Blades of Justice build but opted to do my Tiger Strike build I've been meaning to do for awhile now. Will have a Shadow to aid me(just haven't decided on Warrior or Master just yet... leaning Master though).

my smiter could do both easily.  I was doing clones for tips and didn't have over half the gear and still bashed his face in for anni's.