Sign in to follow this  
DarkHelmet

NFL 2017 Season: What I got right/wrong

The NFL season has only 1 game left for Week 6 but its safe to say that I was right on some things but horribly wrong on others.

What I got right:

1) Raiders are overrated. I said in another thread that the Raiders got super freaking lucky last year and that their Defense still sucked. Today they lost their 4th game in a row on a last second FG because their Defense couldn't get a stop. I said in my regular season predictions that the Raiders might go 6-10 and it looks like my prediction is going to be spot on, with or without Derek Carr.

2) 49ers, Colts and Browns are awful. Both Niners and Browns are currently 0-6(while Colts are 2-3 so far without Luck, a sheer miracle) and I don't see the Niners or the Browns winning a game the rest of the season. Granted, I will give both teams credit in that they both fight to the very end but the talent on both sides of the ball, notably on Offense, is just so bad that it would require the opposing team basically giving the game away(like the Redskins almost did today).

3) Patriots will win AFC East by default. Even with losses against Carolina and Kansas City, the AFC East is so bad that the Patriots will still win it by default. Even the referees agree with me because they basically robbed the Jets of a Touchdown.

What I got wrong:

1) Rams are the real deal. The way the Rams have played so far this season is a blatant indictment of Jeff Fisher and where the fuck was this Todd Gurley last year when he was on my Fantasy Team -.-. I gave the Niners a shot at winning a game against the Rams but the way they've looked so far this year, I don't think its going to happen.

2) Patriots Defense is that bad. I knew their Defense was average at best but I never thought it would be this bad. Six straight 300 yard passers, including Josh McCown of the Jets today. Despite that bad defense, they're still going to win that Division but when it comes to the Playoffs, I can't put them as a lock to go far.

3) Packers would be winning the NFC North. Rodgers going down today kind of takes the Packers out of the running and opens the door wide open for the Vikings, Lions and hell the Bears(who won today) to take the Division.

Also, just for you Cleveland fans:

You can add Hogan and Kizier to that list now too.

Oh how the tides have turned. I never thought Mariota would win tonight. And I’m sad my boy Gurley didn’t make it any farther. But seriously? Screw the Rams. I just don’t like em. They were only good because of their short passing game to Gurley and it seems that the Falcons are thirsty. I think they expected to win, and that’s where they went wrong.

1 hour ago, SupremeJester said:

Oh how the tides have turned. I never thought Mariota would win tonight. And I’m sad my boy Gurley didn’t make it any farther. But seriously? Screw the Rams. I just don’t like em. They were only good because of their short passing game to Gurley and it seems that the Falcons are thirsty. I think they expected to win, and that’s where they went wrong.

Atlanta's Defense showed up a bit today and Ram's Secondary just can't cover Atlanta's Wide Receivers when they're on. Don't forget Atlanta's dynamic duo of Running Backs who are both dual threats. At least give LA some credit in that they made the playoffs because I will wholeheartedly admit, I didn't have them anywhere close to that. In fact, I have LA as the top dog in NFC West for years to come with Seattle and SF vying for 2nd place. Arizona, with Arians and Palmer retiring(Coach and QB), they're going to SUCK so hard...

Yeah I think SF has a decent chance with Garrapolo. It’s going to be interesting. The Seahawks have kind of fallen apart since their time in the Super Bowl and Lynch showing his true colors. (Yellow, not black and silver.)

i dont have much much faith in Nick Foles, but the Eagles are who I WANT to win the Bowl this year.