Sign in to follow this  
PJPotter(OD)

Community Meeting! 11/12/17 7pm CST

18 posts in this topic

Hey OD Community! Due to recent circumstances, the usual host of community meetings will be unable to fulfill his duties. And, I know we haven't had a community meeting in a few months, so some may have forgotten about them, some may have missed them, and some may have never heard of them until now. But, I am here to say, that this OD tradition will be revived, and that I will be hosting the next community meeting on November 12th. This is the official topic thread, so if anyone has any subjects they'd like to ask about or discuss, please feel free to comment on this thread, and I will try to add it to the agenda. 

Now, some people may ask why I am bothering with reviving this tradition, and I would have so much to reply that I would bore them. So here's a few reasons on why you may want to participate and join in the fun that we call a community meeting.

1. Helps bring the majority of the community together, even if it's for a short amount time

2. Common issues or questions can be addressed to help those who may need guidance

3. Community discussion on a variety of topics usually causes people to interact with each other when they normally wouldn't due to being part of a different division, etc.

4. Those who are interested in learning more about the community and about each other will always have a fun time

5. Hearing the opinions of non administrators can sometimes be just as valuable as hearing one from a fellow officer

P.S. I am unsure if I will host community meetings monthly/bimonthly or some other type of schedule, this is to be determined by the popularity of the meetings, and the levels of participation!

Can you set a time so I know when I need to be a good adult xD

I'll think of some concerns and comment again when I have some stuffs :P

Can you do the math for EST time? ha!

Edited by Membership(OD)

1 hour ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

Can you set a time so I know when I need to be a good adult xD

I'll think of some concerns and comment again when I have some stuffs :P

Jk, I'm already blind.

1 hour ago, Membership(OD) said:

Can you do the math for EST time? ha!

7pm CST -> 8pm EST

I make no guarantees for that weekend because I may be hung over from sugar(Root Beer) and Pizza(I make the TMNT look like rookies). Root cause will be known as you approach that date but its not hard to figure it out with a bit of digging. Plus with me being on the opposite side of the country, I may be eating during the meeting too lol.

PS: Rose must get a Happy Birthday tribute along with a shot glass for the meeting's agenda.

Edited by DarkHelmet
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DarkHelmet said:

I make no guarantees for that weekend because I may be hung over from sugar(Root Beer) and Pizza(I make the TMNT look like rookies). Root cause will be known as you approach that date but its not hard to figure it out with a bit of digging. Plus with me being on the opposite side of the country, I may be eating during the meeting too lol.

PS: Rose must get a Happy Birthday tribute along with a shot glass for the meeting's agenda.

LOL

1 minute ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

LOL

Laugh all you want now but you know as well as I do that it all changes from that point onward. Forget who was the Brewmaster within OD... wasn't Badboi was it or was it Aer.... bah someone did Beer that much I remember.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DarkHelmet said:

Laugh all you want now but you know as well as I do that it all changes from that point onward. Forget who was the Brewmaster within OD... wasn't Badboi was it or was it Aer.... bah someone did Beer that much I remember.

43B1D4AB-A7B7-4617-89AE-19233B4AE74A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Badboi(OD) said:

43B1D4AB-A7B7-4617-89AE-19233B4AE74A.jpeg

HAH I was right. Send a keg Rose's way for next month.

Just a quick little aside.. this is still happening this Sunday right? It doesn't seem to be on the forums announcements at all (top of the page) and it's kind of been buried since the 15th of October.. no one really knows that this is happening xD

Of course this is still going on! I'm going to have a q&a session for people new to the clan who want to hear more about others parts of the clan they're not familiar with. See what people may want to see more or less of, and plenty more. I don't know how the turnout will be but every person counts. All are welcome!

I learned a lot my first community meeting, and it's a great to get one's voice heard on opinions or ideas you have. Or if you want something addresses or want to be anonymous message me the question and I can add it to the agenda.

It kinda looks like someone tried to set up the Announcement but wasn't quite able to figure it out. =P I'll set up an Announcement for it now.

Just a forewarning, but AOL will probably never forgive you for taking away his dream of running Community Meetings again, he's been continuously asking if Lightning was still around every few months for the past year or two now.

• Like 1

When's the next meeting?

The community meetings are usually held every 2 months. But, if we have people willing to host it more often or if the interest is there for a monthly community meeting. We could make that happen I'm sure. 

I am unsure if I'm going to be able to host a meeting during the month of December early on. I have finals up until the 19th i believe. Afterwards I should be able to host a meeting! Or if people would rather I wait till the second weekend of January, I can do that as well.

December is a tricky monthhhhhh.. I vote January *flails hand*

We just had one in November. If they're a once every two months type of deal, then the next logical timetable would be early January no? Why the talk with December unless someone is crazy enough to host one during a time where people are either working their ass off or are out of town visiting relatives or basically weighing the option of jumping into a gas furnace to stay warm.

I'm never around for these anyway(either eating or I'm just busy at the time).

*I will add that I demand the topic of skinning Red Panda's for hats be added to the agenda* Runs before @MelodicRose(OD) or @Aerineth(OD) decide to do the same to me

Edited by DarkHelmet