DarkHelmet

Which Absorb ring do you think is best?

Which ring is best?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Best Absorb Ring?

• Ravenfrost
    • Dwarf Star
    • Wisp Projector

In Diablo 2, there are three Absorb Rings: Ravenfrost, Dwarf Star and Wisp Projector. Each one has a certain amount of %Absorb or 20% Cold, 15% Fire and 10-20% Lightning respectively(hence the roll here obviously matters). As the topic suggests, which ring do you think is the best and why?

I ask this question not only out of curiosity but also because I want to get feedback on which Element(s) you find best to have Absorb on from a PvM perspective. Do you want Fire for Chaos Balrogs or do you like Wisp Projector for the nasty Souls or is Ravenfrost your end all selection due to Baal and the other attributes the ring possesses?

Wisp is my personal fav. I think light damage is mainly the most dreaded in PVM especially when conviction is held by the monster. But its also very useful in PvP with fcers etc.... You always want to have some good light sorb in pvm or pvp ( for bmers)

10 hours ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

Wisp is my personal fav. I think light damage is mainly the most dreaded in PVM especially when conviction is held by the monster. But its also very useful in PvP with fcers etc.... You always want to have some good light sorb in pvm or pvp ( for bmers)

Yet if you have Conviction yourself(FoHers or Avengers), Conviction doesn’t apply lol. To answer my own question, I’d have to go with Fire or Dwarf Star. This removes Hydras, Meteors, Fire Arrows and even the dreaded Balrog Inferno Attack. I mean sure the Gloam bug does make a case for Wisp Projector but Fire Enchanted is much more prevalent in my eyes and lessens the danger from its explosion. Even Nilathalk is less scary since CE is part Fire.

Id say for pvp dwarf is best sorb ring. Mainly because tgods>wisp. And unless u got a very nice cold stack raven alone is not gunna sorb much blizz dmg vs a sorc.  Honestly even inferno or hot spurs are better then dwarf too in my opinion.

For for pvm is say wisp is best because I think conviction souls or something similar can be pretty nasty. Plus the extra mf don't hurt :) 

I could see for nihilithak but I don't find fire to be very harmful. If you get hit by a meteor then.. whelp you must haven't been playing long. ( not you yourself just saying.) But those souls at baal with conviction are probably the strongest killers in the game imo. But the more I think of it. The more I would say Raven frost because it has cannot be frozen and absorb. Its like a double whammy!

56 minutes ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

I could see for nihilithak but I don't find fire to be very harmful. If you get hit by a meteor then.. whelp you must haven't been playing long. ( not you yourself just saying.) But those souls at baal with conviction are probably the strongest killers in the game imo. But the more I think of it. The more I would say Raven frost because it has cannot be frozen and absorb. Its like a double whammy!

Can not be frozen can be acquired elsewhere but you have a point that Ravenfrost has other nice perks. As for Wisp Projector, yeah I’d agree that a Black Soul Unique with Conviction is pretty much the worst thing a Non-FoH/Avenger could hope to face but Lightning Damage varies significantly(can deal so little Damage that it’s like a pin prick. The only reason Gloams/Black Souls are Deadly is due to their infamous bug). Fire Damage, however, is far more consistent and packs a considerable punch. Even Cold Damage can hurt if you’re not careful.

• Like 1

Raven...no need for cham. Dual purpose sorb 

For actual sorb, dwarf negates fb almost completely

9 hours ago, SuNSeT said:

Raven...no need for cham. Dual purpose sorb 

For actual sorb, dwarf negates fb almost completely

Agreed on Raven. It does what you need it to do and has 20 dex on it which is always welcome.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:16 AM, DarkHelmet said:

In Diablo 2, there are three Absorb Rings: Ravenfrost, Dwarf Star and Wisp Projector. Each one has a certain amount of %Absorb or 20% Cold, 15% Fire and 10-20% Lightning respectively(hence the roll here obviously matters). As the topic suggests, which ring do you think is the best and why?

I ask this question not only out of curiosity but also because I want to get feedback on which Element(s) you find best to have Absorb on from a PvM perspective. Do you want Fire for Chaos Balrogs or do you like Wisp Projector for the nasty Souls or is Ravenfrost your end all selection due to Baal and the other attributes the ring possesses?

For SoftCore Pvm/Pvp I like to use Dwart Star

For HardCore those rings are useless.

On October 13, 2017 at 1:18 PM, Hari(OD) said:

For SoftCore Pvm/Pvp I like to use Dwart Star

For HardCore those rings are useless.

Why are they useless in Hardcore?

2 hours ago, Spanks(OD) said:

Hardcore is different than Softcore. In HC, gear is typically not as good as what you'll have in Softcore. Furthermore, in Hardcore you don't want to take damage to begin with so while Absorb is nice, it necessitates that you take damage first before being healed by w/e element you have absorb on. Rare Stat/Resist rings are therefore more coveted on HC so as to boost life/resistances, with maybe the exception of Ravenfrost for the Can't Be Frozen, Dexterity and other bonuses.

Granted this is just my opinion.

Yeah. I know there are better options. But I have a hard time thinking they were useless for HC. Raven frost especially.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:05 PM, Spanks(OD) said:

HardCore most gear are common to all chars .we need 3 things

1.Max Resistance

2.Damage

3.Life

Those rings don't have any Res or Str or Fcr  .Dex is not a problem on HCL(PvP uses hacks)

95%  chars using Tgods and Spirit or SS

It depends on your needs more than anything.  Raven is just damn near mandatory for any melee reliant build - the AR it provides is simply to much to overlook, let alone the cold immunity [cannot be frozen].

For a Wisp - not worrying [as much] about Souls is a really comforting thought, but they're still going to rape your face considering there's never less than a billion of them at once.

Dwarf Star is pretty bad stat wise, but if you enjoy council farming trav - there's no better alternative.  Rejoice as hydras heal you.

This is my opinion for PvM -- For PvP I'd say swap for your needs.