Opal(OD)

Dumbell press anyone?

6 hours ago, SuNSeT said:

Ps - that is awesome your buddy's dad worked out with those boys. Pioneers of weight training, in a day, that it was total taboo. If you haven't watched Pumping Iron, I suggest checking it out.

Not only that, he helped develop a method to work your biceps for people with shorter biceps.  Because he could never match Larry Scott with preacher curls.  Super cool stuff. 

Yeah living in a small town I see a lot of people I've known my whole life.  I get by with a nod and a wave, but the other day I gave someone a brother hug...I guess you could call it. Luckily I was the one almost done with a workout and he hadn't started yet. 

This week is my third week in the gym, even missing a day on the weekend I think about it throughout the day and feel I should go in for a short jog. 

My mother has stated that she is seeing differences, but I don't think so.  It doesn't matter much, this is going to aid me in different facets of my life.  I work a pretty hard job every once in a while.  We unload semi's and put all the furniture we unload into a school, then take out the trash that comes with all that furniture.  I will be able to unload those trucks faster, and not have to strain so much while lifting those tables.  I'm excited for the day that comes around. 

Well the last person that will notice will be yourself. Even when your transferring body fat to muscle , you won't see a difference on the scale...a pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle ;) 

Longer you go, the more return you'll see. Takes time, there is no quick easy way about it. That's why they call it the house of pain, no pain, no gain right. Keep at it and the results will turn into an addiction. There are so many side effects to working out, outside of physical development. General health improves, your outlook on tasks will change. I'm shocked with the amount of growing obesity and health problems as a result, haven't turned into the department of health steppin in and saying , "look, gym memberships will be paid by the government." God knows they have spent money on more useless things

Edited by SuNSeT

47 minutes ago, SuNSeT said:

Longer you go, the more return you'll see. Takes time, there is no quick easy way about it. That's why they call it the house of pain, no pain, no gain right. Keep at it and the results will turn into an addiction. There are so many side effects to working out, outside of physical development. General health improves, your outlook on tasks will change. I'm shocked with the amount of growing obesity and health problems as a result, haven't turned into the department of health steppin in and saying , "look, gym memberships will be paid by the government." God knows they have spent money on more useless things

My membership is $20 a month.  Which isn't that bad...considering I've had it for 3 years, and have gone more this year then all the other years combined.  
The government would never do that, because people would never go.  It definitely needs to be more regulated in school, that exercise should happen more.  Not everyone needs to be fit, but I feel that "my 600 pound life" doesn't need to be a thing.  Because it is a HUGE (literally) health risk to be that big. 

I will say right now, that I am not looking forward to basketball tonight.  My hammies are KILLING me today.  I am going to show up for cardio and stretching with my BiL before I head to play ball.  He isn't available for the next two days, so gotta get it in while I can when he is here.