Opal(OD)

SC2 Game night

I am going to begin organizing our first ever game night but need to know who is interested and in what, most of what i have been asked about is arcade games, would anyone like to give their input as to when they would be available to play as well as what they want to play. I think an Archon tourney would be fun but would also think that making that a follow up to arcade night would be great, if we can get 8 of us together we could do large scale arcade games and maybe have a byob tag in there for all those able to drink. If we have enough people we could all get together and have a large tourney in arcade games like desert strike, we could even draft teams for it. Anyone interested or anyone with ideas please share :)

GLHF,

Opal(OD)

Well, there was a really old(and I mean really old) Arcade game that was made back in 2010 or WoL era that hasn't been upgraded(if at all) since its debut. It houses six players and requires having at least a Warrior to tank and a Healer to survive but despite that requirement, its an old school co-op arcade game that can be played a few times. I wish there was a working/modern version of Mini-Town D on SC2... damn game was a blast on SC1. Crap Patrol 2 is a possibility but it houses only up to 4 people. Then there is Night of the Dead(been a LONG time since I've played that... probably a total newb again) and a few other arcade games that I used to play back in the day. Co-Op is only in pairs but with them now recording replays, perhaps we can do a particular mission on a certain difficulty under a mutation and try and pull shenanigans.

As for times, I'll get back to you on that. Its typically whenever I feel like it but I'm very busy during the Summer. Sometime around September I'll have a bit more time on my hands.

There was an old Arcade game that was called.. photon bikes? Photo cycles? Something like that, I'd have to look it up. But it was basically a Tron-style bike game that was quite entertaining and would be good for a party night. Aerineth and I also have a long history of playing Desert Strike together on SC2, although DS doesn't always suit everyone's taste in games.

Aside from Arcade games I could be convinced to play casual regular or co-op games, but its been years since I played competitively, so I wouldn't be very good at it anymore.

@Terra I will kick your ass in poker defense ! and the rest of you too infact im going to play somenow

I would like to participate if possible. I only have WoL and HotS, but LotV will be a game I'll try and buy soon. I'm in for almost any night, after 5-6PM EST. Weekends way different usually, almost any time.

13 hours ago, Townkill(OD) said:

I would like to participate if possible. I only have WoL and HotS, but LotV will be a game I'll try and buy soon. I'm in for almost any night, after 5-6PM EST. Weekends way different usually, almost any time.

So long as the host has LotV, you can play any game with LotV units(even if you don't own it). What you get for owning LotV is having access to more Co-Op commanders(Swann, Zagara, Vorazun and Karax) and the LotV Campaign. Even those without SC2 can participate with the free starter edition.

2 hours ago, CoffeeBean(OD) said:

@Opal(OD) @TypeReaL(OD) @Townkill(OD) @Terra @SuNSeT

Anyone want to try to revisit this? We can get together and mess around on the arcade again, I know Desert Strike, not the rest

I got all pissy when blizzard made it ftp and removed the mothership core maybe someday my anger will subside but my wallet is still like 400$ less than the ftp ppl only way I can describe it without massive use of the words in no particular order fuck,dog and shit

Edited by TypeReaL(OD)

I'm still fine with playing SC2. If you ask me on the fly odds are I'll already be engaged in another game, but if you give me a date and time for a Starcraft 2 night I'll be there. I can pretty much make any time as long as I know about it ahead of time.

10 hours ago, CoffeeBean(OD) said:

@Opal(OD) @TypeReaL(OD) @Townkill(OD) @Terra @SuNSeT

Anyone want to try to revisit this? We can get together and mess around on the arcade again, I know Desert Strike, not the rest

I'm running another job on the 4th till the end of April. Lmk a date and time and I'll hop on. Haven't played much since wings of liberty

@SuNSeT @Terra alright, I’ll have to think of something fun to play. I’ll mess around in the arcade and see if there’s any cool stuff going on and get back to you guys. 

12 minutes ago, CoffeeBean(OD) said:

@SuNSeT @Terra alright, I’ll have to think of something fun to play. I’ll mess around in the arcade and see if there’s any cool stuff going on and get back to you guys. 

I'm down for some 2v2 or whatever. Arcade isn't really my thing haha

Edited by SuNSeT

Just now, SuNSeT said:

I'm down for some 2v2 or whatever. Arcade isn'

Lol, 2v2 is usually straight cheese. I’ve been wanting to try out the Archon mode, where 2 people control the same army

3 minutes ago, CoffeeBean(OD) said:

Lol, 2v2 is usually straight cheese. I’ve been wanting to try out the Archon mode, where 2 people control the same army

Fuck that's just a gongshow lol. Nah if your playing with clan mates you can make it a little more legit. Ideally what would be cool is getting some races wars or slave Goin. Not gonna lie I still prefer scbw>sc2. The meta in sc2 is required vs SCBW you have some flexibility as to what to do vs specific matchup...That and there is still an early game in SCBW 

18 minutes ago, SuNSeT said:

Fuck that's just a gongshow lol. Nah if your playing with clan mates you can make it a little more legit. Ideally what would be cool is getting some races wars or slave Goin. Not gonna lie I still prefer scbw>sc2. The meta in sc2 is required vs SCBW you have some flexibility as to what to do vs specific matchup...That and there is still an early game in SCBW 

But the graphics... lol

im trying to get the clan thing worked out on SC2. Hard to recruit when we can’t issue a tag to someone. The “OverDosed” channel says it’s owned by @Tris(OD), but the “Clan OD” channel is owned by @Pickles(OD), are they who “own the clan” on SC2 battle net? I’d like to recruit and I’ve seen on Forums that blizzard says tough luck when you report stuff like this

Edited by CoffeeBean(OD)