I decided to take advantage of the May the 4th be with you sale.

BLUETOOTH: None

CABLE: None

CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

CARE2: Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]

CAS: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Side-Panel Window (Black + Dual Full size Tempered Glass window Panels [+19])

CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color 16 color LED 1x interior light strip w/ Remote Controller

CC: None

CD: LG 14X Internal Blu-ray Burner, BD-RE, 3D Playback DVD+RW Combo Drive (Black Color)

CD2: None

COOLANT: None

CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-7700K 4.20GHZ 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Kaby Lake)

CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Enermax Twister Pressure 120MM PWM Cooling Fans [+29] (500-1,800 RPM High Static Pressure PWM Case Fan w/ Adjustable Peak Speed Function (FA-204-207))

DOCKINGSTATION: None

ENGRAVING: None

EVGA_POWER: None

FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)

FAN: CybepowerPC Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler (Dual (Push-Pull) Standard 120MM Fans [+8])

FLASHMEDIA: None

FREEBIE_CU1: CyberPowerPC GreenManGaming Mystery Loot Chest Bundle [+0]

FREEBIE_VC1: FREE! Honor or Ghost Recon: Wildlands [+0]

HD_M2SSD: 16GB Intel® Optane™ Memory Accelerator M.2 PCIe NVMe + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [ARRAY MODE] (OS Drive)

HD_PCIE1X_SSD: None

HDD: None

HDD2: None

HEADSET: None

IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD: CyberpowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard

MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory [+90] (Patriot Viper Elite [+30])

MONITOR: None

MOPAD: None

MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z270-A Pro ATX w/ USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]

MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Corsair RMi Series RM850i 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+105]

PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]

RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 5 to 10 Business Days

SECURITY: None

SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)

SLI_BRIDGE: None

SOUND: ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCIe Sound Card [+89]

SPEAKERS: None

TEMP: None

TUNING: None

USBHD: None

USBX: None

VIDEO: GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] (Single Card)

VIVE_HEADSET: None

WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+10]

WNC: None

WTV: None

8 hours ago, Name(OD) said:

I decided to take advantage of the May the 4th be with you sale.

So i7-7700 Kaby Lake with a 270 MB(not an x99 but still solid), 16 GB of 3k MHz RAM(solid but in a few years that will be obsolete), 2 TB SSD(pretty big drives), 1080 Titan(card I'd get if I was to buy now) and a Sound card no less(didn't think people bought those). No monitor but I assume you're reusing your old one and also comes with a few coolant fans. Question on everyone's minds is the cost. I'd estimate roughly $2k but with the sale maybe $1500?

I saw the post and saw that DH commented last.  I didn't realize that it wasn't his post.  I was super excited for you @DarkHelmet.  

That's excited stuff @Name(OD) let me know how it runs. 

12 minutes ago, SupremeJester said:

I saw the post and saw that DH commented last.  I didn't realize that it wasn't his post.  I was super excited for you @DarkHelmet.  

That's excited stuff @Name(OD) let me know how it runs. 

LOL... I wish it was me. If I had anything remotely close to that right now, I'd probably run it ragged in 6 months since I'd be on it so much lol. Furthermore, I'd probably have like 10 more games aside from the usual four that I often play(SC1&2 and D2&3). Would probably add SWTOR, HotS(maybe), LoL(BIG maybe) and perhaps a few STEAM games that I've been meaning to get(like Civ6). I'd also be getting a new monitor since why would I get a 1080 Titan to play at 1080p?

...Not a bad system, but what will you be doing with it? Are you an "Audiophile" ? Are you running a single 1080 monitor or 4k or multiple monitors? Gaming only or production / editing / streaming? - These things are important when trying to judge whether or not it is the right build for you...  If you've already ordered it, then congrats are in order, if not, and you are asking advice, then we need answers before we can offer advice...

* Also, i'm moving this thread to "computer discussion" forum...

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

$2k? Lol good one. I'd bet $3k minimum.'

E: I was wrong! Super overpriced, but not as bad as I thought. I figured they'd charge like $1200 for the 1080 Ti. XD

Edited by TrueChill(OD)

2 hours ago, TrueChill(OD) said:

$2k? Lol good one. I'd bet $3k minimum.'

E: I was wrong! Super overpriced, but not as bad as I thought. I figured they'd charge like $1200 for the 1080 Ti. XD

So how much was it? Curious to know how close I was in my estimate and I'm too lazy to go hunting for it(tired and I love to procrastinate). By the looks of it though, he's already bought it but I'm curious what monitor he has since he didn't buy one. Frankly would be wasting all that GPU power on a 1080p display if that is what he has(1440 would be bare minimum in my book).

On 5/5/2017 at 1:20 AM, Name(OD) said:

CARE2: Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]

FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)

SOUND: ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCIe Sound Card [+89]

(Patriot Viper Elite [+30])

You can save yourself $150 by removing these useless things...

Just as a reference, that exact system (minus the LED light strips and keyboard / mouse) you can build yourself for $1900 (with windows 10 pro license, add $30):

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CLMT7h

Based on that, I'd be willing to bet cyberpower is selling it for around $2700?

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

1 hour ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

You can save yourself $150 by removing these useless things...

Just as a reference, that exact system (minus the LED light strips and keyboard / mouse) you can build yourself for $1900 (with windows 10 pro license, add $30):

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CLMT7h

Based on that, I'd be willing to bet cyberpower is selling it for around $2700?

50% Premium? I dont think its that much but I wouldn't put it past them to charge like 2400 for something that costs 1800-2k. Plus while your build you posted is solid, I believe he had Solid State Drives as opposed to a typical Hard Drive. Still, if I was to buy a new rig today, it would probably be something similar to what you have on that linked list but with a Solid State Drive(or two) and a monitor(1440p minimum but probably a 4k one if I can find one to my liking).

33 minutes ago, DarkHelmet said:

50% Premium? I dont think its that much but I wouldn't put it past them to charge like 2400 for something that costs 1800-2k. Plus while your build you posted is solid, I believe he had Solid State Drives as opposed to a typical Hard Drive. Still, if I was to buy a new rig today, it would probably be something similar to what you have on that linked list but with a Solid State Drive(or two) and a monitor(1440p minimum but probably a 4k one if I can find one to my liking).

The build posted in the original post featured a 2TB Hard drive with Intel's new optane accelerator drive, which basically increases the speed of your hard drive to almost match an SSD:

16GB Intel® Optane™ Memory Accelerator M.2 PCIe NVMe + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [ARRAY MODE] (OS Drive)

which you can get for another $49 on newegg here: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820167426

You can check out the performance gains in this video by Linus: 

A better performance comparison can be viewed here:

Include that, along with roughly $130 for keyboard/mouse, the $150 for the "extras" i previously posted that you don't need, grand total comes to $2230. My guess of about $2700 is only a 17% profit markup, not 50%.

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

Ahh that I did not know and oddly enough that's an interesting advancement for Hard Drives. However, 2700 - 2230 = 470 price mark-up. 470/2230 = 21% mark-up. Unless my understanding of mark-ups is incorrect since I get that result by taking final value(2700) and dividing it by the actual value(2230) to get 1.21 or 21%. As for the extras, eh maybe he wanted to go overboard on certain things. May ultimately be throwing money away but who are we to judge. It's his money and its not like he asked for our advice beforehand.

13 minutes ago, DarkHelmet said:

Ahh that I did not know and oddly enough that's an interesting advancement for Hard Drives. However, 2700 - 2230 = 470 price mark-up. 470/2230 = 21% mark-up. Unless my understanding of mark-ups is incorrect since I get that result by taking final value(2700) and dividing it by the actual value(2230) to get 1.21 or 21%. As for the extras, eh maybe he wanted to go overboard on certain things. May ultimately be throwing money away but who are we to judge. It's his money and its not like he asked for our advice beforehand.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/business/margin?c=USD&v=cost:2230,revenue:2700

Keep in mind that I am an accountant, and while I appreciate you double-checking my math, please be sure to use the correct method in "how to calculate profit margin". Instructions can be found here: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+calculate+profit+margin&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS699US699&oq=how+to+calculate+pro&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.5571j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

Well 17% is 470/2700 or a 17% profit margin. I'ts all based on what values you use to calculate something or its all in the details. Great way for people to mask or prop up things to make it appear they're doing better than what they really are(its why I don't believe Government Statistics). Still... that accelerator must come with a drawback(have yet to watch the videos).

That markup is exactly what I would expect from a company like that.

The accelerator doesn't match SSDs. If I'm correctly understanding what I'm reading, it's basically RAM, except instead of dumping memory it will store frequently used apps so they're already ready to launch. It won't have the read/write speed SSDs have, though. Nothing you do to a HDD will make it faster than flash memory.

Just caught up on all the comments, stupid phone's been ringing off the hook for trivial matters. >.>

The system costed $2,274, they didn't include shipping because I paid over 2k so shipping was free. I was going to go with Origin PC before, but when I saw the sale on the Cyberpower web site, had to take a look and see what I could get. Biggest bang for the buck without having to do my own assembly, go big or go home lol. Truth is, if you would have caught me 12 years ago, I would have built my system from scratching starting off with a bare-bones kit. But I don't really have the time to do that much anymore. Plus I enjoy having it pre-built because if it comes messed up, they'll fix it for me usually with the option of doing it for me or I can do it on my own.

When I was stationed in Cali I went to the physical location where they construct the PC's for CyberpowerPC and IBuyPowerPC. A main reason some of their parts might cost a little more than what's on newegg or tiger direct is because they tack on a shelving fee. IBuyPower was real big with that, every PC that came in the mail typically had a broken graphics card or something. But they were real good with replacing it.

I enjoyed all the input you guys posted. As some of you have already deducted, I already bought this PC. Did a little bit of research on some of the parts like the graphics card, not going to lie I'm not as familiar with Geforce as I am with AMD. My laptop has GeForce though, first PC with one I've had. So far I'm liking it, seems very stable.

So I wanted to ensure that I had plenty of cooling, my last desktop actually caught on fire for roughly 12 seconds before I left for deployment. Couldn't actually believe it caught on fire. So I picked up an Alienware Desktop from the military exchange for like $1050, to be honest I've always been curious about AW PC's. It was small but surprising strong. Handled Overwatch and SWTOR PvP with ease, unless all 16 people were spamming AOE then it slowed up a little bit. But that was only a temporary replacement until I get a better one after my deployment is over (and it's nearly over for me).

I don't really do a lot of programming anymore, I do like to fiddle with Photoshop every now and then. Not super hardcore into streaming my game play, but I watch all my movies and shows on the PC. My intent was to get a PC that was strong enough to play Overwatch and SWTOR at max settings in those intense action packed situtations (like 16man op's with a shit ton of aoe) and be able to handle it smoothly.

Didn't buy a monitor yet because I'm still unsure as to what monitor I want. I just have like a 24 inch monitor, I'm pretty sure at least it's in a box in storage right now. So I'm definitely open to suggestions on that one. I want to get a decent size screen. Maybe like 27 inch or bigger, big enough so I can lay back on my bed and be able to see the picture just fine.

The sound quality with some of the PC's I've had in the past was a little meh, always went with the default card they put in each system. So I figured if I upgraded it from the default that it might help. I also wanted to make sure I had plenty of RAM.

I already have a gaming mouse and keyboard I had just bought before deploying, it's in a box in storage. I'll admit I'm partial to the Razor mouses, I also had a $50 dollar credit with my star card so I was able to use it to buy that sweet ass razor mouse pad with the lights on it. That shit looks amazing when you turn off the lights.

I almost blew like 3.5k on a PC, wanted to ensure I'll never have to worry about upgrades for a good minute. But I realized I still have to buy a monitor that will fit the system I just got and I still need to buy all of my furniture. I got promoted before I left so now it's out of the barracks life and back into living in my own house which will be weird because last time I lived out of the barracks I was married. So I've been saving tons of money because I'll have to buy everything like a mattress (which I'm not going cheap on), bed frame, dishes, cooking ware, utensils, the whole nine yards. So my intent was to save all the money I could and then get everything all at once and have it all delivered. My friend Jake is going to test out my PC and put it to the test. I told him to see what that thing will be able to handle for me.

Can't wait to get back to the states, the wifi out here fucking sucks. Especially when the wifi mysteriously goes down, I bet it's the little shit that sells all the SIM cards for the pucks that's cutting the fiber cable because everytime that shit goes down he makes a TON of money.

You all think this PC will blow Overwatch and SWTOR out of the water?

It has a 1080 Ti. That video card will blow whatever you want out of the water for like... 4 years.

Get a 1440p / G-Sync / 144 Hz  / IPS monitor at minimum.

39 minutes ago, TrueChill(OD) said:

It has a 1080 Ti. That video card will blow whatever you want out of the water for like... 4 years.

Get a 1440p / G-Sync / 144 Hz  / IPS monitor at minimum.

Nvidia currently owns the GPU market and AMD/ATI I don't think is going to give them any real competition any time soon. The 1080 TI(aka Titan) is their latest and greatest GPU. That card basically takes any game today and takes a giant crap on them since you get 60 FPS whenever you want at ultra settings. When getting a Monitor, I highly recommend getting better than a 1080p resolution(1080p wastes the power a 1080 Titan delivers) and with a frequency greater than 60 Hz(1080 Titan can reliably deliver FPS over 100 on lots of games on Ultra settings). You will just want G-Sync since its NVidia's monitor software to help prevent tearing and other monitor related issues by basically freeing up the GPU to run as fast as it wants. As TrueChill mentioned, I'd get at minimum 1440p(That's 2560x1440 resolution), 144 Hz. Here's a link to an example: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-2560x1440-Display/dp/B0173PEX20 You may have to do some browsing and see if you can find a better deal but 1440p 144 Hz Monitors aren't exactly cheap(same with 4k Monitors if you opt to go that high).

Also, if you have that accelerator on your HDD, you don't exactly need SDRAM or DDR4 RAM in your Computer. It(Accelerator) basically acts as Flash RAM that gets better over time the more times you perform an action. So routine tasks such as booting up, takes far less time as would starting games you often play. It gives similar effects as a SSD, which frankly is really interesting as I may explore that in my upcoming build in the next 2-3 years(or whenever I get around to it. Like you, appliances need to be purchased around here).

Personally, I don't see much value in 4k. I'd rather have a 1440p (1.5k) / IPS / 165 Hz / G-Sync monitor than a 4k / TN panel.

All of the super high-end ones have panels that arrive DoA and have backlight issues. Just get it from Amazon and return them until you get a good one. XD

Here are your options:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=344001440,256001440&T=1,8&H=100,240&A=1&p=1

Some are ultrawide and some are not. All are 1440p / IPS / G-Sync / 100Hz+

On 5/7/2017 at 11:08 AM, DarkHelmet said:

Nvidia currently owns the GPU market and AMD/ATI I don't think is going to give them any real competition any time soon. The 1080 TI(aka Titan) is their latest and greatest GPU.

Nvidia's 1080 ti is NOT a Titan. the Titan name belongs to a different card, that features 12gb of vram (compared to the ti's 11gb), but has slower memory (10ghz vs. the ti's 11ghz). Despite the designers' best efforts to put the ti in a performance bracket better than the 1080 but less than the titan, the Ti has blown the titan out of the water in gaming performance, which is why NVidia has most recently released a 2nd-gen Titan XP to try and recover their lost sales of Titan cards.

On 5/7/2017 at 11:08 AM, DarkHelmet said:

Also, if you have that accelerator on your HDD, you don't exactly need SDRAM or DDR4 RAM in your Computer. It(Accelerator) basically acts as Flash RAM that gets better over time the more times you perform an action. So routine tasks such as booting up, takes far less time as would starting games you often play. It gives similar effects as a SSD, which frankly is really interesting as I may explore that in my upcoming build in the next 2-3 years(or whenever I get around to it. Like you, appliances need to be purchased around here).

No. Your computer still needs RAM. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't even POST or do anything other than beep at you if you don't have ram installed. This accelerator only stores most used programs (like your ram), but is Non-volatile, meaning it doesn't get erased when you power down, allowing it to "accelerate" boot times of most frequently used programs, most noticeably your OS boot time. IT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR RAM, nor will it affect transfer rates like @TrueChill(OD) said. It is meant for and was designed to bring the standard consumer "faster boot times" for a cheap price and with as little work possible, compared to purchasing a more expensive ssd, and cloning your hdd to an ssd. It doesn't even compare to today's NVMe SSD's, but is a cheap alternative compared to a SATA SSD for boot times only.

Monitor:

I would also tend to agree with the recommendation of getting yourself a 1440p, 144hz monitor over a 4k / 60hz monitor. Current capabilities with the actual cables connecting your monitor to the PC, even Display Port cables, are limited in the sense that they don't provide enough bandwidth to allow for higher than 60hz when outputting 4k resolutions, even if your hardware can do it. I personally chose to increase the number of displays I game on ( 3 monitors @ 2560x1440p, 60hz) instead of a single, higher hz monitor...But then again, I don't really play a lot of FPS games that would benefit from higher hz, so it really is up to your personal gaming habits / what games you play, to determine the best option for you. the 1080-Ti  graphics card is currently the "king of the GPU mountain", and would have no problem doing a triple 1440p setup@ 60hz, or a single 4k setup, or having 1 display in the center @ 144hz, with 2 displays on the sides @ 60hz for accessory displays for ts, netflix, web browsing, etc. all at the same time... It really boils down to what you want to do, as your gpu choice allows for it (with the exception of current cable bandwidths and triple 4k displays, because even 2 1080-ti's in SLI can barely push that kind of resolutions @ medium settings and almost 60fps).

As for the Acer Predator line, I can speak only from my personal experiences, and my brother, who recently did purchase the 1080p version of this ( https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824106004  ) has nothing but great things to say about it, didn't have any issues like some reviews were saying, and he absolutely loves it. Take it for what you will, maybe he was just lucky, but personally, I would look into getting 3 monitors: 1 144hz for the center, and 2 60hz monitors for the sides, all the same size/resolution, that way I have the best of both worlds...

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

It looks like a decent monitor, but the reason it is significantly cheaper is because it is a TN panel, which has poorer color reproduction and viewing angles than IPS panels, but is less expensive and overclock-able. Just bear in mind that TN panels are known to display "washed-out" colors when overclocking them beyond 144 hz. Other than that, I wish you the best of luck and happy gaming! Looks like you should be all set for the time being!