Sign in to follow this  
GrinGo

So I played way back in the day

I've been debating on wether or not to get back into Swtor.  I played before Swtor went F2P, got really geared in full campaign.  If I come back, am I going to have to re-gear my toons?  Is there a shit ton of content I'm missing out on?

3 hours ago, GrinGo said:

I've been debating on wether or not to get back into Swtor.  I played before Swtor went F2P, got really geared in full campaign.  If I come back, am I going to have to re-gear my toons?  Is there a shit ton of content I'm missing out on?

1. Yes, they have raised the level cap to 70, with "command xp" going up to lvl 300 once you get to lvl 70. the highest gear rating currently is 248 rating gear, and you can also "augment" the gear adding whatever stats you need more of (228 max. rating).

2. Yes, there is probably about 5-10 hours of campaign mode content added (skipping through cinematics) just in the past 6 months of the game (as of now), with more content to be released in about a month or so... 

Considering you stopped playing before the game went f2p, i'd guess that your "max level" toons are at lvl 50 with maybe gear ratings around 190? (that's before the rise of the hutt cartel came out I believe...) and you have yet to play the "rise of the hutt cartel", "shadow of revan", "eternal throne", and the most recent "War on Iokath" expansions. You can check out some of the changes in the patchnotes posted by dulfy here:  http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/5-0/    It really has become a totally different game from what it was back in the day...

If you are interested in joining us, we have guilds on both the empire and republic sides, across 3 different servers, but most of us play on the "shadowlands" server, on the empire side usually, but sometimes switch things up and play on republic side as well...

Stop by in teamspeak sometime, I'd be happy to help you gear / level up! (i'm usually on most evenings after dinner (eastern time ~8pm) !

Edited by CompFreak(OD)