Collin(OD)

UserBenchmark Performance Discussion Thread

16 posts in this topic

Post your UserBenchmark results here! Link + screencap if possible.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3451232

8840588234d9265ad12dbd3c31160696.png

To run this benchmark...

Download this: http://www.userbenchmark.com/resources/download/UserBenchMark.exe

Run it after it has downloaded. That's it!

Edited by TrueChill(OD)
E: Link to tool.

My Main rig: 

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3455453

user bench 2.JPG

Did I break it? lol

My LAN / Media Center PC:

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3455258

user bench - LAN RIG.PNG

My Office PC:

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3455836

UserBench - Office.JPG

Just a snapshot of what I have to reduce myself down to every day at work...hahaha!

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

I meant to add my link but somehow copied yours by mistake.  When I realized what I had done, 6 minutes later....it was too late to change it (so I am told).

I could edit it in if you still have the link. I thought you were trying to add your screenshot after you posted. Didn't even notice it was Truechill's link till he posted.. lulz. But I also mentioned if you posted again I'd merge them.

I ran the benchmark but the link I copied was from the wrong tab and I didn't realize it until several minutes later.  By then I was too absorbed in trying to snipe weeds from the MP in BDO.

Just now, Remsen said:

I ran the benchmark but the link I copied was from the wrong tab and I didn't realize it until several minutes later.  By then I was too absorbed in trying to snipe weeds from the MP in BDO.

LOL. Tellin ya.. start farming you'll be drowning in weeds. I've been tending to my farm for an hour and a half and have gotten about 180 weeds. Free.

14 minutes ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

Upgraded computer parts.. here are the results.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/5845456

@CompFreak(OD)

Not bad but your other hardware(Hard Drives, RAM) needs fine tuning or needs to be replaced/upgraded too. Overall though, its not bad.

26 minutes ago, DarkHelmet said:

Not bad but your other hardware(Hard Drives, RAM) needs fine tuning or needs to be replaced/upgraded too. Overall though, its not bad.

THe actual HDD's are old hard drives. I'm not sure why the SSD and RAM are reading low. The Ram is brand new. It mentions activating dual channel in the bios but I can't find it. Not sure why it says that to be honest. Need to have someone sit down with me and look at that. @CompFreak(OD)?

Not much can be done about the hdd's, they are probably 5400rpm drives with low cache and slow access times (hdd's in today's computing world are used only for archiving / storage of large files you don't use often, and fast speeds are not necessary)... 

As for the SSD and Ram reading low:

SSD's (specifically Samsung drives) can be configured for extreme performance, or increased reliability (at the cost of performance) using samsung's Magician software. I always recommend reliability over performance because of diminishing returns on real-world differences when it comes to ssd performance. Not to mention that the systems being compared probably have m.2 ssd's in them, or could be using samsung's "Rapid mode" that uses some of your Ram as a cache for frequent files to dramatically boost performance,  as opposed to your SATA ssd (a difference of about 5x reads and 3x writes compared to an m.2 drive or even 2 sata ssd's in RAID 0).

Ram reading low on the benchmark is easily explainable by the fact that it is showing that you are running at 2133mhz, not the speed advertised (you probably need to enable the XMP profile still). The Ram we selected should be running at 3000 mhz, pretty much the slightly above average speed for most high-end systems. RAM is such an esential part of the system, that having a low RAM score will affect both the "desktop" and "workstation" scores dramatically.

Also an important note, these scores are not representative of the potential of your system, as you are currently at stock speeds... enabling the XMP profile will essentially "overclock" your ram, you still have yet to apply any overclock to your cpu and video card. These scores are good, all things considered, and can provide you with a baseline before you start diving into the OverClocking game!

5a1077c1765f5_UsermarkBenchScore11-18-17.thumb.JPG.ee8f819d49ea946a99324d90a1309be5.JPG

Just ran this again, all the exact same hardware, clocks, and settings as my first post here... You would think that I should get the same sores, right? Wrong. This benchmark apparently scales differently over time, and is not the best benchmark. Looking deeper into it, I realize that it bases it's percentage scores on how many people with similar hardware run the tests, and a large part of your scores solely depend on what others are getting and comparing it to your scores. It does come close, so it's not terrible, but the percentage scores will change depending on more and more people running the same hardware over time, and because it doesn't give an exact number that you can replicate now matter when you run it, I wouldn't use it as a definitive test. There are many other benchmarks out there you can use, such as RealBench, Cinebench, 3dMark's Firestrike, etc.

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

Yeah userbenchmark is more of a "look at me" bench than anything else. It's basically Whose Line Is It Anyway? The percentages are made up and the scores don't matter.

• Like 2

The thread Collin started while stroking it grew in post count, so he comes back in here just to say this threads for stroking it. Seems like I'd be on a Monday yupp..