Dabomb(OD)

Recruiting Guide:

The process of recruiting.

Recruiting somebody should not just be a 2 minute job although most people wish it was. It does take time so with that being said please take the time to ensure you are going through the correct process to recruit someone. Your recruits are "YOUR" responsibility you are the one that needs to show them the rules etc.. You will be there first in depth contact with the clan. You will welcome them and show them the ropes. Once you have the ability to recruit consider yourself a mentor. With that being said here is the process the Diablo II Division wants you to follow. Anyone not following this process will have their privilege to recruit removed.

( Before you start they must join channel :Sassy
to do any recruiting)

1. Make sure to welcome them to the clan first and foremost. We are a welcoming community and we welcome all into the clan the new the old the bad and good. Ask them if they use mods and let them know we are a GM and legit clan and have a 0 tolerance policy for 3rd party programs

2.Make them check out the website Overdosed.net this is where they can click "Register" and fill out the required info and add yourself as the recruiter. Make sure they read the rules once they have clicked register.

3.We have a forum site that you will also want to make the same account name on and you can find that by clicking the forum tab on the Overdosed.net website.

4. Download Teamspeak 3 this is where most people communicate and it will make your stay here a bit more enjoyable.

http://www.teamspeak3.com/?gclid=CM6j_M_A29ACFUa1wAodfpUK0g ) this is the link they can download TS3 at.

5. We are a gm clan we do not tolerate any bm

6. You will need to make a new account that should consist of 12 characters it needs to end in (OD) with cap letters the reason we ask for a maximum of 12 is because if you make multiple accounts you will be able to add (OD)1 etc. on the end. I.e Dabomb(OD) and Dabomb(OD)1 we always rush our recruits to get them started. It is also nice to help them find some chaos runs even doing this yourself or reaching out to a runner can be great things.

7. If you encounter any problems reach out to Windstorms, Sassy, Dabomb, Seriouswine, Hari or any other person that is warrant officer or higher.

8. Explain a bit how the ranks work they get automatic promotions every 7 days with activity until they hit staff sergeant. After that it will be up to your peers and leaders to promote you based off performance.

9. Once they have completed everything on the website. You must go and approve the application and leave 3 comments on the trial member stating why you approved the application.

10. After they have  been approved have them make their new account. Then rejoin the channel and help them set up their profile by having them right click the character in game and add in the order of.
Recruiter:

Date recruited:

12.Explain to them the DSL policy and how it works. Days Since Login once you hit 15 you are automatically disabled. You can reset your DSL by logging on to Overdosed.net each day.

13. Last but not least take a second to ask them if they have any questions at all about the clan and do your best to answer to the best of your knowledge if you have any questions you are unsure of reach out to the division leadership.

Once you have completed these steps the person should be successfully recruited so thank you for showing your interest in recruiting and you now have the ability to get out there and start doing what you do best. GAMING!

This is the basics if you have any other questions feel free to comment with your question or suggestion.

Instructional video will come later as well as recording.

-Dabomb

Edited by Dabomb(OD)
added
  • Upvote 1

good example of how you should recruit ppl take note of this

Just a thought about this subject, Most if not all of the people that are recruited have to make a new Tagged acct. This means they will start at level 1. If we can get them back to the lvl they were on old chars, they will be more likely to stay. Help them get rushed to hell chaos, Help them find chaos runs. By this I mean, if you have a recruit that needs chaos runs and you see I am doing baal runs, send me a message and say I got this new recruit that needs chaos runs. I will stop the baal runs and do chaos runs. If you have a recruit that needs hell ancients, hit me up I love to kill hell ancients. I just recruited someone, his name is MilkCarton(OD) and every time I seen him log on I send him a message to see if he needs anything or if he has any questions. Tonight I think I will make sure he knows how to cast votes, check votes, and promotions.

To a recruit you are the one person they trust most in clan, make them feel like they are part of the community.

I should also add that when they make a new account, they should first see that its 1) available on OD site(someone may have made it already. To check, search logs for the name they want) and 2) available on B.Net(unlikely but you never know). Then as Yerac(OD) pointed out, rush and level them up. Once they're situated, they'll be an asset to the community.

Thanks for that advice both great points ive added them in.

I just wanna mention something concerning player profiles..you mention up there that correct order is:  rank...recruiter and date joined...many of the profiles ive seen are no using this correct format...including my own lol i (will fix this) but ya we should all have a look maybe :)

21 hours ago, CardiacKid(OD) said:

good example of how you should recruit ppl take note of this

its what i set up on how to recruit that the way i do it :))))))

19 hours ago, Yerac(OD) said:

Just a thought about this subject, Most if not all of the people that are recruited have to make a new Tagged acct. This means they will start at level 1. If we can get them back to the lvl they were on old chars, they will be more likely to stay. Help them get rushed to hell chaos, Help them find chaos runs. By this I mean, if you have a recruit that needs chaos runs and you see I am doing baal runs, send me a message and say I got this new recruit that needs chaos runs. I will stop the baal runs and do chaos runs. If you have a recruit that needs hell ancients, hit me up I love to kill hell ancients. I just recruited someone, his name is MilkCarton(OD) and every time I seen him log on I send him a message to see if he needs anything or if he has any questions. Tonight I think I will make sure he knows how to cast votes, check votes, and promotions.

To a recruit you are the one person they trust most in clan, make them feel like they are part of the community.

everyone i recruit does get rush to hell if i can not do it someone else in clan will do it for me and that down to my time zone only other wise i would do it and many help @dabomb i always tell mine to do recruiter date rank in profile :) and pops is mine so his will be how i have told him to do it lol plus i think i said to you that how its done not sure you was taking any noitce of me hahahaha :)

Edited by Sassy

also add that they should make a forums account . same as the one they just made .. so they can get in here and see all the fun topics ... and keep up on the rules and upcoming events and meetings

Was #3 :D

1 hour ago, CardiacKid(OD) said:

also add that they should make a forums account . same as the one they just made .. so they can get in here and see all the fun topics ... and keep up on the rules and upcoming events and meetings

i looked right over it there wasent a space lol my fault gg :)

On 06/12/2016 at 5:26 AM, Dabomb(OD) said:

Was #3 :D

tut tut that one the first things i say to them about forums  :)

the last 2 ppl ive tried to recruit have had an issue with the security code at the end not showing up on their phones ? ive asked them to get on tonight on a pc and retry . is there any way to get a phone to see the security question at the finish of the recruitment process ?

1 hour ago, CardiacKid(OD) said:

the last 2 ppl ive tried to recruit have had an issue with the security code at the end not showing up on their phones ? ive asked them to get on tonight on a pc and retry . is there any way to get a phone to see the security question at the finish of the recruitment process ?

If they're playing D2, wouldn't they already be on a computer capable of accessing the World Wide Web or the internet? Also, I don't think this site was created wth mobile devices in mind, although I wouldn't think it would be that big of a problem. In any event, has anyone tried the recruit bot out yet, even on a trial run?

this was my thought also . the one recruit was an inpatient at a hospital while we where recruiting he had to leave and had tried on his. phone and got the error . had to sighn off when he got back 

bUMP on anyone who would know please. <3

On 07/12/2016 at 5:46 PM, CardiacKid(OD) said:

we had  issues last night( when you came to see what we was doing) its turned out to be blockers on there pc  that would not allow them to go pass stage 3 but i do not know if that same reason on phone donald but think should be looked into though .... yes plz all go and check the recruiting bot out james has done a great great job on it well pleased with that cant wait for the french bit to be added by triny :) 

On 12/4/2016 at 4:36 PM, Dabomb(OD) said:

The process of recruiting.

Recruiting somebody should not just be a 2 minute job although most people wish it was. It does take time so with that being said please take the time to ensure you are going through the correct process to recruit someone. Your recruits are "YOUR" responsibility you are the one that needs to show them the rules etc.. You will be there first in depth contact with the clan. You will welcome them and show them the ropes. Once you have the ability to recruit consider yourself a mentor. With that being said here is the process the Diablo II Division wants you to follow. Anyone not following this process will have their privilege to recruit removed.

( Before you start they must join channel :Sassy
to do any recruiting)

1. Make sure to welcome them to the clan first and foremost. We are a welcoming community and we welcome all into the clan the new the old the bad and good. Ask them if they use mods and let them know we are a GM and legit clan and have a 0 tolerance policy for 3rd party programs

2.Make them check out the website Overdosed.net this is where they can click "Register" and fill out the required info and add yourself as the recruiter. Make sure they read the rules once they have clicked register.

3.We have a forum site that you will also want to make the same account name on and you can find that by clicking the forum tab on the Overdosed.net website.

4. Download Teamspeak 3 this is where most people communicate and it will make your stay here a bit more enjoyable.

http://www.teamspeak3.com/?gclid=CM6j_M_A29ACFUa1wAodfpUK0g ) this is the link they can download TS3 at.

5. We are a gm clan we do not tolerate any bm

6. You will need to make a new account that should consist of 12 characters it needs to end in (OD) with cap letters the reason we ask for a maximum of 12 is because if you make multiple accounts you will be able to add (OD)1 etc. on the end. I.e Dabomb(OD) and Dabomb(OD)1 we always rush our recruits to get them started. It is also nice to help them find some chaos runs even doing this yourself or reaching out to a runner can be great things.

7. If you encounter any problems reach out to Windstorms, Sassy, Dabomb, Seriouswine, Hari or any other person that is warrant officer or higher.

8. Explain a bit how the ranks work they get automatic promotions every 7 days with activity until they hit staff sergeant. After that it will be up to your peers and leaders to promote you based off performance.

9. Once they have completed everything on the website. You must go and approve the application and leave 3 comments on the trial member stating why you approved the application.

10. After they have  been approved have them make their new account. Then rejoin the channel and help them set up their profile by having them right click the character in game and add in the order of.
Recruiter:

Date recruited:

12.Explain to them the DSL policy and how it works. Days Since Login once you hit 15 you are automatically disabled. You can reset your DSL by logging on each day.

13. Last but not least take a second to ask them if they have any questions at all about the clan and do your best to answer to the best of your knowledge if you have any questions you are unsure of reach out to the division leadership.

Once you have completed these steps the person should be successfully recruited so thank you for showing your interest in recruiting and you now have the ability to get out there and start doing what you do best. GAMING!

This is the basics if you have any other questions feel free to comment with your question or suggestion.

Instructional video will come later as well as recording.

-Dabomb

Edited by WindStorMS(OD)

On 12/23/2016 at 10:50 AM, WindStorMS(OD) said:

Also add that if a recruit needs new pass word change then to remember that the new password only is good for 3 days , they should make new pass word and write it down. some might think the new pass word is good for the long term but it actually is temporary and only is good for 3 days .

Ive never heard about this 3 day temporary password. 

8 minutes ago, Badboi(OD) said:

Ive never heard about this 3 day temporary password. 

I was told when i change their pw it only good for 3 days  . so if I am mistaken or was told wrong then I can send a message . I was told that the pw that a person wants change d to let them know that it only good for 3 days or maybe 4 days . Then they will have trouble loggin on if they leave it on the pw I change for them . so was I told wrong or misunderstood ?this is for new recruits who forget their pw.So Ill remove the post then .Was what was told to me .Since you said you dont know bout it i removed the post then ,I must have been told wrong . I guess when you change the password to new recruits it is not recommended to change it just they keep the one given to them when they ask for a pw change because they for got their other pw.

Edited by WindStorMS(OD)

Great Wording! I copied this to my computer so i know what to do! Well Put!

GET GOOD!

On 30/12/2016 at 4:45 AM, Redvaine(OD) said:

Great Wording! I copied this to my computer so i know what to do! Well Put!

GET GOOD!

no need to ashley in my channel there is a bot that will do it for you :) 

• Upvote 1

Maybe add the info that they need to log on overdosed.net for the dsl to reset and not to forum.overdosed.net

11 hours ago, JIraiya(OD) said:

Maybe add the info that they need to log on overdosed.net for the dsl to reset and not to forum.overdosed.net

We can do that. Thank you for your feedback.

11 hours ago, JIraiya(OD) said:

added it in there.

OP Sassy is great to take recruits with the .def  Makes the process smoother, but as I mentioned in the forum message above, I didn't find any of these messages until after I had recruited members.  When you first join OD and the forum, you look at the major forums and subforums and start reading when you have time between helping people, etc.  It's a lot to read.  Therefore, my suggestion was for a subforum for Recruiting and all individuals beginning to perform recruiting be told about that forum during their training.

Interested in joining. Haven't been able to contact anyone regarding it. Everytime I join OP Sassy, it seems I'm the only one in there. Thanks in advance for the help.