Sign in to follow this  
Remsen

Application for Android Platform / Audio Database

I just need some idea's or advice about getting started with a school project.  I'm (my group) is to design an application for Android devices what will essentially give the user the capability to upload audio captured from their phone to a database.  Aside from my inexperience with Android App Development, I'm having some difficulty piecing together how I will be able to store audio clips to a database.  My group wants the database to be hosted on some kind of cloud service.

I was wondering if someone with experience in this kind of thing would perhaps start me in the right direction or drop some terms/names I could lookup.

Gracias.

I don't know what coding language you're using but here's a small example of how it would work in C++ (client-side): http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1244095/c-ftp-library.

You'll also need to code up the server-side program to handle incoming FTP requests.  (Send file system tree, ask for confirmation on rename/overwrites, etc.)

save path of file to the database and store file to the cloud storage providers like amazon s3 or azure.You have to buy cloud unless school is give free access

Thanks for the info.  This is basically what I thought would have to be done.

I'd at least like to see an example of something similar.  I'm just getting myself familiarized with Android API's and dusting my java skills off.  I'll try and catch you on TS in the next few days.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Remsen said:

I'd at least like to see an example of something similar.  I'm just getting myself familiarized with Android API's and dusting my java skills off.  I'll try and catch you on TS in the next few days.  Thanks!

Try reaching him via messaging on here, the main OD site, or AIM.